signatures with images

I keep my sig simple, and I usually use it only once per thread. That is just my personal preference.

Also, most of the time I keep my options OFF for viewing sigs, avatars and images. I can read thru the posts more quickly that way. Once in a while I turn them back on just to keep up with avatar changes.

It is better for all us if the size and number of images in signatures was reduced. When I'm at work, I'm always on my Sidekick, trying to access AD, but it loads far too slowly. So I'm forced to switches images off, which doesn't allow me to reply. And I know I'm not the only person who accesses this site from a Sidekick ;) For the sake of load time and bandwidth, please be considerate.

Muzik Mafia? What is that even supposed to mean?

yes that is true. i use sidekicks to check on this AD sometimes. i prefer having the images online, but those images are too big for sk or any mobile which SUCKS. they dont care and want to blind us with their too much stuffy images on their signatures.*sound of whining baby*

deafclimber said:
yes that is true. i use sidekicks to check on this AD sometimes. i prefer having the images online, but those images are too big for sk or any mobile which SUCKS. they dont care and want to blind us with their too much stuffy images on their signatures.*sound of whining baby*

Now if I could actually see my animated signature on my Sidekick, I definetely wouldnt mind the extra time. :thumb:

cental34 said:
Muzik Mafia? What is that even supposed to mean?

the Muzik Mafia my dear brother...is like a country gang if u will. Mafia stands for Musically Artistic Friends In Alliance. and Music is spelled Muzik because thats how they want to spell it. basically it was started by Big Kenny, John Rich (of Big & Rich), jon nicholson, and someone else. and its basically a bunch of friends who couldn't get a record deal and so they made this little group and they help eachother get record deals, and support each other's music. Gretchen Wilson is part of it too. there's about 15 members. the Muzik Mafia is all kinds of music: southern rock, country, rap, soul. im a Muzik Mafia Soldier. lol i signed up for like the fan club. i love the muzik mafia.

cental34 said:
It is better for all us if the size and number of images in signatures was reduced. When I'm at work, I'm always on my Sidekick, trying to access AD, but it loads far too slowly. So I'm forced to switches images off, which doesn't allow me to reply. And I know I'm not the only person who accesses this site from a Sidekick ;) For the sake of load time and bandwidth, please be considerate.

I second that and I'm the same as you are when it comes to trying to load AD from my sidekick 2, now I don't look in AD when I'm on my sidekick cause it takes too much of my time waiting and waiting for AD to finally loads up....

I agree with Cental34 and Deafclimbers, some members do need to reduce their signature images, or just have one....

^Angel^ said:
I second that and I'm the same as you are when it comes to trying to load AD from my sidekick 2, now I don't look in AD when I'm on my sidekick cause it takes too much of my time waiting and waiting for AD to finally loads up....

I agree with Cental34 and Deafclimbers, some members do need to reduce their signature images, or just have one....

The average load time for an AD page on my SKII is 2 minutes. That is ridiculous. Thats why I never post from it unless I have no access to a computer.

cental34 said:
The average load time for an AD page on my SKII is 2 minutes. That is ridiculous. Thats why I never post from it unless I have no access to a computer.

Same here Cental34, mine took between 2 to 3 mins for AD to load up!, but when I'm trying to make a post, after I press submit, it takes me 4 to 5 mins to finally see my post...It's ridiculous, it shouldn't take that long for that, that's why I no longer look thru AD when I'm on my sidekick unless I can access it to a regular computer....If some members were able to reduce the size of their images for their signature, then maybe the loading will go quickly, I dunno... :dunno:

I'm starting to wonder if maybe creating a mobile version of AD would be possible? Perhaps with no images or avatars or useless scripts that wouldn't be able to be used on SKII. Just a mirror site with the exact same threads and posts, but text only with a text box for posting on the same page as the thread to save number of webpage changes. Anyone else think there are enough SKII or mobile device users that would appreciate this?

cental34 said:
I'm starting to wonder if maybe creating a mobile version of AD would be possible? Perhaps with no images or avatars or useless scripts that wouldn't be able to be used on SKII. Just a mirror site with the exact same threads and posts, but text only with a text box for posting on the same page as the thread to save number of webpage changes. Anyone else think there are enough SKII or mobile device users that would appreciate this?
Isn't that what the style button at the lower left of the AD page is for? It shows a "Mobile" option. Is that what you mean?

Also, you can use the Edit Options under User CP.

It doesn't function on the Sidekick's web browser. I'm not sure why, but I believe something to do with the SK not recognizing the text box's script. The SK's web browser is on par with early versions of Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator.

Where are you seeing "Mobile Option" at? I've never seen this.

I know you can select to ignore signatures, avatars, and images, but I prefer to be able to view them when I am using my PC, and so each time I switch from my SK to PC, I'd have to switch options. You see what I mean?

cental34 said:
...Where are you seeing "Mobile Option" at? I've never seen this.
Lower left corner of AD page. There is a small rectangular drop down box that says "AD Main Style". It drops down options of "AD Dark Style" or "Mobile".

Understood Deafclimber, I don't blame you how you feel, I have 56K, and it does slowly loading up threads with a bunches of signatures images. I think they should make it smaller. I hope mine is alright with you all, because It's small :giggle:

I do notice that Angel's sidekick does upload AllDeaf very slowly, and that cute tiny sidekick cannot handle huge signature images. :)

Reba said:
Lower left corner of AD page. There is a small rectangular drop down box that says "AD Main Style". It drops down options of "AD Dark Style" or "Mobile".

I never noticed that before. I switched it over to check out Mobile Style and it just simply took away the background colors. Images are still present.

Although, Dark Style is a pleasant new discovery. :mrgreen:

VamPyroX said:
If you want to use more than one signature, you can always use a randomizer. My signature uses a randomizer. Every time you view the page, my signature is different. :thumb:

How do i set up a randomizer? can i ask??? :)

Cheri said:
Understood Deafclimber, I don't blame you how you feel, I have 56K, and it does slowly loading up threads with a bunches of signatures images. I think they should make it smaller. I hope mine is alright with you all, because It's small :giggle:

I do notice that Angel's sidekick does upload AllDeaf very slowly, and that cute tiny sidekick cannot handle huge signature images. :)

yea i am not surprised some of ppl using 56k dial up internet services... the images in signature need to be controled like our avatars that is limited up to 100x100 pixels.... but i am noticing these signatures are out of controls lately like more and more bulky images inside the signatures.

Reba said:

cool.. :) thanks reba

i found that approx 60% in america are 56k dial up users. that means 2 in 5 people have broadspeed internet service.

Have you noticed there are a lot of Halloween signatures!, pretty soon Thanksgiving!, then Christmas! and then Happy New Year!, list goes on. *screaming* Wake me up when all those holidays are over.

Cheri said:
Have you noticed there are a lot of Halloween signatures!, pretty soon Thanksgiving!, then Christmas! and then Happy New Year!, list goes on. *screaming* Wake me up when all those holidays are over.

:giggle: :giggle:

Back