Sex Offender's Attacker: 'I Would Do It Again'

Yes I second that.

It´s parent´s job to teach the children to not talk to strangers, etc. It´s not okay to teach a child to know that it´s okay to hit former sex offender unless self-defense.

Yupp exactly.

While I puzzle at sexual offenders (a title that includes an 18 year old who has sex with a 17 year old high school sweetheart), here is what I gather:

The Numbers Guy : How Likely Are Sex Offenders to Repeat Their Crimes?
Recidivism rates vary widely depending on which crimes are counted, the timeframe of the studies, and whether repeat offenses are defined by convictions, arrests, or self-reporting. But even the author of a widely published report suggesting a recidivism rate of 52%, Wisconsin psychologist Dennis Doren, told me of the notion that all sex criminals are likely to re-offend, “There is no research support for that view, period.” Dr. Doren, evaluation director at the Sand Ridge Secure Treatment Center in Mauston, Wisc., added, “You’re not talking to a bleeding-heart kind of guy here.”

Yet incorporating convicted sex offenders’ undetected crimes can lead to higher numbers, such as one controversial Canadian study that found long-term recidivism could be as high as 88.3%. (It was debated in the Canadian Journal of Criminology and Criminal Justice in 2006.) Critics say that rate was artificially increased by the study’s design.

Predator Panic: Reality Check on Sex Offenders | LiveScience
According to a U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics study ("Recidivism of Sex Offenders Released from Prison in 1994"), just five percent of sex offenders followed for three years after their release from prison in 1994 were arrested for another sex crime. A study released in 2003 by the Bureau found that within three years, 3.3 percent of the released child molesters were arrested again for committing another sex crime against a child. Three to five percent is hardly a high repeat offender rate.

In the largest and most comprehensive study ever done of prison recidivism, the Justice Department found that sex offenders were in fact less likely to reoffend than other criminals. The 2003 study of nearly 10,000 men convicted of rape, sexual assault, and child molestation found that sex offenders had a re-arrest rate 25 percent lower than for all other criminals. Part of the reason is that serial sex offenders—those who pose the greatest threat—rarely get released from prison, and the ones who do are unlikely to re-offend.

(bold emphasis done by me)

Last edited:
sad that there are people out there like this woman who are too worried about "labeled" sex offenders around. They should be more worried about those people that never get caught and plan to committing sick crime on kids, and those people might be next to them and not even knowing it! That is worst thing that could happen.

And Libeling was right that re-offending on these sex offenders are low. I found out earlier. So back to point, educate to kids is best thing than beating somebody out just because they are one of them.

True. I struggle with this topic, so it's hard for me to place blame on the woman. On the one hand, she took the life of someone who may not be guilty of the crime. On the other hand, if he was guilty, she did the world a favor (in my mind).

Ugh. Can I just plead being human on this one, Jillio?

Sure you can. While I have my own personal opinion of pedophiles (and it certainly isn't complementary), I cannot condone taking the law into one's own hands, or vigilateism of any form. If I condone taking away the rights of another, as in refusing them due process of law, then I also agree to forfeit my rights to same.

She did not kill the man, so that's not even close to the death penalty.

And if you have kids, You would understand the position this woman was in.

She has the right to protect her children. She does not have the right to viciously attack another human being, especially when the human being attacked had done nothing to provoke her actions. She deserves prison time.

Liebling said:
It´s parent´s job to teach the children to not talk to strangers
Can you teach 3-5 years old not to talk to strangers? I'll love to see you try. They're too young to be able to understand.

Can you teach 3-5 years old not to talk to strangers? I'll love to see you try. They're too young to be able to understand.

Absolutely, a 3-5 year old can be taught not to talk to strangers. Pre-school programs do it all the time. Personal safety can be taught to any child.

Absolutely, a 3-5 year old can be taught not to talk to strangers. Pre-school programs do it all the time. Personal safety can be taught to any child.

That's not easy.. I have a nephew who is four years old.. he doesn't understand everything we tell him and does what he wants to

She has the right to protect her children. She does not have the right to viciously attack another human being, especially when the human being attacked had done nothing to provoke her actions. She deserves prison time.
I agree. however I will take appropriate action to subdue the suspect if the situation requires it. For ie - he was touching the child inappropriately. I will confront him and restrain him under citizen arrest until the police arrives. If he resists - well... let's just say the ambulance is needed :cool2:

yea tricky situation

Do you really think a 3 years old would not say hi when a supermarket cashier says hi to them? There are many young kids who are friendly with everyone, even if you tell them not to talk to strangers. They just don't have the same understanding as most kids who are the age of 6 and up.

