Scammer on this forum?

RedFox

Reaction score
Last night, I was contacted by someone who said they just joined Alldeaf.

Profile is here

That user is already banned so I guess they tried to scam other people. The red flags were:

first saying they were male and then changing to female once they saw that I was male

giving me an age and a location close to mine

mistyping my name as a female version of it

lots of misspelling, including wrong vowels and saying it was just them being a newbie on computers

saying that Gallaudet is in California

saying that they had a father who died in a plane crash and that there's a lawyer going over to Nigeria to meet the government there to get his $8.7 million

trying to make me promise not to cheat on or take advantage of them by trying to make me feel sorry about their claims of a bad ex and telling me not to hurt them and telling me they didn't want to hurt me

saying that I was the first one to reply to them and jumped into wanting a long term long distance relationship

telling me to not talk with other girls, to focus on them and to quit Alldeaf
claiming to be from Brushton, NY and that it's close to Buchanan, NY, when they're really 350 miles apart with the former being in far upstate and the latter being far downstate

not knowing about Lake George, the Hudson or the Adirondacks despite those three well known places being in between Brushton and Buchanan, so they could've been looking up places in NY by looking at a list and picking places near the top

claiming to not know about those places because she's a shut in who doesn't go out much, but who could miss the 6.1 million acres of the Adirondacks if they lived in between it and Canada?

telling me to tell all of you how wonderful it was that they finally got someone for a relationship

sending pictures of a hot woman who doesn't look like she's from Nigeria and taking a long time to send it, enough time to find a fake hot picture

saying that Alldeaf should just be a dating website and that their profile would be deleted now that they've found me

having a warning level on aim of 3, which later dropped to 1

refusing a direct connection on aim so I couldn't find their IP address with netstat

having an aim sn dm5010 that is a digital multimeter, so you won't find anything in Google about them being scammers, much like the other scammer, mp4net, using a sn like that to bury stuff about them being scammers in Google

not answering my question about having a videophone, of course, they won't want to show that they're actually in Nigeria and that they don't look like the hot woman in the pictures they sent

So let's add the aim sn dm5010 and the yahoo sn debra_debi2000 to the scammer list. At least they're banned so they won't post stupid things here claiming that I hurt them by telling you about all of those red flags.

They claimed to have found this place through a friend. I'm watching another profile that was created on the same day as the scammer's and is the only one besides me who visited the scammer's profile, as of now, in case that is the fake friend, who could try to defend the scammer or be another scammer.

I found a website about Nigerian scams. It even has a page on how Nigerian scammers scam people in Nigeria. :eek:

http://www.nigerianscambuster.com/

Last edited:
I have had 3 people brand new 0 posts ask me to add them and crap to yahoo yesterday and they are looking for a relationship and what not...I think to join AD there should be more security like maybe before you can become a member someone should have to fill out why they want to be a member or something..i dunno but 3 rando ppl in one day is alot...or was it lke a national scammer day yesterday maybe? lol

Keep reporting 'em to Alex and the Mod team. I did - I received a Nigerian-type scam earlier this morning.

I have had 3 people brand new 0 posts ask me to add them and crap to yahoo yesterday and they are looking for a relationship and what not...I think to join AD there should be more security like maybe before you can become a member someone should have to fill out why they want to be a member or something..i dunno but 3 rando ppl in one day is alot...or was it lke a national scammer day yesterday maybe? lol

Haha.

Actually, We get a lot of reports related to scams/spammers on a daily basis. Some of the time we would get as little as 2 and as much as 10 or so. It comes and goes. So, of course the first step for us mods to do is to ban these scammers/spammers.

Just remember this, The more popular AD becomes, the more it attracts scammers and spammers. That's something we all need to be aware of.

That is what the mod report for because us mods cannot look at hundreds of member's profile page to find these scammers/spammers. If we were to look at every one's profile page with these visitor's message on a daily basis, it would be time consuming as well. :)

Haha.

Actually, We get a lot of reports related to scams/spammers on a daily basis. Some of the time we would get as little as 2 and as much as 10 or so. It comes and goes. So, of course the first step for us mods to do is to ban these scammers/spammers.

Just remember this, The more popular AD becomes, the more it attracts scammers and spammers. That's something we all need to be aware of.

That is what the mod report for because us mods cannot look at hundreds of member's profile page to find these scammers/spammers. If we were to look at every one's profile page with these visitor's message on a daily basis, it would be time consuming as well. :)
but we are not able to report from within PM message :) mostly from post or visitor message. there's no report button in each PM message.

but we are not able to report from within PM message :) mostly from post or visitor message. there's no report button in each PM message.

Yes, I'm aware of that.

If there's any scams or spams that comes through PM, Forward it to Alex and the Mod team.

The PM scam/spam issue has been greatly reduced lately because every new members does not have a PM feature until they get to 50 posts. So that's another reason why it has helped.

I have caught a scammer in my profile page yesterday and I sent an PM to Alex and the scammer was removed prompty. ;)

I'm sick of jackasses posting long-winded posts about where they're from, what they're looking for, etc. AD is *NOT* a dating website! I flag anything like that and I'd like the option to disable profile comments in the future.

My VM is disabled unfortunately.

And BradB08 - You can limit the profile comment to your friends list or disable it completely by disabling in the edit options via the user Control Panel

Anytime someone mentions Nigeria or West Africa they are a scammer. I'm surprised the scammers don't say they are from Switzerland or something, because nobody would suspect that. Nigeria and West Africa are totally associated with scammers now.

Anytime someone mentions Nigeria or West Africa they are a scammer. I'm surprised the scammers don't say they are from Switzerland or something, because nobody would suspect that. Nigeria and West Africa are totally associated with scammers now.

Yeah, By now everyone knows about the scams.

It's interesting because over the years being online, I've encountered with tons of different types of scams. It's amazing how they will get so creative and to try to scam people. :roll:

even tough we can reverse scam them, making them think they got scammed. :laugh2: I did it once and it worked.

I disabled access to my profile messages so if anyone wants to contact me, it's PM only.

Done to prevent scammers from trashing my visitor messages.

Lol, scammer who joins AD will post in the Relationships category, that's the first place they will post. ;) AD is indeed not a dating website like Bran say.

Back