Road Rage

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you victim of road rage? Any firearm involved? Got in car accident?

Share it here.

I had been in road rage incident and it was one of most worst in my life. I was on interstate highway and on way to home, but had to deal with old, crazy man in red truck that drove recklessly, aggressively with many lane change violation. He almost slammed my car and I decided to cuss word with middle finger as retaliate against him, but made much worse. He tailgated my car and unsure about hit the honk because I can't hear the horn. He tried to on same side and exposed his behavior, so I just ignore him as still forward and he did again as second round but failed to make me so fear, so he pulled the gun and got on same side as he point the gun at me, so I got head down and slow my car down, as he got away in really fast. He continue to road rage around different cars as I got off the exit to report the police about situation with firearm.

After that, I'm no longer to retaliate against any stupid drivers and I just let them go. That was very scared situation.

I noticed that some drivers followed me on interstate highway, even I'm not in left lane (known as passing lane), so I just slowed down to minimum speed (40 MPH) and they went in left lane as speeding away. I learned that some drivers try to follow the speeders because police officers will only stop the speeder who went in first place. Just slow down (if still in right lane) or move to right lane will do trick to get them out of my way.

I went to stop the gas station to refill the gas and went on way to home, so I noticed that Toyota, redneck style truck went VERY FAST on local road, also the driver passed the all solid yellow lane. When I turned to right so he passed with very loud music and I just ignore them. I bet they are immature, high school kids that went home from school.

I've faced several Road Rages before, all I can do is ignore.

I had a red metro come up behind me with a strobe on the headlights on bright. Started harrassing me with them. The windows were tinted total dark. Pissed me off so bad I was shaking for hours in rage after I got to work. I said never again and have held to it.

A couple months later in early winter a man and and his family in a suburban was harrassed by a red metro. The guy tried speeding up and then the metro passed and braked in front of him the guy with his family swerved tire caught the snow on the shoulder and flipped he was thrown out on to the pavement and was killed instantly. The guy in the metro came back around and gave him the bird while he was laying there. Took the police awhile to catch him. Found the metro in a garage -no mention of strobe headlights. The murderer is in jail now.
I felt bad that I had let it go earlier there were witnesses then too. I am sure it was not just 2 incidents and over though.

I've faced several Road Rages before, all I can do is ignore.

Yup, that's best solution.

There are plenty of people don't know about deal with road rage, until they learn a lesson.

Commuting in the DC/Balto/Philly area since 1987....yep, all the time.

In the beginning, I would cuss & flip the bird, but now I just cuss to myself and get the f away from them. I would love to do more, but I have to remind myself that it is not worth doing anything, and let someone else do the shooting.

Oh yeah -- I see it all the time. Most of the time I just shake my head in disaproval - maybe cuss and make sure they see me cussing like an old fart :giggle:. There was one time i "might" have retailated. When I was a young whippersnapper and I was up for 36 hours and was dead tired so wasnt at my best. Someone cut me off just before a one lane bridge so after crossing the bridge - I "might have" tapped their corner of their truck. I "think" I watched them careening out of control and they "could" have turned to point where I would Tbone them, but luckily - I was able to brake and let them regain control. They were very aggressive, but they did not stick around and took off. Never again. Just let the idiots do things to themselves.

I've had people with road rage tailgate me, yell at me, cut me off, etc... for stupid reasons. I keep my cool and don't freak out.

That's why I stay slower, 5mph less than the limited speed on right lane to avoid the problem. Plus... Hey! I save few bucks on gas!

That's why I stay slower, 5mph less than the limited speed on right lane to avoid the problem. Plus... Hey! I save few bucks on gas!
So... that was YOU who was hogging the road the other day in a one-lane two-direction no-passing road!!! ARGH!!! ;)

I saw part of a talk show where a guy was obsessed. He would get in front of people and just hold his wiper fluid release down, spraying the cars behind him. Said he went through gallons of the stuff a week. He'd get ticked for someone driving "slow", swerve around them, and douse them. If someone annoyed him, he'd take off and pass them to do it.

I saw part of a talk show where a guy was obsessed. He would get in front of people and just hold his wiper fluid release down, spraying the cars behind him. Said he went through gallons of the stuff a week. He'd get ticked for someone driving "slow", swerve around them, and douse them. If someone annoyed him, he'd take off and pass them to do it.
I've heard that done before. I knew one guy who modified his sprayer so that it sprayed more and stronger.

That's immature of him. He really needs to grow up! Same with everybody else who does that.

I had a red metro come up behind me with a strobe on the headlights on bright. Started harrassing me with them. The windows were tinted total dark. Pissed me off so bad I was shaking for hours in rage after I got to work. I said never again and have held to it.

A couple months later in early winter a man and and his family in a suburban was harrassed by a red metro. The guy tried speeding up and then the metro passed and braked in front of him the guy with his family swerved tire caught the snow on the shoulder and flipped he was thrown out on to the pavement and was killed instantly. The guy in the metro came back around and gave him the bird while he was laying there. Took the police awhile to catch him. Found the metro in a garage -no mention of strobe headlights. The murderer is in jail now.
I felt bad that I had let it go earlier there were witnesses then too. I am sure it was not just 2 incidents and over though.

A red metro? What's that?

Wirelessly posted

Had a person harass me before. I stuck my hand out of the window showing him my cell phone and slowed down to call the police. Reported his backside. He saw me on the phone, and hauled boogey!

A red metro? What's that?
The Geo Metro is a little compact gas sipper. They are still around on the road.
The whole business of a tiny bright red car taking on much larger vehicles using strobing extra bright headlights, super dark tinted glass, an obscured license plate and one really really agressive driver was beyond disturbing. He went to jail for murder after causing the death of the driver of the Chevy Suburban.
The driver of the Suburban was an easy going good guy, well known in the community, driving with his wife and 3 kids.
I just checked the old news reports- he did not go to jail for murder but went for other smaller felony charges, he is out now among us.

So... that was YOU who was hogging the road the other day in a one-lane two-direction no-passing road!!! ARGH!!! ;)

Worst that I got piss off on highway was a Trooper. It went 60 mph on 65 limited on LEFT lane. I can tell Trooper is check on other car next to there on RIGHT lane. I patience and await for over 10 minutes and he finally speed up and change to right lane. As I pass on exactly 66 MPH. Guess what? Trooper stopped at me for speed ticket. Good grief...

However, it waste me for 4-month as I appear to the court with the explain, I got the wavier. WASTE TIME

Worst that I got piss off on highway was a Trooper. It went 60 mph on 65 limited on LEFT lane. I can tell Trooper is check on other car next to there on RIGHT lane. I patience and await for over 10 minutes and he finally speed up and change to right lane. As I pass on exactly 66 MPH. Guess what? Trooper stopped at me for speed ticket. Good grief...

However, it waste me for 4-month as I appear to the court with the explain, I got the wavier. WASTE TIME

Oh wow, I got speeding ticket for 87 MPH in 70 MPH but the ticket got dismissed by court.

Back