Sign for boring

KristinaB

Emotional Mess
Premium Member
Reaction score
In my class, one of my vocab words for this week is "boring". The book has it one way and the instructor shows another way. Which is used more often?

Book shows a sign like summer, but across the face just below the nose.

Instructor shows us a "1" handshape rubbing against the right nostril (outside). I've not seen that one anywhere online.

Which is correct or used more often?

In my class, one of my vocab words for this week is "boring". The book has it one way and the instructor shows another way. Which is used more often?

Instructor shows us a "1" handshape rubbing against the right nostril (outside). I've not seen that one anywhere online.

1 by the nose is used here.

The sign BORED is demonstrated at aslpro.com and signingsavvy.com, both using the index-drilling-the-side-of-the-nose sign.

Your book sign, if it's the X-hand pulled across the chin, would be the sign for DRY, which can indicate a concept similar to boring, such as "his dry lecture put me to sleep". It more precisely means dull or uninteresting. "Because the lecture was DRY, I was BORED."

For BORED/BORING, I most commonly use the index-to-nose sign. I usually reserve the DRY sign for lecture descriptions.

Mrs Bucket, have you been bored a lot in your life? :lol:

There has been instances I've been bored to tears! :giggle:

The little girl in me has a hard time controlling her impulse thinking so this makes decision thinking difficult when I want to do things my way but the big girl in me decides for me.

Phooey! :P

Thanks everyone - you've answered my question beautifully.

Now I better get to work and do my studying.

[yt]QMoGAYvqmGM[/yt]

yeah I use all of those three different signs of same word boring depends on what sentence is going to be. for example, I have to wait in line up, for ever to wait then i would use ear and lips as boring.

What was the noise?

I just put the speaker at full volume and... I'm not exactly sure. It sounds like.... a bit of talking.... a bit of paper crumbling..... :dunno:

Rock - help us out in here :)

I just put the speaker at full volume and... I'm not exactly sure. It sounds like.... a bit of talking.... a bit of paper crumbling..... :dunno:

Rock - help us out in here :)
Somebody taking one hits from a bong... No I am just kidding..... Like Jiro said, some paper or something being rustled around and then it sounded like something dropped on the floor. Then I heard Bucket farted.

Geeze Bucket... what's with all the noise going on in the background? :lol:
I think I heard heavy breathing, a newspaper or magazine rustling, and someone dropped the remote. :giggle:

Sorry, the speaker on my netbook is minimal.

Somebody taking one hits from a bong... No I am just kidding..... Like Jiro said, some paper or something being rustled around and then it sounded like something dropped on the floor. Then I heard Bucket farted.

I think I heard heavy breathing, a newspaper or magazine rustling, and someone dropped the remote. :giggle:

:ty:

yep definitely Aghori in the locked room :)

:eek3:

The cats were playing on the scratching board, as for the fart.. I know I didn't fart.

I asked hubby and he laughed. He didn't fart; said it had to be one of the cats but I know I didn't smell any gas.

You all will know if I fart, I have to make a face. :aw:

That would be me sucking on a caramel and the magazine rustling would be the Ok! magazine on the couch and the dropping sound would be Mosey jumping off the couch. Yes, he's a heavy boy.

Wow!

:eek3:

The cats were playing on the scratching board, as for the fart.. I know I didn't fart.

I asked hubby and he laughed. He didn't fart; said it had to be one of the cats but I know I didn't smell any gas.

You all will know if I fart, I have to make a face. :aw:
Sorry I was kidding again about the fart. I really didn't hear one. But I did smell one... oops.. that was me..

Back