Well, I understand how Gibson feels "snapped" like that. Because Gibson always love her daughter...to cherish.
Sex Offenders need know better to get away from the kids, but people? People needs to do is "check and check and check" before join in part of adult friendship first before the decision of "rid of a friend or keep a friend" issue.
As all sex offenders know better to keep low profile because it REALIZED how the LAW has VERY Highly warning of the charges that which can't afford it. NO FREEDOM and JAIL TIME with long years, it is no fun.
New Law in some state has issued that first sex offender gets one frist chance, there are no second chances...it would go straight to jail for lifetime.
"Snapped" is not good preety idea for anyone. "upset" can be part of and need to be under control...RELAX, as I wish for Gibson to take her daughter to see any examine with doctor, or ER how show if she is raped, or not raped would be an answered and be report the police it is easier way to do so.

Yes I taught them to not accept the sweets from the strangers. They were being exposed by kindergarden for 3 years since they were 3 years old to 6 years old before go to their first school.

My both children were being taught at kindergarten to understand why they should not talk or accept anything from strangers when they were 3 years old. My both boys were being exposed at earlier age to know what bad or good.

Last edited:
Do you really think a 3 years old would not say hi when a supermarket cashier says hi to them? There are many young kids who are friendly with everyone, even if you tell them not to talk to strangers. They just don't have the same understanding as most kids who are the age of 6 and up.

We have no problem to have children to say Hello or Bye to cashiers because we shop there often, they are not strangers to us.

The children know that they should not talk or take anything from the strangers when they meet at Park or street alone. The children were being taught to go to school with other children together, never go alone or go to school bus together.

The children know that they should not talk or take anything from the strangers when they meet at Park or street alone. The children were being taught to go to school with other children together, never go alone or go to school bus together. [/FONT]

We wouldn't have a high amount of abduction numbers of children gone missing even if children knew not to talk to strangers. Just because parents tell their children not to talk to strangers, it doesn't mean they have an idea of what the parents are really talking about. From the child's perspective they might think you're talking about some monster, not people like us. If you attended a family reunion and you meet the other side of your family that you have not met in long time, and your children see you hugging your relatives whom they never seen before, it sends confusing message to the children. You can't expect those children to understand the same as we understand. It's not that simple. :)

It´s parent´s job to teach the children to not talk to strangers, etc.

What bugs me is parents are not teaching their children about safetly or what they need to know or who to trust instead they telling them not to speak to strangers at all. Now... here's the problem there was a story about a child who got lost in the woods, there were rescuers looking for him but couldn't find him, even through the child knew they were there but did not go up to them, kept hiding and running away from them because he was taught to be afraid of strangers and not speak to them at all. The child almost died.

Are parents trying to prevent their children from meeting other people even those who wants to help or protect a child? I don't want my children to be afraid to seek help if they do get lost, instead of teaching them not to talk to strangers, we should be teaching them what they really need to know, how to protect themselves and what to do if someone does approach them.

While I do understand that parents are concerned about the safety of their children but I think children needs help learning how to response to strangers and what to do in case something does happen.

Did you know that most raped, abused, abandoned and kindnapped etc. are done by family members or others that are very close to the child or parents than by strangers?..

Sure you can. While I have my own personal opinion of pedophiles (and it certainly isn't complementary), I cannot condone taking the law into one's own hands, or vigilateism of any form. If I condone taking away the rights of another, as in refusing them due process of law, then I also agree to forfeit my rights to same.

I agree with you. Vigilantism doesn't really solve anything, either. It just leaves someone dead and someone else is sent to prison.

*sigh* I really struggle with this. There are no easy answers here. I believe the problem lies in what do we do with level three offenders. The truly dangerous pedophile who will reoffend again and is not amendable to therapy. What do we do with these people?

I have my own ideas on what we should do, but I'll leave my emotions out of it (or I will try to). Do we lock these people up in a secure psychiatric facility for the rest of their lives, or do we send them to prison?

I wish I knew how we can gaurantee the safety of children without going to such extremes as taking a life; especially when that guy she killed may not be guilty of the crime in the first place! I keep forgetting this, but if that's what happened, and this guy was innocent.... OMG... :eek3:

Did you know that most raped, abused, abandoned and kindnapped etc. are done by family members or others that are very close to the child or parents than by strangers?..

Thats a good point!

William and Tammy, want sentence to death penalty for both of you?

Think twice...

That's not easy.. I have a nephew who is four years old.. he doesn't understand everything we tell him and does what he wants to

I didn't say it was easy....I said it could be done and was done all the time. A 4 year old should not be in a position of being unsupervised in the presence of strangers. Likewise, it is often necessary to rephrase the concept that you are teaching to make it age appropriate for a 4 year old.

And one would assume that when a 3 year old says "hi" to a cashier, that 3 year old is also under the parent's direct supervision. If that 3 year old is in the store by themselves, then there is more going on with that situation that the parent's unwillingness to teach the child the difference between a stranger and a friend.

Likewise with a 6 year old. A 6 year old should not be in a store without parental supervision.

Back