School District Drops the Appeal for CART

jackiesolorzano

Reaction score
I wanted to let you know the school district dropped their appeal in my daughter's case, My daughter will know have CART for the rest of her high school education. Everything was signed and finalized a week ago.

As some of you might there was a lot of publicity regarding my daughter's case. We filed for due process a year ago. We had our due process hearings last March. We received our verdict in May. The school district appealed in June and refused to provide CART while the appeal was going through. Our attorney was able to show the district a case where they had to provide what the first judge while the case was in the appeal level. At the first federal hearing, the federal judge asked the school district why they were appealing. The school district said they thought it was an unfair verdict. The federal judge ordered us to mediate in October and told the school district that they better have a better reason then unfair if they thought he was going to overturn another judge's order. In early October our attorney remained the school district that we needed to mediate by the end of the month. The school district said that they did not want to mediate since we were not to going to be agreeing with anything. Our attorney said that we did not agree to not mediate and that he will tell the federal judge that we wanted to mediate and they did not. Less then 24 hours later the school district said that they were dropping the appeal.

So what happens next? And was this in Riverside, CA?

Wow I am happy for you. I wish they invite CART cheaper and save taxpayers' $$$$

Someone asked what happens next. We are now in the middle of my son's due process hearing for CART. We have one more court hearing date.

Oh, I see; so you work in Rialto which is near Riverside and commute home to Los Angeles county somewhere where the suit was filed?

Where I work is kind of far from Riverside about 30 minutes north. I live about 30 minutes east of Rialto. We live in Glendora.

Thank you we are very happy. We are able to use our daughter's verdict on a limited basis in my son's due process case.

way to go!! Chalk one up for the little guys...Does this set a precident for future cases?

Back