Sarah Palin signing ILY - cool

Hehe. Obama did have terps WAY back in March 2007 when I attended a rally of his. I wouldn't say that doing ILY sign in general is bad if you don't know ASL. But come on...

It's Sarah Palin. And who the hell is she saying ILY to?! Think about it, if she verbally yelled out "I LOVE YOU!!!", aren't you gonna be like wtf? It seems to be a concert thing to me: "I LOVE YOU, NASHVILLE!" or "I LOVE YOU, NICK JONAS!"

Maybe she is saying "I love you" to McCain! LOL!

Maybe I shouldn't be speaking for BB but I kinda think she meant any of the political threads where the McCain ticket supporters were castigated at every quarter without let-up. Any time one is in a situation with 9-1 or 8-2 odds, it takes it's toll right fast! And y'all ended up talking amongst yourselves, more or less.....

If someone feels hurt or slighted because others are attacking their candidate, perhaps they ought to develop a thicker skin or stay out of the kitchen. When discussiing politics, there is no way around people disagreeing with each other. That just comes with the territory.

Maybe I shouldn't be speaking for BB but I kinda think she meant any of the political threads where the McCain ticket supporters were castigated at every quarter without let-up. Any time one is in a situation with 9-1 or 8-2 odds, it takes it's toll right fast! And y'all ended up talking amongst yourselves, more or less.....

Tousi. Thank you!

As I was trying to say if this thread was about Obama. The same people that had something negative to say would be cheering him on!!

Only because it is the one they will vote for.
(if they haven't already)

If someone feels hurt or slighted because others are attacking their candidate, perhaps they ought to develop a thicker skin or stay out of the kitchen. When discussiing politics, there is no way around people disagreeing with each other. That just comes with the territory.

I didn't say, "hurt", you did. I said 8-2 odds and being overwhelmed with lies, half-truths, etc. In just about any other kind of thread, peoples heads would roll but it was allowed to go on and on because the mass rules.

Yeah, I have noticed that, Babyblue. This is why I don't bother participating in such threads. :)

Hurt?

Oh please.

I surely hope you think I am not one of them.

Perhaps you are being a little too defensive.

Can I express my opinion?

Hurt?

Oh please.

I surely hope you think I am not one of them.

Perhaps you are being a little too defensive.

Can I express my opinion?

Nope, I'm not being defensive.

As for expressing one's opinion, that's my entire point. If you can't accept other people expressing theirs just because they disagree with you, perhaps you ought not to participate in political threads.

I'm an Obama supporter and I've read posts from Republican/conservative ADers who constantly bring up William Ayers, claim that Obama will raise taxes on those who make $42,000/year and insist Obama is a terrorist and/or has terrorist affiliations just because his middle name is Hussein ad nauseum, so it's not just AD McCain supporters who feel the way you do.

And yes, you can express your opinion. Who said otherwise?

As for expressing one's opinion, that's my entire point. If you can't accept other people expressing theirs just because they disagree with you, perhaps you ought not to participate in political threads.

I'm an Obama supporter and I've read posts from Republican/conservative ADers who constantly bring up William Ayers, claim that Obama will raise taxes on those who make $42,000/year and insist Obama is a terrorist and/or has terrorist affiliations just because his middle name is Hussein ad nauseum, so it's not just AD McCain supporters who feel the way you do.

A lot of good that did.....your'e not even listening. Not coming back to this unless we get back on topic.

Oh?

A rebuttal.

I'm doing the same thing you are doing.

And that is Ok.

Because we are all entitled to our opinions.

:)

A lot of good that did.....your'e not even listening. Not coming back to this unless we get back on topic.

Tousi,

Not listening to what? Babyblue's opinion? Just because I disagree with her doesn't mean I'm not listening. :roll:

That's cool! That's nice of her! Where is Obama's sign ILY?? :hmm:

yes!
obamasign77.jpg

Allright guys, Let's cool it down for a little bit.

I think it's great that Palin did a noble gesture by using ILY sign. Obama has also used that gesture as well. It doesn't make anything different.

I may not be for Palin but in a good gesture, this is something that can be taken in light.

Glad to know that you finally understand where (we) are coming from.*
2C I'm speaking for ya too hope ya don't mind*
Just because one speaks against your view doesn't mean they need to stay out of the kitchen or their feelings are hurt they are just simply speaking their mind.

Glad you understand. :)

Sarah was in Henderson, Nevada (10/21/2008).

Personally, I find this and her offensive. They are trying to paint her as someone who is sensitive to the deaf and other people with disabilities. Since when has the Republican party ever REALLY helped anyone; much less the deaf or other people with disabilities?
:roll:

Allright guys, Let's cool it down for a little bit.

I think it's great that Palin did a noble gesture by using ILY sign. Obama has also used that gesture as well. It doesn't make anything different.

I may not be for Palin but in a good gesture, this is something that can be taken in light.

I agree both parties have done it. We should be proud. Even though we may know that both have done it to gain Votes.

At least they took a moment to acknowledge the ILY sign.

Just because the opposing party did it.

Well ya know....

Someone always have something to say.

Back