Sad day in Israel :(

Reba said:
I have been watching live TV news all morning. The scenes in Israel are heart breaking. It is awful to see Israeli soldiers forcing fellow Israelis out of their homes and synagogues. Both sides are very upset. :(
When the president of the country, who invaded that area to settle it back in the 60's, says that they are wrong and orders all Israelis out, I feel that the right thing is being done to order them out. I feel bad that the people are losing their homes, but it's what needs to be done.

prostock19 said:
When the president of the country, who invaded that area to settle it back in the 60's, says that they are wrong and orders all Israelis out, I feel that the right thing is being done to order them out. I feel bad that the people are losing their homes, but it's what needs to be done.
As Tostitos posted:
...From 1948 until 1967 Egypt controlled the Gaza Strip and Jordan controlled the “so-called” West Bank, Samaria and Judea.
Not Palestinian control.

But after the 1967 6-day war that changed as well, and Israel was in control of their beloved mountains “Judea & Samaria” and more important their beloved Jerusalem.
Egypt attacked Israel. Israel won the war. Israel gets the land. No Palestinians.

... at no time did the “Palestinians” have control of anything much less this land. It is also interesting to note that during the time span of 48 –67 when Egypt and Jordan were in control there was never any talk of a Palestinian State.
Fellow Muslims, Egypt and Jordan, didn't want a "Palestinian" country, so why should Israel give them one?

...Palestinians cannot have their State back, because they have never had one. This is another Islamic lie, and part of their desire to control or kill Jacob [Jews]. So when you hear the PA say the Jews are on Palestinian land, it is another of his lies. But what is so amazing is no one is questioning his right to say it.

prostock19 said:
What the heck is that???

Please accept my apology. I should have not assumed everyone knows what gog/magog is. :doh:

Back in old days when Bible was being written, the name for countries were different than what it is today. Magog today is roughly southern Russia and part of China. Gog is the leader of people of Magog.

You can read more information related to Gog/Magog on harpazo.net (one of my favorite sites!)
http://www.harpazo.net/magog.html

The Bible said so. Exactly, God gave Jews the land in Isarel. That's why, the Palestines are furious at Jews people for the centuries.

"The Squatters" tract in www.chick.com about the Palestines and Jews history in the Bible. Reba and Tositos, let me know about this.

Those are good posting though. ;) Indeed, it's sad... :-(

Tostitos said:
Please accept my apology. I should have not assumed everyone knows what gog/magog is. :doh:

Back in old days when Bible was being written, the name for countries were different than what it is today. Magog today is roughly southern Russia and part of China. Gog is the leader of people of Magog.

You can read more information related to Gog/Magog on harpazo.net (one of my favorite sites!)
http://www.harpazo.net/magog.html
I don't read stuff from any religious book. Each religion has their own beliefs and I just don't believe any of them. I don't believe any are wrong, cuz that is what they want to believe in. But, I don't care for religious people who think only what they believe is right and everyone else is wrong.

Safari said:
The Bible said so. Exactly, God gave Jews the land in Isarel. That's why, the Palestines are furious at Jews people for the centuries.

"The Squatters" tract in www.chick.com about the Palestines and Jews history in the Bible. Reba and Tositos, let me know about this.

Actually, God ordered Moses to lead his jew people out of Egypt to the new land called Isarel...

Safari said:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1019/1019_01.asp (direct link to "The Squatters")

Thanks Safari, this tract explain the history of Israel very well. I often use Chick's tracts becuase they are very blunt and truthful. :thumb:

Prostock19 said:
I don't read stuff from any religious book. Each religion has their own beliefs and I just don't believe any of them. I don't believe any are wrong, cuz that is what they want to believe in. But, I don't care for religious people who think only what they believe is right and everyone else is wrong.

Thank you for showing respect by allowing people to believe in whatever they want. I wish people would be more like that in the middle east. Anyway, I thought I'd share with you that the word, "religion," is often used negatively in the Bible. Why? Because God never intended to establish one. Religion is a man-made organization and they often displease God. So I am with you, I don't read any religious books!

I only read God's word, which is the Bible, that's it! I don't pray to wall, pray to statue of virgin mary, burn inscents, chant non-stop. Those things are religious! Even bowing and praying to wooden sculpture of Jesus is a NO NO!

