Schwarzenegger: Gay Marriages Must Stop

GalaxyAngel

Reaction score
Schwarzenegger: Gay Marriages Must Stop
Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger is warning San Francisco to stop issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples in defiance of state law.

click me.. more info

I agree! It's getting ridiculous... everyone swarming in just to get a marriage license. That's like abusing their priviledges. If they legalized marijuana, I wouldn't go running out just to get my hands on some. I'd take my time and go out to buy it when it's available. If they legalized gay/lesbian marriages, I'd take my time and go when I can. I wouldn't go running out of the door and do it right away. In fact, where's the honor in doing it quickly? Want to make it worthwhile? Have a formal wedding! Or... don't get married at all. You don't need to get married just to prove that you love each other. If you and your mate have been together and loved each other for 10 years, then that's great! That's all I care about. Getting married isn't going to make any difference.

My friend and I discussed about gay marriages in SF today.

Why not Arnold read the constitution first? The constitution did not say "a man and a woman should marry." It did not say anything about gender. DUH Arnold and Dumbya!! :fu:

Oddball said:
My friend and I discussed about gay marriages in SF today.

Why not Arnold read the constitution first? The constitution did not say "a man and a woman should marry." It did not say anything about gender. DUH Arnold and Dumbya!! :fu:
yea i agree with u that Arnold is really stupid!!! oh man!!! :squint:

VamPyroX said:
If you and your mate have been together and loved each other for 10 years, then that's great! That's all I care about. Getting married isn't going to make any difference.

Wrong!

It make a HUGE difference, you get to enjoy all of the legal and social benefits simply because you are married.

If your lover dies, and you are not married, you are screwed big time.

I do not undy why permit allowed gay marriage...
Now what changed Arnold wants stop.. I thought it's already permit..
What make he change ?

Banjo said:
Wrong!

It make a HUGE difference, you get to enjoy all of the legal and social benefits simply because you are married.

If your lover dies, and you are not married, you are screwed big time.
You don't need to be married to have a bank account under two names. I've seen gay couples with both names on one check... and they weren't even married!

Mawwiage

Marriage gives far more benefits than simple bank accounts.

This guy echoes many of my thoughts on Marriage itself.

http://christianity.about.com/cs/sexualityissues/a/gaymarriage.htm

Marriage also has many benefits that come with it that gays are not allowed access to.

There are too many to list here but here is a quote,

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That seemingly insignificant $28 scrap of paper provides straight couples with 1,049 federal rights and benefits, including tax protections, automatic rights to inheritance, rights to family medical leave, legal protections for children, hospital visitation rights and access to partner health-care benefits, not to mention hundred of additional state rights.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source; http://www.marriageequality.org/mediacenter.php?page=me_in_news

Almost all of those benefits denied to gay citizens of the US are listed here;
http://www.gao.gov/archive/1997/og97016.pdf

While not ALL of those benefits are "good things" in my view, a great many are and they convey great weight to any person who loves another.

In any case, it is my hope to be married in Canada. I love Vancouver dearly and maybe someday may even live there.

Peace.

Bullym0m said:
I do not undy why permit allowed gay marriage...
Now what changed Arnold wants stop.. I thought it's already permit..
What make he change ?
HONEST i dont have no idea abt that... i dont uddy why he changed and stop for that... not make sense.. he cant stop whoever gays wanna marry.. really, all the people are same not different person, they are in love, wanna be marry, that will be fine!!! i think Arnold dont uddy what gays are!! not sure.. but i admit u that make me real mad at arnold abt that.. jeez! :fu2: at arnold!

dhw5320, now that is the information people need to read.

Thanks for providing us the useful materials.

Vamprox,

Many banks will NOT allow unmarried couples to open up accounts together. It's more complicated than you'll like to think.

Plus, it's not just the bank accounts that the couples want, it's the BENEFITS that come with marriages.

Banjo said:
dhw5320, now that is the information people need to read.

Thanks for providing us the useful materials.

Vamprox,

Many banks will NOT allow unmarried couples to open up accounts together. It's more complicated than you'll like to think.

