September 11, 2001

Hmm... I think we should just move on and try not to talk about 9/11 since it is still painful for everyone to remember...

I was at home taking care of my one year old child, and pregnant with my second child. When I saw it on the news I went to my mother's.

It's funny though, how the town just suddenly went quiet.

My brothers were in school. They came home afterwards and said they stopped classes that day and watched the news on the television in class. That was the key moment for both my brothers, because they joined the military to protect their country.

My emotions at the time were one of utter grief, shock, and fear. Sadness for the unreasonable loss of life, especially of the children in the buildings.

Shock because the majority of Americans didn't think it would happen. Made us wake up, didn't it?

And fear from the devastating attack on American Soil and will it happen again?

I shed a lot of tears with my mother that day while we watched.

I can't really remember where I was on Sept. 11/01. I was fairly young... but I remember watching some of the news stories after it happened. I am pretty sure I was watching the news when the second plane blew up.

I remember having dinner with my family and being worried about family members that were working in the WTC tower. They just barely survived because they had enough time to run down three flights of stairs before the building collapsed. Needless to say we were all extremely relieved when we found out they were okay.

I was getting ready for work and turned on CNN like I usually did. I couldn't believe my eyes. Watched all the news until I had to leave. At work they brought out TVs and kept it on for days. The whole incident left me feeling subdued for many weeks.

I was getting ready to go to work. I went to work late, because I kept watching the news. I remember feeling so helpless.

I was very sick when it happened. My cousin's husband was killed on the WTC's 94th floor, that left my cousin with 3 small children and she was 3 then months pregnant. It was very hard for all of us. It's too emotional!!! :(

You were at Va Tech - the same place where those mass killing took place?

Anyway, what do you think of the Blue Ridge Mountains? My mother's family is from the Shenandoah Valley area. I have relatives living in Luray there.

yup.... the very same place where VT massacre happened. It's a dreary thought because the killings took place where I had engineering & English classes.

I did not have opportunity to check out Blue Ridge Mountain but I did love Shenandoah Mt. I plan on going back again.

From my old post here:

I was on the way to pick up my now ex girlfriend in the morning when I saw cars parked on the bridge on Route 3 East (not normal), and when I turned to my right to see what was going on, I saw this huge smoke a few miles ahead. I thought it was just another typical fire until all the radio stations started talking about the WTC tragic. I almost froze, and thought this whole thing was a movie because it seemed so unreal.

I was very sick when it happened. My cousin's husband was killed on the WTC's 94th floor, that left my cousin with 3 small children and she was 3 then months pregnant. It was very hard for all of us. It's too emotional!!! :(

I forgot to add that my cousin starts drinking. I am worried about her, for her children's sakes.
Her youngest son will be 8 years old next year. (My cousin and her baby son were in the picture of the People issue... )
Time flies!!!

i remmy that day.. when i woke up late morning and feel fresh for the day.. somehow i think of my grandma if she awake.. i went to her room.. she acts like complain about the tv as she point to the tv.. i was like what.. i cant figure out due to communicate break down.. so i went to the living room and turn the big tv.. i notice the WTC got burn and plane hits.. i was like ohh that movie.. new one.. as i puzzled same time.. until i finally notice it is CNN live.. i was like oh that cnn channel then sudden the second plane hits as fireball i was like ohh F**k ! i watched tv as my *image bird * around my head ... i keep awake almost all night.. i finally bed at maybe 2 am.. i was thought it blame to someone in ameican but turn out it was Bin Laden! grrr! he was a guy who idoit to make that plan!

I have CBS 9/11 VHS tape (copied from Docmument made movie on TV) contain some adult langauges on CBS TV.

Anyway, I was at the hospital for medical appts somehow I saw medical staff gotten calls on pagers and etc. I was puzzled then after medical appts, I got home at my apartment.. My apartment landlord informed and guided me over to conference room to watch tv.. Whoa, twin tower on fire, but no CC on very old TV. I go over to my apt to check on my TV with CC, very shocking it's a terrorist attack in NYC. I was hungery and need go to store, Many customer and store employee listening the PA system (Ceiling speakers). The road was less traffics and I think everybody went into shelter for precautions.

