Rip-off: Are these prices reasonable to you?

e

Reaction score
Alex and I were talking about DeafHire.com and we found the informations on ordering resumes..... We were like :jaw: at these prices!!!! Check out the photo we took from the screen. So, obviously they were ripping off on deaf people for paying on high prices resumes and with a very few of jobs on list. How helpful is that!

Attachments

• ripoff.gif
    ripoff.gif
    47.6 KB · Views: 111
it DEFINATELY is a ripoff!!!!!!!!!!! :jaw: i would NOT even use that service!!!!! that is so :crazy: !!!!!!!

I know that EVEN hearing people pay a lot of money for a good resume.......

I would not use their services...too high, rip off! :crazy: I can make my own resume for god sake! I learned how to do professional resume from local college. :o

So, if I wanted to have an Executive resume plus a cover and thank you letter to, hopefully, land me an interview, that'd cost me $225.00

To increase the possibilities of landing an interview from any of the recruiters at HireDeaf (not that they have much there anyway), that'd cost me another $50 which comes to a total of $275.00

Other companies and organizations may charge that amount, more or less, but at least they:

1. Are certified professionals
2. Make a guarantee to land you an interview, or they'll rewrite your resume for free
3. Include the MSWord format so you can easily view, edit and print out as many copies of the resume as you need

So, the question is, is $275.00 really worth it? I think not. I might as well buy me a good resume creating software at CompUSA for $30 or less.

Originally posted by Alex
So, if I wanted to have an Executive resume plus a cover and thank you letter to, hopefully, land me an interview, that'd cost me $225.00

To increase the possibilities of landing an interview from any of the recruiters at HireDeaf (not that they have much there anyway), that'd cost me another $50 which comes to a total of $275.00

Other companies and organizations may charge that amount, more or less, but at least they:

1. Are certified professionals
2. Make a guarantee to land you an interview, or they'll rewrite your resume for free
3. Include the MSWord format so you can easily view, edit and print out as many copies of the resume as you need

So, the question is, is $275.00 really worth it? I think not. I might as well buy me a resume creating software at CompUSA for $30 or less.

Or have a job agency make you a executive resume I had one done by a deaf job agency... sometimes companies want a resume done in PDF so i've got the full version of Acrobat installed on my PC so i can easily convert any word file into a PDF file.

I'm assuming the job agency made you an executive resume for free?

Originally posted by PSORules79
Or have a job agency make you a executive resume I had one done by a deaf job agency... sometimes companies want a resume done in PDF so i've got the full version of Acrobat installed on my PC so i can easily convert any word file into a PDF file.

Is this job agency for handicapped people only? If so, did it comes from Vocational Rehab.?

Originally posted by e
Is this job agency for handicapped people only? If so, did it comes from Vocational Rehab.?

for all kinds of handicapped people, yeah, blind, deaf, wheel-bound, cerebral-palsy, some of the clients don't have VR. I don't.

Originally posted by PSORules79
for all kinds of handicapped people, yeah, blind, deaf, wheel-bound, cerebral-palsy, some of the clients don't have VR. I don't.
Yeah, I'm going to try out for job search at job agency. They said they'll help to edit my resume but never said a word about paying for it. I guess a lot of job agencies for the handicapped offer free help on resume.
It's a great advantage for us! :thumb:

Originally posted by e
Yeah, I'm going to try out for job search at job agency. They said they'll help to edit my resume but never said a word about paying for it. I guess a lot of job agencies for the handicapped offer free help on resume.
It's a great advantage for us! :thumb:

exactly. why pay a ridicilous fee online when you'd rather have it done by a job coach that you can TRUST in person ?

THATS SOOO OMG OUTRAGOS!!!!!!!!! I can t imagaine this BS of a cost thank u for warning me for that shit! DAYUM!:eek:

Those prices are re-fuckin-diculous. I would NEVER pay anyone to send out a resume. It costs nothing to do it at home. Stay away from cons like this.

OUCH! These prices are really ripoff!!! Thank goodness that I had some of my employment agencies helping me with my resume. I have had like three or four employment agents helping me for free. Now I'm done with job searching because I landed myself a really excellent job at an electricity company! :thumb:

Whooaaa whats so rip off !!! I usually doing the resume myself without having anyone help me out with it... and got myself land on state goverment job ! which is good news !! lol

I agree with y'all.. It is so ridiculous for us to pay those high prices.. There are another places that can do that for less.. so.. for that 275 dollars, I would use to pay off some bills that I own to clear ur some of my credit.. so on another hand, If that company said that they guarante that We willl get that job by doing an impressive resume to impress the interiewer. you know but I would be wiser to use the cheaper price to do that resume anyway. :D

Sigh! Such a rip-off!

Unemployed people or starving college students cannot afford these kind of resumes...

Besides these tips, ask a friend or someone else who had experience in depth when it comes with cover letters and resumes.

Back