Shock shock!!!

I was put in a class for 'reject' students ,this is what we were called by the teacher and other students . Nice huh? There was a girl at function under 5 years old . I wasted a whole year of school being in that class, we were given work way below out grade level so we could 'pass' the class.
Your students are very lucky to have you for their teacher.

Thanks..they are. Good group. Just don't know how to behave in social situations.

I teach deaf and hh students with severe intellectual disabilities. High school kids who function at 5 years or under

And often this population can and does have associated behavorial problems. ...Not always thou.

In some ways I like it and in other ways I dont. I hear the highs but I want the lows too.

I can't hear the highs but I can hear the lows and I hated it when I went to my granddaughter dance recital . It was killing my head! I felt bad about this.

In some ways I like it and in other ways I dont. I hear the highs but I want the lows too.

As you progress your audi can tweek the programs in your CI and can adjust it to boost the bass or certain frequencies. I have 4 programs in my CI the last 2 decreases certain frequencies to make others more apparent. So I can switch to program #3 to decrease high frequency sounds or #4 to decrease the low. (We played with these cause I was having trouble at concerts picking up certain sounds) Once you get used to it you can adjust the volume and sensitivity yourself at any time.

Back