Ruler War

I don't mind Byrdie. I keep telling everyone I am not short! I am pretty sure I have convinced some already.:)

You are not short, Bott, and neither am I. We are vertically challenged.:giggle:

Last edited:
ooohh, mine are short and WIDE. I wear 6 now but I know I can wear 5 if I can find size 5F like I did back in college. I loved those shoes. I never thought of shopping in kid's department. Time for me to buy new gym shoes and I don't look forward to store-hopping.

I absolutely hate shoe shopping! It is so frustrating!

Guinness World Records - Human Body - Extreme Bodies - Tallest Man

He is Guinness holder for the world record.

Tallest Man

WHO:
Robert Pershing Wadlow
WHAT:
2.72 m (8 ft 11 in)
WHERE:
Alton, Illinois, USA
WHEN:
Last measured on July 15, 1940

The tallest man in medical history for whom there is irrefutable evidence is Robert Pershing Wadlow. He was born at Alton, Illinois, USA, on February 22, 1918, and when he was last measured on June 27, 1940, was found to be 2.72 m (8 ft 11.1 in) tall.

Wadlow died at 1:30 a.m. on July 15, 1940, in a hotel in Manistee, Michigan, as a result of a septic blister on his right ankle caused by a brace, which had been poorly fitted only a week earlier. He was buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Alton, in a coffin measuring 3.28 m (10 ft 9 in) long, 81 cm (32 in) wide and 76 cm (30 in) deep.

Wadlow's greatest recorded weight was 222.71 kg (35 st 1 lb) on his 21st birthday and he weighed 199 kg (31 st 5 lb) at the time of his death. His shoe size was 37AA (47 cm, 18½ in long) and his hands measured 32.4 cm (12¾ in) from the wrist to the tip of the middle finger. He wore a size 25 ring. His arm span was 2.88 m (9 ft 5¾ in) and his peak daily food consumption was 8000 calories.

At the age of nine, he was able to carry his father Harold F. Wadlow, later Mayor of Alton, who stood 1.8 m (5 ft 11 in) and weighed 77 kg (170 lb), up the stairs of the family home.

Speaking of this man's shoe size, I think that's when the Coleman company was founded. :lol:

I am 5'11. Not too tall or too small. Just right :)

If you lived in my house, you'd hit your head on the door jam at the bottom of my stairs several times a day. I'm 5'11". My mom manages the property here, and she's extremely short. I think the finds it amusing to see me and my dad hit our heads on everything and break our backs to bend low mowing under the tree branches that she can stand under without any trouble.

I am at that height where i can wear my clothes that can purchase from Young Men's, not senior citizen or 30+.

Try to figure it out:

shoes sz: 9
pants sz: 34x30
shirt: L
Fitted hat sz: 7
my wingspan of arms: taller than my height [shocked].

*measures myself*

from toe to my head...

Seventy...

seven inches ;)

Back