My cousin died in downtown area that near the wtc bldg by ashes/smoke killed my cousin (Ashama) Can't breathe in ash/smoke area.

Oh yeah, I remember that day on 9/11. I was getting ready for school, only in 7th grade and Dad ran into my room, pulling me to his room and showed me the TV, the news about plane crashed into one building and at that moment, I saw another plane crashing into another building. I was shocked and horrified, I will never forget that day. Dad still made me go to school even though most of my friends stayed home... but all day at school was quite quiet and we didn't really do anything as teachers were in gloomy mood and just watched the news all day on TV.

yup.... the very same place where VT massacre happened. It's a dreary thought because the killings took place where I had engineering & English classes.

I did not have opportunity to check out Blue Ridge Mountain but I did love Shenandoah Mt. I plan on going back again.

Did I mention that an ancestor of mine (I think his last name was Ganser) gave away the Luray Caverns to his son in law? In all fairness, it wasn't discovered until 180 years later.

Last I heard the president of my mother's DAR group owns it. I dunno if she's till the president of DAR as this was like 12 years ago when I found that out from my mother.

Um I am referring to the mountain range rather than a single mountain. The Blue Ridge Mountains which are a subset of the Appalachian Mountains.

Sorry I didn't make that clear the first time.

Um I am referring to the mountain range rather than a single mountain. The Blue Ridge Mountains which are a subset of the Appalachian Mountains.

Sorry I didn't make that clear the first time.

yes I know what you're talking about. I haven't had an opportunity to check it out by foot but I have passed by it several times. I've hiked and camped at northern part of Appalachian Mountain. I've done horseback riding and mountain biking at Shenandoah Mountain.

but you gotta love the morning mist along Blue Ridge. very beautiful

yes I know what you're talking about. I haven't had an opportunity to check it out by foot but I have passed by it several times. I've hiked and camped at northern part of Appalachian Mountain. I've done horseback riding and mountain biking at Shenandoah Mountain.

Oh just making sure. :)

but you gotta love the morning mist along Blue Ridge. very beautiful

I used to hike with my family at Big Meadows in the Shenahoah (I never can spell the name:P) park. Now I just look at it... It's so beautiful.

My parents named their farm Little Meadows. Oh, yeah the mist is awesome.

I was at home that day and I got a text message from a friend who was on the 95th floor off the WTC1 saying that a plane had hit it and wanted me to pass on a message to a relative of hers who works at the local hospital. I turned on the TV and lo behold - it was all there on the Telly, I dashed out of the house down to the hospital to find her and showed her the message. She then rang her direct and the conversation was quite harrowing. She never made it out as we heard the almighty roar of the building collapsing down. She screamed in desperation and I was too numb in shock and tears rolling down my eyes. I held her tight and took her home. Had to call the doctor out to give her sedatives as she was really working herself up so much and not dealing with it very well. I had the TV on there at her place. By then the second plane had already hit the other tower and one tower had already collapsed and watched the second tower eventually collapse. I was really emotional that day crying and ringing/texting people telling them that she's no longer around anymore.

I had planned to vist NYC that year to visit and see her, I cancelled it and went in the following year instead. I saw Ground Zero and paid my respects and placed some flowers on her behalf.

In 2005 on 7/7 I got caught up in the tube bombings in London as I was making my way over to the hospital at Gray's Inn Road at Kings Cross and was on a tube train when it went off, it caused a knock on effect on tubes underground that my tube was halfway between stations and had to wait before we could get out - it was 2/3hrs later that we all saw daylight and learned of the atrocities. I had to go home to recover for a few days before I ventured to London once again as I work in London. To this day I will never go down the tubes and use overground public transport instead unless it's a last resort.

Back