Skype -- I am confused--Help please

Savvi

Reaction score
For those of you who have this service, please tell me what is free of charge and what is a chargable service. Their website is confusing. I just do not understand how all this works and I would really appreciate your input. Thank you for your time.

I believe its free to call other skype users, but not other people maybe? I only use it to IM and video chat.

As far as I know ladysolitary is correct. My biggest issue right now. I just had a Skype call with Sallylou and it dropped us offline. then we got reconnected and the video wouldn't work right, so we disconnected and went to the P3's, but neither webcam would switch to P3. Said it was still in use by Skype. So, we both rebooted, and mine is working fine, but Sallylou's is still being held captive by Skype. Makes me not so happy with Skype right now.

As far as I know ladysolitary is correct. My biggest issue right now. I just had a Skype call with Sallylou and it dropped us offline. then we got reconnected and the video wouldn't work right, so we disconnected and went to the P3's, but neither webcam would switch to P3. Said it was still in use by Skype. So, we both rebooted, and mine is working fine, but Sallylou's is still being held captive by Skype. Makes me not so happy with Skype right now.

:hmm: Skype is what I was planning on using for my counseling services for the deaf. Might need to rethink that one. Getting dropped in the middle of a session would not be good at all.

guys-- look at it this way--
skype -- when skyping, you are using computer internet to make a call to either a real hearing phone number or another skype user.
So basically a skype caller is just using a software from skype to make calls.

what is free? what do you pay? basically if you call another skype user with YOUR skype account- its free. If you want to call to an hearing person from your skype account to a hearing phone - cost is dependant where the hearing person number is. If you want to do a group video chat with more then one skype user, then you gotta pay a premuim price.

right now - dont bother with skype unless you plan to do a one on one video chat with someone and its free. If you want to do more, just use your VRS to make the call. sooo much easier. if you want to do a multiple call use pc version of Z4 software.

Skype is having issues with webcam quaility so far lately, however the facebook video chat is better than Skype despite the program is designed by Skype company - no dropped out calls, and it is more clearer than Skype itself does.

Skype is having issues with webcam quaility so far lately, however the facebook video chat is better than Skype despite the program is designed by Skype company - no dropped out calls, and it is more clearer than Skype itself does.

How do you even do the facebook video chat?

:hmm: Skype is what I was planning on using for my counseling services for the deaf. Might need to rethink that one. Getting dropped in the middle of a session would not be good at all.

I do know that my Skype calls with my therapist there are no problems. Maybe it all depends on "peak" times and whatnot. I have my therapy in the late morning for 1 hour.

I Understand easy, I am mess my skype because sometimes pretty aware it!I guess easy spot to listing add contact, easy username lol normal take an learn it happened!!

Wirelessly posted

jillio said:

You might consider something like Sorenson. No computer requires, just an internet connection.

Wirelessly posted

You might consider something like Sorenson. No computer requires, just an internet connection.

Does sorenson also allow for texting if needed. I don't know enough ASL for full video chat. That's why I have P3 from Purple and Skype.

Back