Skyscrapers in other countries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes as MetroGuy03 said above, but some of them are different because of their own geography, culture, etc.

Oh yeah, they have their own geography and culture, I forgot about that, :lol:

Wanna compare two or three or so cities to see if all cities have something in common?

I noticed that Seattle, Washington; Sydney, Austrailia; and Auckland, New Zealand have something in common. These pictures are not mine.

Seattle, Washington
seattle_skyline3-1.jpg

Sydney, Australia
SydneySkyline.jpg

Auckland, New Zealand
Auckland.jpg

All three cities have something in commons:

-Observation tower
-Ones of world's best harbors
-High diversity of cultures
-Ones of world's best skylines
-Almost full of beautiful skyscrapers
-Almost same climate
-Booming cities
-Ones of world's best cities to live in
-Almost same political views.

I noticed that Seattle, Washington; Sydney, Austrailia; and Auckland, New Zealand have something in common. These pictures are not mine.

Seattle, Washington
seattle_skyline3-1.jpg

Sydney, Australia
SydneySkyline.jpg

Auckland, New Zealand
Auckland.jpg

All three cities have something in commons:

-Observation tower
-Ones of world's best harbors
-High diversity of cultures
-Ones of world's best skylines
-Almost full of beautiful skyscrapers
-Almost same climate
-Booming cities
-Ones of world's best cities to live in
-Almost same political views.

They are true - Go Sydney! :lol:

wow, that's interesting. they all are at the ocean, have observation towers, etc. nice comparsion. :)

Yeah come on guys, show your comparison of any cities that have something in common! :)

Well I am not sure if this one is similar but I have been seeing Seoul, South Korea and Tokyo, Japan seems much similar. They both was divided by administered areas, they both have too many different skylines so people can't really take picture whole of the city, they both have over 8 million people, have similar density look buildings massive crowdly around the city, and Seoul has the largest population in the world with over 10 million people in the city and Tokyo was the world largest metropolitian area in the world and its metro population was 33 million which are the highest in the world.

Seoul, South Korea

Seoul_nighview.jpg

Tokyo, Japan

tokyo.JPG

I didn't know Seoul, South Korea is the largest city in terms of population in the world. Seoul and Tokyo looks similar, wow.

I thought it's Istanbul, Turkey? It's 11 million as of 2007.

I didn't know Seoul, South Korea is the largest city in terms of population in the world. Seoul and Tokyo looks similar, wow.

I thought it's Istanbul, Turkey? It's 11 million as of 2007.

Guess we both was wrong while I look up at the Wikipedia.

Mumbai 13 million
Karachi 11 million
Dehli 11 million
Sao Paulo 11 million
Moscow 10 million
Seoul 10 million
Istanbul 10 million

List of cities by population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow, it must be the 2000 population counts. It might be more now. :)

lol probably... I guess the world is becoming unable to count the people on time because too many people in the world lol :)

lol probably... I guess the world is becoming unable to count the people on time because too many people in the world lol :)

Lol, imagine how many skysrapers with over 10 million people in the city alone. It's crazy! I bet Seattle will be flooded with skyscrapers on almost every corner of the city with the current square mileage.

Lol, imagine how many skysrapers with over 10 million people in the city alone. It's crazy! I bet Seattle will be flooded with skyscrapers on almost every corner of the city with the current square mileage.

Ohh my, yeah I can imagine that. It would be crazy but ratherly my dreamland hehe ;)

Ohh my, yeah I can imagine that. It would be crazy but ratherly my dreamland hehe ;)

Haha, yeah only we can dream! ;)

I wonder if Burj Dubai will be successfully open to the public when it's completed in 2008?

Haha, yeah only we can dream! ;)

I wonder if Burj Dubai will be successfully open to the public when it's completed in 2008?

That I don't know... What if the country decide to hold it and never complete it just like that hotel in North Korea?

That I don't know... What if the country decide to hold it and never complete it just like that hotel in North Korea?

That would be really ominous if they stop building and put it on hold or something like that. We'll see what happens next year.

Yahoo: DUBAI (AFP) - The world's tallest building, still under construction in the booming Gulf emirate of Dubai, has become the world's tallest free-standing structure, its developers said on Thursday. The Burj Dubai tower is now 555 metres (1,831.5 feet) tall and has surpassed the 553-metre- (1,824.9-feet) CN Tower in Toronto, Canada, which held the record for the world's tallest free-standing structure since 1976, developers Emaar Properties said in a statement.....The developer announced in July that Burj Dubai, Arabic for Dubai Tower, had exceeded Taiwan's Taipei 101 which is 508 metres (1,676.4 feet) tall, to become the tallest building in the world.

It is now the tallest free standing structure. I think it's at 150th floor now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back