September 11, 2001

Yeah It was very emotional day. you should see my earlier post in this thread.

I wouldn't have been here wtih my son who will turn four this January. I was 5 1/2 months pregnant with him when pentagon attacked where I was block away ( I work for Pentagon).

very traumatic. I still can not erase that horrific day...when I see numbers like time clock saying 9:11 am or pm. it reminds me of 9/11 no matter or what. ugh.

I get spooked at gas station still when I smell gas fumes bec I did smell the fumes from the airliner carrier at pentagon when it attacked.....long long detailed story. ugh.

I get jumpy if i hear loud noise or boom...I still tell myself it is not airplane...its books dropping or whatever the noise came from.

it was an historical day that we all will not forget just like Pearl Harbor attack on Dec 7th...now for our generaton is 9/11.

CrazyRedHeadWV said:
I watched the speical shows, "The Flight That Fought Back", about World Trade Centers, Penagon and one in Somerset Pa, and I cried my eyes out, and it was VERY emotional day!

I will NEVER forgot this day.

I saw that show last night on Discovery Channel. It was very emotional to watch it. It was amazing about the phone call and etc. We never know who went after the hijacked. All I know they did their job to take the plane down and they are 15 minutes away from the U.S. Capital in DC.

We never know what happened to us and we always fight back no matter what!! God bless to the troop, death and people got injured.....

javapride said:
Where were u during the 9/11 i know this sounds touchy and all but thought of listening to all of u share this story....

me i was in my bed when the 9/11 happened i was awaken by my sister who told me the world trade center crashed and i immeditely went online to check all of my friends who lived on the east coast and see if they were alright. thankfully they all were accounted for!

Well I was at CSUN, getting ready to go to ASL class. And anyway...
after I walked out of CSUN dorm, I was in dorm 12. And I thought
it was creepy when nobody was outside... I was just walking
alone from Dorm, walking 5 blocks to get to the building where my classroom is. I just didn't understand why outside was so quiet.

And then I walked in classroom, and wondering why classmates watching tv.
And then I looked up on tv and saw a building smoked up.... and
I was just watching and asking, "what happen? So what the building is on fire."

And then a nice woman who sat next to me explain to me... the planes
crashed into building.
Then I figured, well it must be foggy out there, maybe the airplanes didn't
see the buildings, it was just a freak accident or something. I didn't know.

Then the professor said she is from NYC and her father worked around there... and so she told all of us classmates she is letting us leave class early... because she gotta call her father.

And then I walked back to the dorm and turned on my tv and saw buildings fell and people running... I was like, "what the hell?"
How can a building fell after planes crashed on top floors? It doesn't make sense...
I just think that building is like a cup, knock it over and spill drink all over the place.

Sigh!!!

There was a big fundraising (beach) party for The Man a.k.a. Ted Turner at Santa Monica State Beach yesterday. Many people were there and Nas & I had blast time!

Anyway, some of us watched the good program on discovery channel about 9/11 last night at one of friends' place (Santa Monica). I forget the name but I believe that it was the same program that CrazyRedHeadWV watched last night: The Flight That Fought Back. I must admit that I couldn't even watch the whole thing but it was recorded on my DVD recorder (set timer). My heart goes out to all 9/11 victims.

bluegecko474 said:
I was at work. I was walking to the caferia and order some breakfast sandwish. Then I heard the Big Screen TV volume up and loud noise from sound of the plane and I saw it on the news. So I was talking with co- worker and told me what happened. I went back to my desk and see the update from CNN.com. It was kind make me sick because it been going on the news over 48 hours.

I brought a movie about two years ago and it called "9/11" It was based on the fireman documentary. It a real life documentary following the events of September 11 from two French fimmaker who were in the Manhattan that day. That movie give me emotions and worth to watch. Make me feel like I was there.

The dvd/vhs of the French or Swedish was mentioned in my counseling class - it came up during the course of discussing natural disasters and terrorism and how they affect society as a whole. For example, 9/11 affected just about EVERYONE in the world.
Very terrifying and saddening.

I had Just arrived at Gallaudet for a meeting when I saw a TV in one of the offices. The meeting was cancelled.

I recalled myself driving to work on 9/11 and received a page at 8:10am from my boss said "Don't come to work" and that was it! Huh? I'm halfway to work in the 21 miles distance from home and thinking that my work 13th floor building is on fire or something and gonna check it out but changed my mind and drove back home...then I called my boss' cell phone via relay and she said "turn on your TV!!!" I turned on the ABC - Good Morning news and saw the 2nd plane into WTC - I was like OMG :shock: and into :tears: remembering I walked outside on top of the WTC during Thanksgiving 1996, and it's GONE!!! So angry at the terrorists thinking they did the right thing killing all the innocents!

Attachments

• WTC.jpg
    WTC.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 2
Back