Shock shock!!!

A high frequency hearing lost , this was new to me too . I never heard this term before . I knew I have a high frequency hearing lost but I never had an audi use left corner hearing lost before.
??

Left corner is low frequency. High frequency is on the right side of the audiogram.

I'm so confused now....

Now if you knew you had high frequency loss and they tell you left corner frequency hearing loss- either you had the wrong info all these years or you really have a reverse cookie bite audiogram (or a relatively flat one depending on the middle).

I think I've heard that term before though- left and right corner loss- but referencing the actual bottom corner of the audiogram-- in the 110-120 dB range

(Lights fat joint)....
Hope it works out for you shel..

(Drags joint....pondering signs and portents.....as the smoke rises...)

I never knew they use corners to demonstrate loss.
Im usually good with all the angles.
Guess in this case..
Im flat round...
Mmmmmmmm...

I never knew they use corners to demonstrate loss.
Im usually good with all the angles.
Guess in this case..
Im flat round...
Mmmmmmmm...

:lol: First time I ever heard it. That could be because I hear low frequency.

Yea because my hearing level got worse and I couldnt get sounds from hearing aids. :(

That's bummer. But I'm happy to know you get what you need for yourself. :)

Congrats on new CI!

Do you only have one CI or have two?

??

Left corner is low frequency. High frequency is on the right side of the audiogram.

I'm so confused now....

Now if you knew you had high frequency loss and they tell you left corner frequency hearing loss- either you had the wrong info all these years or you really have a reverse cookie bite audiogram (or a relatively flat one depending on the middle).

I think I've heard that term before though- left and right corner loss- but referencing the actual bottom corner of the audiogram-- in the 110-120 dB range

http://www.agbellca.org/img/sb_audiogram1.jpg

Here's an image of a left corner audiogram, pretty much what mine looks like, yes, that is called high frequency loss. My loss starts at 80dbs and no response at 2000 Hz.

So left corner means you do hear the lows? Because that is what mine is like too.

Never heard that term before

Yes, that is correct, you can hear lows. It is called high frequency loss. Can't hear squat in the high frequencies. :lol:

Thank you- that does make sense. I couldn't picture it with the way it was described.

In that context- no I'd never heard of that particular scenario/term and what it looks like even.

(Lights fat joint)....
Hope it works out for you shel..

(Drags joint....pondering signs and portents.....as the smoke rises...)

Of course this doesn't make me hearing. Never will. I went to Gallaudet today with my Deaf friends and walked to the H street festival. There was a game at Gally at the same time.msaw so many Gally students with CIs but as long as they cherish and value ASL like I do, it is all good.

I couldn't hear the bass part of the music that was being played by the different bands there. That was a bummer

:deaf:
Shel, it was my mistaken understanding that you were born totally deaf...no HA at all....and thought it awesome your speech was understandable, along with your lipreading....

Anyway, congrats on the decision to have the CI...at several times I was eligible but the infections were too rampant and now the left ear (good ear) has been closed off, but still have to have mastroid cavity cleanings every 2 months....

Good Luck!

I wore HAs all of my life. I was raised oral only and mainstreamed.

Thanks.

You mean you don't call 911 when they get out of control ? They could be terrorists. :giggle: How many students do you have in your class?

I teach deaf and hh students with severe intellectual disabilities. High school kids who function at 5 years or under

That's bummer. But I'm happy to know you get what you need for yourself. :)

Congrats on new CI!

Do you only have one CI or have two?

One..the Audi recommended that I get two and I was like :shock:. Not ready for that.

Of course this doesn't make me hearing. Never will. I went to Gallaudet today with my Deaf friends and walked to the H street festival. There was a game at Gally at the same time.msaw so many Gally students with CIs but as long as they cherish and value ASL like I do, it is all good.

I couldn't hear the bass part of the music that was being played by the different bands there. That was a bummer

LOVE IT shell...
LOVE IT!!
"-)
Damn....i miss gally....so much..ah well...

I teach deaf and hh students with severe intellectual disabilities. High school kids who function at 5 years or under

I was put in a class for 'reject' students ,this is what we were called by the teacher and other students . Nice huh? There was a girl at function under 5 years old . I wasted a whole year of school being in that class, we were given work way below out grade level so we could 'pass' the class.
Your students are very lucky to have you for their teacher.

Yea, I would have to say that is a bummer. Bass is best part. Were you able to hear the highs tho that you couldn't hear before?

One thing I am very curious about is how music would sound with CI. I look forward to hearing how it goes for you.

Yea, I would have to say that is a bummer. Bass is best part. Were you able to hear the highs tho that you couldn't hear before?

One thing I am very curious about is how music would sound with CI. I look forward to hearing how it goes for you.

In some ways I like it and in other ways I dont. I hear the highs but I want the lows too.

Oh now I get it......Does MD classify all kids with a functional level of 5 years and younger as "severe?" B/c I know with IQ levels profound= level of a baby (the type of kid where the dhh is very much secondary to other issues, and where they are in a wheelchair, have a g-tube and other stuff) and severe= level of a toddler/preschooler. ....Didn't realize they included kids on a 5 year old level as "severe" ...Those are the kids who might be able to learn some sight words and VERY basic functional acdemics....So basicly you're teaching high school aged kids who are on the level of kindergarteners/preschoolers.....

Back