should parents lose custody of fat kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted

rolling reminds me of someone here that used to post a lot about CIs and then left because he was banned after getting into several heated arguments with jillio. I just cant help but notice the very same pattern repeating itself again only ... under different aliases. Tsk.. harbouring grudges isn't healthy.

Agreed. Although, I'm not sure it's the same person. There have been several people who have vehemently disagreed with her, and are rabid in their disdain for her views.

It's sad. It really is. But, I think the "tone" of your posts would suggest that there should be more policing of the ones who are known to cause the most dissention on here, and on that, I couldn't agree more!

Wirelessly posted

Oceanbreeze said:
Wirelessly posted

rolling reminds me of someone here that used to post a lot about CIs and then left because he was banned after getting into several heated arguments with jillio. I just cant help but notice the very same pattern repeating itself again only ... under different aliases. Tsk.. harbouring grudges isn't healthy.

Agreed. Although, I'm not sure it's the same person. There have been several people who have vehemently disagreed with her, and are rabid in their disdain for her views.

It's sad. It really is. But, I think the "tone" of your posts would suggest that there should be more policing of the ones who are known to cause the most dissention on here, and on that, I couldn't agree more!

There are several people and sadly the majority of the "several people" happens to be men that takes personal offense with jillio and her perspective. Honestly it's all about egoism. Some are able to walk away and some just harbour deep-rooted resentments and use jillio as a punching bag 'figuratively-speaking' because they think it's easier to hide behind the screen. You're right, I do WISH there are more firmer guidelines when it comes to trolling and those who feed into the trolls. We come to AD for feedback not to have our sounding board thrown for a loop just because someone harbours a grudge.

Wirelessly posted

There are several people and sadly the majority of the "several people" happens to be men that takes personal offense with jillio and her perspective. Honestly it's all about egoism. Some are able to walk away and some just harbour deep-rooted resentments and use jillio as a punching bag 'figuratively-speaking' because they think it's easier to hide behind the screen. You're right, I do WISH there are more firmer guidelines when it comes to trolling and those who feed into the trolls. We come to AD for feedback not to have our sounding board thrown for a loop just because someone harbours a grudge.

I can think of a few women as well. But, what we're mostly talking about here is people having audist viewpoints. People that do will disagree with Jillio vehemently. Take it to the bank! But, disagreement is fine. I've disagreed with Jillio before. I've disagreed with you....never mind! :laugh2: But, the thing is, people get nasty and that's where you have to step back and go "Ya know. This just isn't worth it..." And, move on!

Proper nutrition should be a topic with parenting classes.

And IMO, EVERY parent should be required to take parenting classes that include child development, positive behavior support, proper nutrition, and basic care before they can bring their babies home from the hospital. Extreme? Maybe. But I bet on the farm that I don't have that we will see huge improvement in a lot of areas.

You have to be joking! What about the people that can't afford to eat buy the food, have you seen how much the cost food has gone up ! I what the government less control of my life NOT MORE! Maybe you what to waves your rights away but I what to keep mine to live the way I want to. If parents had do all that where would it end, next parents will be told what books their kids can read if God forbid there anything about food in it!

I use this stuff. Works great.

spray.jpg

Does that come in extra strength?

I have a couple of juvenile delinquents in my family and I'm proud of them.

They stick by me, I stick by them.

They stick by us, we stick by them.

It is what family does.

I do agree that parents should be offered the option of going to nutrition classes or therapy. What do you think about poverty being a big factor in buying cheap, fatty food? There's no class that can help with that.

Again, this would depend on the parents. That kind of sucks if they don't care or don't have the proper understanding to help their kids with obvious weight issues out. Getting the government involved in this is very sticky. Of course, we all want children to be healthy and to grow up with the necessary life skills, but how much are we willing to give up to have that happening? If we gave all this power to the government, we would really be trusting the people that run the program to have the good judgment to handle cases. I am not quite willing to trust these people just yet -- I know not everybody working for the government programs has the empathy or the desire to truly help people. No, I'm not quite there yet with the government thing. The only thing left is to just educate, educate...

If we take these children away from their parents, where are we going to stack them up? We are talking millions of people here...

If we take these children away from their parents, where are we going to stack them up? We are talking millions of people here...

No doubt. The foster care system is already overloaded with children who have been removed from life threatening situations.

We just can't dictate to people who overstuff themselves, even knowing it's bad for their health and their children too. They are the ones who are paying more for junk food, and even larger sizing of clothes....plus their health care.

I had a friend whose 2 kids ate junk all the time. It wasn't their faults, it was the mothers, as she would not cook...both kids were really fat and heavy....they got nicknames such as "Fat Nick" or "Fat Brianna"....the name sticks to them...and I know it must hurt being called that. They had no idea what a nutritious meal was. And both kids came to my houe occassionally to hang out with my boys...and "Fat Nick" busted his pants one day and he was reduced to tears...I had to take him home to find more jeans...to find that every pair he had were too small as he had gained more weight...his Mother was "fussing" at him....and all I could do was bite my tongue, and leave him at home.