But if you look at God's word as religious thing, nothing is stopping you.

mld4ds said:
Give me a break. Would either of them interested to be sandwiched by the Muslim nations? Who told you? RavenSteve1961?

No one told me. I read the bible TWICE. God told me so ! :)

I believe that God granted the land as an inheritance to Israel ( Josh. 1:15; Num. 36:2-4 ).

Josh. 1:15 -- "Until the LORD have given your brethren rest, as he hath given you, and they also have possessed the land which the LORD your God giveth them: then ye shall return unto the land of your possession, and enjoy it, which Moses the LORD'S servant gave you on this side Jordan toward the sunrising."

Numbers 36:2 thru 4 -- "And they said, The LORD commanded my lord to give the land for an inheritance by lot to the children of Israel: and my lord was commanded by the LORD to give the inheritance of Zelophehad our brother unto his daughters.
And if they be married to any of the sons of the other tribes of the children of Israel, then shall their inheritance be taken from the inheritance of our fathers, and shall be put to the inheritance of the tribe whereunto they are received: so shall it be taken from the lot of our inheritance.
And when the jubile of the children of Israel shall be, then shall their inheritance be put unto the inheritance of the tribe whereunto they are received: so shall their inheritance be taken away from the inheritance of the tribe of our fathers."

Tostitos said:
I only read God's word, which is the Bible, that's it! I don't pray to wall, pray to statue of virgin mary, burn inscents, chant non-stop. Those things are religious! Even bowing and praying to wooden sculpture of Jesus is a NO NO!

Amen! Same here.

Thank goodness Gray Davis didnt sign off California back to Mexico. When he was in office, it looked a lot like he was going to do it.

Richard

Its pretty naive to think of Israel as the nation mentioned in the Bible. The current sovereign state of Israel is a 57 year old nation that was started 1948 as a haven for displaced Jews after the holocaust. Land that Britain happened to control at the time. Because they decided to name it Israel does not make it the same entity that is referred to in the bible. That would be like if Iraq named the area that used to be Babylon and start referring to it as the same city named in the Bible. Its frustrating when I see so many fundamentalist with bumper stickers of "I support Israel," actually thinking this is God's chosen nation, that was formed just over 50 years ago.

cental34 said:
... Because they decided to name it Israel does not make it the same entity that is referred to in the bible. ..
True. The land that God promised the Jews is actually larger than the present day borders of Israel. Someday they will reclaim the entire promised land.

Zephaniah 2:4 has been fulfilled. Pay attention to Zephaniah 2:7.

From the book of Zephaniah in the Bible...

4 Gaza will be abandoned
and Ashkelon left in ruins.
At midday Ashdod will be emptied
and Ekron uprooted.

(The above is what is happening right now)

5 Woe to you who live by the sea,
O Kerethite people;
the word of the LORD is against you,
O Canaan, land of the Philistines.
"I will destroy you,
and none will be left."

6 The land by the sea, where the Kerethites [a] dwell,
will be a place for shepherds and sheep pens.

7 It will belong to the remnant of the house of Judah;
there they will find pasture.
In the evening they will lie down
in the houses of Ashkelon.
The LORD their God will care for them;
he will restore their fortunes.

cental34 said:
What book is this referred to in? Revelations? Can you cite verses please?
18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates: 19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites, 20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims, 21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.
Genesis 15:18-21

also:

7 And I [God] will establish my covenant between me and thee [Abraham] and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. 8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
Genesis 17:7-8

This is the land from the Sinai Desert north and east to the Euphrates River. It includes modern Israel, Lebanon, and the West Bank of Jordan, and large parts of Syria, Iraq, and Saudi Arabia.

The promise was repeated to Joshua:

1 Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying, 2 Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel. 3 Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses. 4 From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.
Joshua 1:1-4

I will try to find a picture of the map to download; that might be easier to visualize.

To clarify, my post above is to show a prophecy being fulfilled. Not a response to Cental34's post. Thanks! :ty:

Btw, good verses Reba!

Tostitos said:
To clarify, my post above is to show a prophecy being fulfilled. Not a response to Cental34's post. Thanks! :ty:
I know; sometimes it gets confusing with postings back and forth. :dizzy:

Back