'Siegfried & Roy' magician mauled by tiger

butterflygal

Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/storyview/MSN/2003/10/04/roy_tiger031004
'Siegfried & Roy' magician mauled by tiger
Last Updated Sat, 04 Oct 2003 7:44:32
LAS VEGAS - Magician Roy Horn, half of the famous duo "Siegfried & Roy" is in critical condition Saturday after being attacked on stage by a white tiger.

Members of the audience at The Mirage hotel said the tiger bit Horn's neck during a Friday night performance.

A spokesperson for the hotel confirmed the 59-year-old magician has a serious neck injury and is in critical condition at University Medical Center.

When Horn brought the nine-year-old tiger on stage, he told the audience it was making its debut appearance. Witnesses say the tiger then lunged at the performer, who tried to beat it off with a microphone.

Siegfried Fisbacher, the other half of the duo, came on stage to announce the show had been cancelled.

The German-born pair have been performing in Las Vegas for more than 30 years. They recently signed a lifetime contract with The Mirage.

Written by CBC News Online staff

Attachments

• siegfriedroy.jpg
    siegfriedroy.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 37
yes i read that news earlier this morning -- so surprising and sad!!!! but then again animals can be so unpredictable too :(

This just prove that tigers cannot be tamed.

sad thing to have happened to the magician they knew what dangers they were getting into, hope that roy recovers soon and out of critical condtion. :(

Yes I saw in AOL news and dammit. I know they been taking care of tigers but not easy because of danger. I was surprise that they took til now. Long time to know them in my years. :D

I was shocked when I heard the news about the attack. Well, Siegfried and Roy knew the risks and dangers of handling and taming wild cats.

Yes.. it is very sad. Siegfried and Roy shows are on hold indefinitely. My dad informed me that Roy has another health issue adding to his severe condition....he has a stroke. Thankfully, he can able to move hands and feet so far. 267 employers already lost their jobs because of tiger mauling. It is so sad.

Back