Rutgers freshman kills self after classmates use hidden camera to watch his sexual ac

a felony for that? no. not good idea.

he didn't record it. he broadcasted it.

What difference does it make? I do believe that no one has the right to broadcast private sexual videos (without consent for public use) and an attempt to do so should be charged a felony.

How would you feel if someone videotaped you having sex and air it on Facebook?

I hope it will teach these stupid kids lessons about invading people's privacy in such a public manner. These two people will be labeled as felony offenders if found guilty. I am sure their lives are gonna be much much harder in the future and they asked for it.

What does current law say about this? If it was up to me, it'd be a felony.

it's already stated in articles many times. They have been charged with 2 counts of "Invasion of Privacy".
Under New Jersey privacy invasion laws, reproducing images of another person – through photos, videos, film or other means – without their knowledge under circumstances in which a reasonable person would know that another may expose intimate parts or engage in sexual contact is a third-degree offense, carrying a penalty of up to three to five years of imprisonment, a fine of up to $15,000, or both. The act of distributing those images is also a third-degree offense, carrying the same penalty..

It was reported that -
Senator Shirley K. Turner’s (D-Mercer) legislation would upgrade both to second-degree offenses – which is punishable by a term of imprisonment of up to five to 10 years, a fine of up to $150,000, or both.

I don't understand Turner's logic. Knee-jerk legislation makes me laugh.

I hope it will teach these stupid kids lessons about invading people's privacy in such a public manner. These two people will be labeled as felony offenders if found guilty. I am sure their lives are gonna be much much harder in the future and they asked for it.

While they made a really bad judgment.... does it warrant a felony charge? IMO - no. I'm sure they were deeply shocked and permanently marred by this death. By making this a felony... that would means thousand of naive kids would be charged as a felon for sexting or related. Must we go this far by making this country as stringent & merciless as we can like Saudi Arabia or Singapore?

However - their action caused him to commit suicide. Now that's a different story. In this case - it's up to DA to charge them with perhaps... criminal homicide? reckless endangerment? Knowing how NJ/NY is... they may cook up something far-fetched if they really want to. If not - well there's civil lawsuit that his parents can sue for "Wrongful Death". The parents may sue the university too like what parents did to Virginia Tech.

Choice of method, yes. Men will choose to use more lethal means. A gun is number one. Women will choose lesser means. Some of it is availability of the means, but research has shown that women also are more concerned about the mess they would leave behind for their family to clean up than men are.

Why are you gender biased?

***Warning Graphic Content***

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vPnMbLr5nc[/ame]

I hope the two pranksters are severely punished for what they did - there are pranks, then there are acts of cruelty.

edit: If Carrie Prejean committed suicide would there have been ........

oh, never mind

Why are you gender biased?

you should know that it's based on statistic. do you have anything that dispute her statement otherwise?

She had a history of mental illness. There were suicide notes and audio tapes. The message was like this - "I'm sorry to do this in your place of business, but I had to save my son. God made me a queen and I failed. I'm a fallen angel. He turned me into the anti-Christ." and "I'm so sorry. I had to send my son to heaven and myself to Hell." and

Moore said she could have killed only herself but felt she had to "save" her son and do it in a public way so the world could also be saved. "Hopefully when I die, there will 1,000 years of peace."

you should know that it's based on statistic. do you have anything that dispute her statement otherwise?

She had a history of mental illness. There were suicide notes and audio tapes. The message was like this - "I'm sorry to do this in your place of business, but I had to save my son. God made me a queen and I failed. I'm a fallen angel. He turned me into the anti-Christ." and "I'm so sorry. I had to send my son to heaven and myself to Hell." and

Did you forget your sense of humor pill??

oh I'm sorry. Forgive me if I forgot my sense of humor when it comes to suicide.

Same here. It says a lot about your character and about your chances of making such sick films.

only if you press the abdominal.

Not really. I have a niece who is a RN and most folks she has dealt with in Nursing Homes discharge sewage almost immediately after death. They get the Nurse's Aids to do the nasty part of the job of cleaning up after them.

Yiz

Back