Sarah Palin signing ILY - cool

Palin did have interpreters available in Lake County in central Florida couple of weeks ago. There were even special section where the deaf could get to see the interpreters and even Palin close up.

Hey! All you guys that posted here about Palin. Why dont we ask the Alaska Deaf Association feeling toward Palin as a governor there? Anyone here on this alldeaf.com from there?

Palin did have interpreters available in Lake County in central Florida couple of weeks ago. There were even special section where the deaf could get to see the interpreters and even Palin close up.

I think it's great that Palin is trying to reach out to d/Deaf and HoH voters in this way.

Also, for everyone's information, Obama rallies also have terps -- 4 to be exact.

I think it's great that Palin is trying to reach out to d/Deaf and HoH voters in this way.

Also, for everyone's information, Obama rallies also have terps -- 4 to be exact.

Not sure about the 4 terps as if they are part of his entourage. I think what happens is....the locales on the itinerary provide the interpreters ....or not....or can't for a variety of reasons.

I think it is cool that Palin did this!

I agree with Tousi. If this was not Palin doing this people would not be turning it into something ugly.

Not sure about the 4 terps as if they are part of his entourage. I think what happens is....the locales on the itinerary provide the interpreters ....or not....or can't for a variety of reasons.

Tousi,

I know two people who attended Obama rallies (one out of state and the other in Milwaukee, Wisconsin). According to them, there were 4 terps there.

All 4 terps could have been part of Obama's campaign staff -- I don't know. :dunno:

I thought you didn't know what it meant! Funny to see you use that "ily smiley"

:giggle:

So what does ily means to you?

i still haven't the foggiest idea what ILY is!! but the emotion looks cool. thought it's time for a change with my infamous sunglasses. :ily:

Babyblue,

I don't think Daredevel7 is making this into an ugly issue. All she's doing is stating her opinion.

Maybe I shouldn't be speaking for BB but I kinda think she meant any of the political threads where the McCain ticket supporters were castigated at every quarter without let-up. Any time one is in a situation with 9-1 or 8-2 odds, it takes it's toll right fast! And y'all ended up talking amongst yourselves, more or less.....

Well, he had 4 terps at the rally I attended. That way the deaf members of the audience were actually able to understand everything he had to say rather than to be patronized by a publicity stunt of a woman using one sign she was taught just before using it.

My question would be not why Obama didn't sign ILY, but where were Palin's terps?

Babyblue,

Again, Jillio was just stating her opinion. Just because you disagree with the views of Daredevel7 and Jillio doesn't mean either of them are turning this into something ugly.

Well, he had 4 terps at the rally I attended. That way the deaf members of the audience were actually able to understand everything he had to say rather than to be patronized by a publicity stunt of a woman using one sign she was taught just before using it.

My question would be not why Obama didn't sign ILY, but where were Palin's terps?

:bowlol: Good comeback!

Back