should parents lose custody of fat kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
rolling7 - what are you proposing, that fat people get targeted and be forced into parenting classes before having sex?

that fat people cant be good parents? and what would be the criteria to determine a fat person wouldn't make a good parent? I know many fat moms who are the most amazing parents and the very idea of anyone telling them they should take parenting classes because they're fat is unbelievably offensive.

I went up to 200 lbs during each pregnancy - should I have been mandated to take parenting classes because I got fat?

You're being ridiculous.

No, I'm nout being ridiculous. YOU only need to go back to the beginning of your post....."that fat people get targeted"....and replace "fat" with "helpless"

Try to read and follow what is posted a little better.

No, I'm nout being ridiculous. YOU only need to go back to the beginning of your post....."that fat people get targeted"....and replace "fat" with "helpless"

Try to read and follow what is posted a little better.

pffft...try making sense for once.

I don't have any guts to comment on parents skill or kids's. Some kids are too stubborn not to listen that parents have a lot of times to make effort on them.

Honestly, I am not that kind of person to comment about others who are obese. I rather seeing if kids are way over weight then have parents to take food courses/classes and have kids to be in it to see why parents are doing their best to provide kids healthy food. Kids may more likely to cooperative or so. I dont feel comfortable using the term : Fat.

I have been trying my best to encourage my kids to eat healthy but they are not fan of the healthy food. ugh! It is the most difficult parenting duty for me as a parent to tell my kids when it comes to a FOOD part. Oh well.

time to roll along.... roll along.... nothing to see in here....

I think he was talking about parents of obese children in the "shotgun" remark. Surprised you missed it.

No, I did not miss anything. YOU brought your guess into this. He was saying I would have a shotgun but whatever I was thinking, HE had a better idea of the use of the shotgun....which is another way of saying the wants to shoot ME (read:STFU)

I don't have any guts to comment on parents skill or kids's. Some kids are too stubborn not to listen that parents have a lot of times to make effort on them.

Honestly, I am not that kind of person to comment about others who are obese. I rather seeing if kids are way over weight then have parents to take food course and have kids to be in it to see why parents are doing their best to provide kids. Kids may more likely to cooperative or so.

I have been trying my best to encourage my kids to eat healthy but they are not fan of the healthy food. ugh! It is the most difficult parenting duty for me as a parent to tell my kids when it comes to a FOOD part. Oh well.

I didn't give my kids any choice. Either they ate what was on their plate or they go hungry. If they didn't want to eat it, fine, I would put the plate in the fridge and tell them whenever they start feeling hungry, the food is there waiting for them. Their fussy eating phase was very short-lived.

I used to babysit my ex's daughter by another woman. she's my sons' half sister. She was the pickiest eater in the world and her diet was so bad she actually had to be taken to the hospital for severe pain resulting from constipation for she would only eat bread, cereal, rice, cookies, soda. No meat, no fruits, no veggies.

I applied the same principle with her as I did with my sons. Eat your supper or go hungry. No snacks allowed. Within 6 months, she was happily eating everything on her plate and all the medical problems she was having from constipation disappeared. her mother worked in the film industry with my ex and had a severe guilt complex about coming home so late every night and let her daughter eat whatever she wanted.

The little girl hated me when I first started babysitting her - she threw temper tantrums like you wouldn't believe but I never gave in and six months later, would come running to the door to hug me when I came over to babysit.

time to roll along.... roll along.... nothing to see in here....

I disagree...

vzypav.jpg

One question, since you are of opinion that these parents are helpless.
Should they even be allow to have a child?

What? You mean you will stand guard over the bed with a shotgun? I can think of better uses for it. :roll:
You have absolutely no idea what you are getting into, so STFU.

No, I did not miss anything. YOU brought your guess into this. He was saying I would have a shotgun but whatever I was thinking, HE had a better idea of the use of the shotgun....which is another way of saying the wants to shoot ME (read:STFU)

Connect the dots. Relax. Step away from your keyboard. Nobody is making threats here. It is an exchange of opinions. Problem is, you are a lone wolf with your "they should not have offspring" mantra.

I didn't give my kids any choice. Either they ate what was on their plate or they go hungry. If they didn't want to eat it, fine, I would put the plate in the fridge and tell them whenever they start feeling hungry, the food is there waiting for them. Their fussy eating phase was very short-lived.

I used to babysit my ex's daughter by another woman. she's my sons' half sister. She was the pickiest eater in the world and her diet was so bad she actually had to be taken to the hospital for severe pain resulting from constipation for she would only eat bread, cereal, rice, cookies, soda. No meat, no fruits, no veggies.

I applied the same principle with her as I did with my sons. Eat your supper or go hungry. No snacks allowed. Within 6 months, she was happily eating everything on her plate and all the medical problems she was having from constipation disappeared. her mother worked in the film industry with my ex and had a severe guilt complex about coming home so late every night and let her daughter eat whatever she wanted.

The little girl hated me when I first started babysitting her - she threw temper tantrums like you wouldn't believe but I never gave in and six months later, would come running to the door to hug me when I came over to babysit.

Good to know she is doing well now. :) Just that I hate to be a parent when it comes to a food section. :lol:

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Frisky Feline said:

Good to know she is doing well now. :) Just that I hate to be a parent when it comes to a food section. :lol:

Yes parenting is hard in most sections. Its difficult for me sometimes.

yeah Dealing with the food section is the most difficult part than any other things to do with kids.

Actually, one would think so but it's really not that hard. What's hard to making kids eat well when there are unhealthy choices in the house that they would keep sneaking out of the pantry and spoil their appetite. The girl I babysat tried all the time to sneak cookies or her favourite treat, rice krispie treats out of the pantry - I made her mother stop buying them and only allow just one bag of sweets in the house like oreos or whatever that I could easily keep out of reach and let her have just one or two after supper. Once junk food is no longer accessible and their only choices are healthy food, then they adapt pretty fast. Hunger has a way of making healthy food taste really good.

Ha. Guess I did not have your passion when it comes with the food section. Every parents have their own different ways of dealing with the kids in many different sections.
Food section is the one I hate the most thing to deal with kids. :)

Ha. Guess I did not have your passion when it comes with the food section. Every parents have their own different ways of dealing with the kids in many different sections.
Food section is the one I hate the most thing to deal with kids. :)

you're not alone, many parents struggle with it. I'm just glad I have the ability to be strict when it comes to kids being picky about food. Got that from my parents.

Should not they have an education BEFORE they have a child?

The child's doctor should work with the family to help an overweight child lose weight. The doctor should tell the parents the health risks their child will have if they get too fat. What kind of education are you talking about, a high school diploma or master degree? It good thing this idea was not a law when the country was starting out a lot of parents would not be allowed to have babies.

I did not feed my baby baby food from a jar, I made all her baby food in a blender so she did not get all that added sugar and salt as a baby. And I did not buy any junk food for her and my child never had a weight problem. I think too many parents use food as an award or as a punishment and that is not a good idea. Some doctors do this, they give a child a lollipop as an award !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back