So, I do blame the parents moreso...but taking the kids away? No....but there is no other solution I can think of.

We just can't dictate to people who overstuff themselves, even knowing it's bad for their health and their children too. They are the ones who are paying more for junk food, and even larger sizing of clothes....plus their health care.

I had a friend whose 2 kids ate junk all the time. It wasn't their faults, it was the mothers, as she would not cook...both kids were really fat and heavy....they got nicknames such as "Fat Nick" or "Fat Brianna"....the name sticks to them...and I know it must hurt being called that. They had no idea what a nutritious meal was. And both kids came to my houe occassionally to hang out with my boys...and "Fat Nick" busted his pants one day and he was reduced to tears...I had to take him home to find more jeans...to find that every pair he had were too small as he had gained more weight...his Mother was "fussing" at him....and all I could do was bite my tongue, and leave him at home.

So, I do blame the parents moreso...but taking the kids away? No....but there is no other solution I can think of.

How about educating people on the responsibilities, all of them including proper nutrition, of Parenthood BEFORE they become a parent? Would that be an acceptable solution for you?

Note: I'm NOT saying this has to be a requirement for having children, as another poster tried to put words in my mouth.

How about educating people on the responsibilities, all of them including proper nutrition, of Parenthood BEFORE they become a parent? Would that be an acceptable solution for you?

Note: I'm NOT saying this has to be a requirement for having children, as another poster tried to put words in my mouth.

Probably that does happen already in Health classes.

Some people "build themselves up" by "tearing other people down." Many people target fat people under the guise of "health concerns," but it's plain old bullying.

My dad used to make fun of fat people and he starved to death from pancreatic cancer. Just saying.

More government? More rules and regulations? Who conducts these classes? Who pays the expenses? What if they refuse to go; are they prohibited from procreating? Are you suggesting that the potential parents pay for the classes?

You have a lot of suggestions, but they cost money. Someone pays. Will you accept a tax increase to cover these expenses?

I am putting words in your mouth. :wave: You are tiptoeing around the word "manditory" but it is pretty easy to see it. What good are your suggestions if:

• They are not manditory
  • They cost money that new parents cannot afford
  • Those people are going to find a way to make someone else pay
  • That someone else is named John Q. Public
  • John Q. Public refuses to play nice

Yes, it would....I feel everybody would benefit from some source of proper nutrition....but you can educate people (parents) all you want, but it's up to them...and in so many cases, the parents don't give a damn one way or the other...as long as the kids don't bother them to cook and as long as there is food (no matter if it's junk food) in the house.....Even if there is junk food in the fridge...even HRS won't do anything....Some kids live off hot dogs and bologna (which is cheap)....

And in a lot of cases, it's the kids who do the cooking...for the parents...Or calling out for pizza several times a week....It's called "being lazy"....

It's summer...and my boys are home today (no plans)....are they sitting around eating junk food and on the Internet?...NO...one is outside washing the car inside and out.....and one is weeding the flower garden and will cut down bushes along the river bank....their rooms have been cleaned up and dusted....I find chores to keep them off their azzes...keeping them active....and out of the kitchen....If they want to go to the store....they have a skateboard and a bike, even 2 feet for transportation....it's only about a half-mile......

Keeping ur child active, into sports, swimming during the summer, whatever it is to have them outside to work up a good sweat, working those calories off!...Same as for adults....

Yes, it would....I feel everybody would benefit from some source of proper nutrition....but you can educate people (parents) all you want, but it's up to them...and in so many cases, the parents don't give a damn one way or the other...as long as the kids don't bother them to cook and as long as there is food (no matter if it's junk food) in the house.....Even if there is junk food in the fridge...even HRS won't do anything....Some kids live off hot dogs and bologna (which is cheap)....

And in a lot of cases, it's the kids who do the cooking...for the parents...Or calling out for pizza several times a week....It's called "being lazy"....

It's summer...and my boys are home today (no plans)....are they sitting around eating junk food and on the Internet?...NO...one is outside washing the car inside and out.....and one is weeding the flower garden and will cut down bushes along the river bank....their rooms have been cleaned up and dusted....I find chores to keep them off their azzes...keeping them active....and out of the kitchen....If they want to go to the store....they have a skateboard and a bike, even 2 feet for transportation....it's only about a half-mile......

Keeping ur child active, into sports, swimming during the summer, whatever it is to have them outside to work up a good sweat, working those calories off!...Same as for adults....

I totally agree with your post.

Do you feel morally superior now that you've lectured us RR? :lol:

***church lady dance in progress***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back