Should the IPhone 4 be Recalled ??

Wait and see if new iPhone 4G (verizon) might better techique than orignal iPhone 4.

Blame to Gray Powell who drunk and left his iPhone Prototype at bar. That's mean he was not enough to test on it before release to publie.

Steve Jobs should said, "Gray Powell is not perfect person."

Jobs outlined three steps the company has taken:

- iOS 4.0.1 fixes the signal strength display issue by recalibrating the "bars" displayed, and all customers should apply the software update.

- Apple will provide all iPhone 4 customers who purchase their phones by September 30th a free case. Customers will be able to choose from Apple's own bumpers, as well as third-party cases sourced from other vendors. Customers who have already purchased a bumper can receive a refund. Apple's site will begin taking orders for the free cases beginning late next week, and the company will re-revaluate the case situation as it gets closer to the September deadline.

- Any customer who is still unhappy with their iPhone 4 can return it, provided it is undamaged, within 30 days of purchase with no restocking fee charged.

I keep my iPhone 4 and I will get a refund when I already purchased new case in few weeks ago.

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada (!), Denmark, Finland, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Sweden, and Switzerland will finally see iPhone 4 launching on Friday, July 30. Planning to line up for the international release?

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada (!), Denmark, Finland, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Sweden, and Switzerland will finally see iPhone 4 launching on Friday, July 30. Planning to line up for the international release?

Yes, that is what Jobs said....

I dont believe that Verizon will get iPjone 4 because Steve called BS on Bloomberg's artcle

An idiot asked Steve Jobs if there will be a software fix for reception issues. I love how Jobs replied:

"you're asking me: is there a software fix for smartphone attenuation that's seen on every smartphone when you hold it in certain ways?"

I could sense how annoyed he was.

An idiot asked Steve Jobs if there will be a software fix for reception issues. I love how Jobs replied:

"you're asking me: is there a software fix for smartphone attenuation that's seen on every smartphone when you hold it in certain ways?"

I could sense how annoyed he was.

lol, in 1982, someone asked Steve Jobs to fix the broken Apple II motherboard with software update via floppy disk so Steve Job told that are you kidding me. :rofl:

You are right. I never listen any Bloomberg report. This rumor is fake.

why you don't listen to Bloomberg report? it's one of the most important business news in the world.

why you don't listen to Bloomberg report? it's one of the most important business news in the world.

I know that it but I don't believe about iphone 4 and Verizon iphone rumors from Bloomberg.

Job said ”We challenge Bloomberg BusinessWeek to produce anything beyond rumors to back this up. It’s simply not true.”

I believe that he was referring to the report is that an engineer told Steve Jobs of reception problems, not about the Verizon phone.

I know that it but I don't believe about iphone 4 and Verizon iphone rumors from Bloomberg.

Job said ”We challenge Bloomberg BusinessWeek to produce anything beyond rumors to back this up. It’s simply not true.”

I do like Bloomberg at overall but there are few cases that I don't agree.

Yep, Steve Jobs was talking about the report on reception problems, not Verizon. Oddly, he mentioned Verizon later on.

On reportedly having prior knowledge of the antenna issue:

Q: Were you warned about this issue?
Jobs: I assume you're talking about the Bloomberg article. It's a crock. I've challenged them to prove it. I've talked to Ruben (the antenna engineer who supposedly warned Jobs during the design process) and he agrees it's bullshit.

On the networks of the Cupertino campus:
Jobs: We've got strong signal here. We have AT&T and Verizon cell sites on campus.

Makes me wonder why he mentioned Verizon cell sites on campus.

Shit My Jobs Says

Should it be recalled? They should.

But I think the Apple company is just trying to avoid to recall which would cost them lot of money so they would send free bumpers instead... and offer a deal if anyone buy it before Sept. 30th, he/she will receive a free case... boy, it's rather ridiculous! (my opinion)

I decided to slip the iPhone 4 till much later when it's finally solved or probably look for another pager to replace my old fart SK2. It seems like iPhone 3G works well as of now.

Back