Plus, it's not just the bank accounts that the couples want, it's the BENEFITS that come with marriages.
I understand your point. However, I'm satisfied with what benefits I get without getting married. Don't you think it would be a lot easier to fight for other rights related to benefits from marriage than to fight for the right for gays/lesbians to marry? What upsets me these days is the fact that people are not abusing their rights instead of following the right ethical issues. He got a job and I didn't? So what, I'm not going to go chasing after that company for not hiring me cuz I'm deaf. I'll just move on and find a different job. They get married and I can't? So what, at least I'm with the person I love... that's all that matters. Additional rights? So what, I'm satisfied with what I have.

VamPyroX said:
They get married and I can't? So what, at least I'm with the person I love... that's all that matters. Additional rights? So what, I'm satisfied with what I have.

You may accept that, but the others won't.

If you were in the hospital and you had no family, and only have a lover but if you are unmarried. That person can not make any decisions for you because it's not allowed.

You may as well have to risk your life simply because you didn't want to get married.

If they fight for just the benefits, it'll never happen. Why?

Because it can be compared to a false insurance claim and will cost you a lot more in life insurance if that ever happen.

I will not ever settle for being second class.

I hold myself as high as any other and I will only accept equal status.

to accept lesser than others is to accept being lesser than others.

VamPyroX said:
I understand your point. However, I'm satisfied with what benefits I get without getting married. Don't you think it would be a lot easier to fight for other rights related to benefits from marriage than to fight for the right for gays/lesbians to marry? What upsets me these days is the fact that people are not abusing their rights instead of following the right ethical issues. He got a job and I didn't? So what, I'm not going to go chasing after that company for not hiring me cuz I'm deaf. I'll just move on and find a different job. They get married and I can't? So what, at least I'm with the person I love... that's all that matters. Additional rights? So what, I'm satisfied with what I have.

Sure, but I still think such an option should be available anyway to those capable of making their own decisions.

Are you using your personal desires of not getting married as a reason to not grant others full marriage rights?

The Benefits of Marriage

• Total Acceptance
  • Commitment
  • Financial
  • Sexual
  • Procreation
  • Partnership
  • Emotional
  • Co-Habitation

Many of these what has been listed are things that are basically indisputably crucial to human survival.

Many people has asked, why should these things listed only be available to heterosexuals?

Because it is traditional, but it's time to break the tradition because it cause too much problems for many of these people.

Now, to say that homosexuals should be denied of their rights to marry is simply inhumane.

Basically, that's saying it is wrong to deny their rights.

I believe it is a HUGE mistake for Bush to attempt to pass a constitutional amendment banning the gay marriages. You can expect a lot of problems to pop up in the society if that happens.

We're all human beings.

dhw5320 said:
I will not ever settle for being second class.

I hold myself as high as any other and I will only accept equal status.

to accept lesser than others is to accept being lesser than others.

:werd: baby bro -- i totally agree!!!! and :wave: nice to see u post in here again LOL :D

Hmm I never thought my favorite actor of all time would try to put a stop to that...maybe same sex marriage just got out of hand for sometime and maybe they just want to slow it down until the government will see who (same sex) is getting married, when, where and etc...perhas same sex marriage is put in more control than opposite sex marriage but I dunno...that's just my opinon anyway

The bottom line when a person dies... the government does not care if you have been with a person for over 10 years or whatever... they will try to screw you out of your entitled money... getting married is a way to prove on the papers that you have been with the person for years....how is the government supposed to know if you've been with a person or not... bank account means jack shit to the government.. anyone can get a joint account for various reasons like business arrangements...

and another thing.. insurance will do anything to screw you out of your money.. having your marriage on paper is a way to ensure your future. People have to think twice about the consquences

VamPyroX said:

You might be satisfied with your lot in life....but the point is, EQUALITY. If you don't have EQUALITY you have nothing. FREEDOM OF CHOICE? the biggest lie foisted on us..we don't have that...I myself don't wanna get married, it's a fancy name fors lavery..but others see it differently and they should be allowed the choice.

Back