Role models

Frisky Feline

Reaction score
Do you think it's okay for teachers to do as they please in their offtime as long as they are legals. Or should they always behave in an appriopate ways?

would you be okay if your childs teachers 's night job was a stripper? gambler? The reputitable of whores?

What the Teacher does in her own time is none of My Business But, I do not want the teacher telling the Children what she does on her own time.

Cheri said:
What the Teacher does in her own time is none of My Business But, I do not want the teacher telling the Children what she does on her own time.

I totally agree with you. As long as they are in good hands in the daytime. Then that's fine with me. :)

Well, first of all... if the teacher was a stripper or hooker, how would the kid know since the kid can't do those things yet. Those teachers gotta make a living somehow! ;)

VamPyroX said:
Well, first of all... if the teacher was a stripper or hooker, how would the kid know since the kid can't do those things yet. Those teachers gotta make a living somehow! ;)

VERY TRUE BUT SOMETIMES KIDS WOULD FIND OUT FROM THEIR OLDER BROTHERS or uncles or whoever WHO TOLD THEM THAT THEY SAW THEIR TEACHERS AT THE STRIP CLUBS OR SO..
(oops, did not mean to type the full caption letters, my bad habits)

If it has happens, then i will do my best to explain it to mykid that their personal lives are none of our businesses. Of course, I will make sure to ask my kids if my kids feel comfortable with teachers. ALso i will inform my kids teacers to let them know that i know and it s no problem for me. :D

Right,, I wouldn't want my kid coming up to me and say " Mom, My teacher is a hooker!" Like I said it is safer if the Kids do not know about what the Teachers does on her own time when she isn't teaching.

It's Good that the Teacher wants to make Extra Money... But, It's not good for Children to know about stuff like that Cuz they would ask questions and Might think bad about their Teachers.

Yes, as long they do it outside the classroom meaning their time not during school, beside, If my child finds out then I will be switching teachers! :thumb:

Frisky Feline said:
Do you think it's okay for teachers to do as they please in their offtime as long as they are legals. Or should they always behave in an appriopate ways?

would you be okay if your childs teachers 's night job was a stripper? gambler? The reputitable of whores?

Would it be ok if your deaf child's teacher is a scammer or a ripoff artist like the guy who owned a website that sold cards with J88 code on it?

It would deafinately not be appropriate for a teacher especially one who teaches at California School for the Deaf Riverside and sold J88 cards on the side.

Http://www.deafadvocacy.com/wai/skmm.htm

Richard Roehm

Call me old fashioned, but I am not comfortable with the idea of having a teacher who works as a stripper on the side for my kids. What if one of my kids happen to look up to that teacher and discover later on that he or she works as a stripper? My kid probably think there is nothing wrong in working as a stripper and may consider it as a job. It is not something I want for my kid to learn. There goes my values I am hoping to teach.

Although I agree that what teachers do offtime are their personal time, but again, to the extent. I cannot imagine having a teacher who sells drugs to be my child's teacher. I'm sorry, but that is way too far. We all gotta draw the line.

True, teachers are not earning enough and more often than not, they may feel compelled to work on the side to earn extra money, but there ARE healthy ways of making a living.

You guys may be comfortable with this, but I know I am not.

Back