Seperation

Coffee Crazy

Reaction score
When you are describing clothing. The order goes: object,cut,pattern,color.
When you are describing a shirt with writting on it how do you describe the shirt color with out making people think you are describing the writting color?

For example:

Shirt
short sleeve
fs-Nike
Black shirt.

Because in this example you have to fingerspell the writting and then go back to the shirt color.

The reason I have an exclamation mark is that I have homeowork that is due in a couple hours and I need to know this

I have no idea how to answer this because I'd never describe a shirt like that. I'd sign SHIRT BLACK, indicate short sleeves, and fingerspell N-I-K-E across my chest or wherever the writing was. The way you're being taught doesn't seem to make logical sense, but maybe I'm just ignorant.

I have no idea how to answer this because I'd never describe a shirt like that. I'd sign SHIRT BLACK, indicate short sleeves, and fingerspell N-I-K-E across my chest or wherever the writing was. The way you're being taught doesn't seem to make logical sense, but maybe I'm just ignorant.
Your way seems right to me. I've never heard of "The order goes: object,cut,pattern,color." The color is usually at the beginning of any descriptive sequence I've seen or done. The object (like a car or building) or clothing is usually set up with the gross features, then the details are added or layered on.

Back