Sign Deny

That's why I really don't like questions that ask "What's the sign for [this word]?" I always have to ask, "What's the whole sentence or scenario?"

That's why I really don't like questions that ask "What's the sign for [this word]?" I always have to ask, "What's the whole sentence or scenario?"

translate? i assurance not sure

i am pretty images not sure opinion she live language translate spanish not sure
:hmm:
I check it figure out!

Deaf Newspaper has a video where Ken or Michelle (I think that is her name) ask the question like What is the sign for WORD? Then explain how the word came to be call in sign. There are several signs that might be different in different states or other countries. Everyone had their Agenda. :P

Deaf Newspaper has a video where Ken or Michelle (I think that is her name) ask the question like What is the sign for WORD? Then explain how the word came to be call in sign. There are several signs that might be different in different states or other countries. Everyone had their Agenda. :P
Interesting. :)

I agree. You need the context to know which sign to use.

I agree. You need the context to know which sign to use.
It's like the famous RUN question. "How do you sign RUN?"

Which one?

Running nose?

Running for office?

Running around on your spouse?

Running down the street?

Runs in the stockings?

The white line runs down the middle of the street?

The sizes run from small to large?

I don't want to run out of sugar?

The play runs all week at the theater?

I want to run my fingers thru your hair?

The colors might run in hot water?

:laugh2:

wow.. all the comotion

Okay let's see..
Deny " My loan got denied"
or " She denied she had feelings for me"
or.. "Don't deny it you like her"

better!?
although I'm pretty sure I got my answer within the first 3 replies.

wow.. all the comotion

Okay let's see..

better!?

For example, the third one POINT girl LIKE++ POINT boy LIE FINISH! probably would be the best translation.

For example, the third one POINT girl LIKE++ POINT boy LIE FINISH! probably would be the best translation.
yea i always go by the meaning to come up with a translation but i thought it might just have a sign.. thanks PFH!

If you're looking for a video of how to sign it, ASLPro.com shows the sign for "DENY".

If you aren't' familiar with the ASLPro.com site - it's fantastic!!
To find a sign for an English gloss, click on the letter of the alphabet (in the upper left side of the screen) the English word starts with, and then scroll down the list to find the word/sign.

ASLPro.com also has a number of English to ASL translations (equivalents) of English or ASL idioms, figures of speech etc.

ASLPro.com is one of the best sites, if not the best site for vocabulary, idioms, phrases etc :D

BTW, yes you need to use both hands ... one way to remember how to sign DENY is:

Using only ONE "A" hand forming that motion means "NOT" - TWO hands provides more emphasis, making it "DENY" (which is more than just saying "no" or "not")

Sometimes..actually for the most part I don't use ASL pro.. some of my teachers were really against it.. because they had too many see signs..or something..thus I would rather ask a native signer..
But thanks much!

yea i always go by the meaning to come up with a translation but i thought it might just have a sign.. thanks PFH!

Cool. Like I said earlier - I don't like people thinking there are certain signs for certain words. It only promotes errors later on.

wow.. all the comotion

Okay let's see..

better!?

On the bold one statement about "My loan got denied". I just sign My loan "cancel" or "not accept".

I prefer the "thumbs down" for a loan. "Cancel," to me, implies that there was a loan in effect, that was later rescinded.

Back