Restaurant see profits triple after ditch tipping

Well Tipping should be a choice not by force. Just like this story here

http://www.click2houston.com/news/F...-locked-them-inside-over-tip-refusal/12440464

The gratuity is only applies to 10 or greater patrons, it take a lot of work to serve larger groups.

If you eat alone so gratuity isn't applies. If you refuse to tipping our waiters so I will order them to not serve you at all.

It is extremely rude to not tipping for great service, also your deafness is %$#@ not excuse.

Well Tipping should be a choice not by force. Just like this story here

http://www.click2houston.com/news/F...-locked-them-inside-over-tip-refusal/12440464
Well, BBB says that if you don't like the policy, go somewhere else.

Well, if it were me, I would stay. If a waiter/ress' service is unacceptable, I would get up and yell it out which would get a manager's attention. Why do I have to pay 17% when I get a bad service? Know what? The manager will definitely give me a free meal for next time. LOL If the manager will not give me a free meal for next time, simply report your bad experience in yelp.com which BBB/restaurant managers can't do anything to stop.

As you may be aware, more people go to yelp for helpful info. I am telling you that yelp is a champ because that's where the customers share their experiences, both bad or good about those places.

Well, BBB says that if you don't like the policy, go somewhere else.

Well, if it were me, I would stay. If a waiter/ress' service is unacceptable, I would get up and yell it out which would get a manager's attention. Why do I have to pay 17% when I get a bad service? Know what? The manager will definitely give me a free meal for next time. LOL If the manager will not give me a free meal for next time, simply report your bad experience in yelp.com which BBB/restaurant managers can't do anything to stop.

As you may be aware, more people go to yelp for helpful info. I am telling you that yelp is a champ because that's where the customers tell the truth about those places.

Yes, I found quote from your link.

When the bill came, Marks said there was a problem. The restaurant added an automatic 17 percent gratuity because their party had more than five people in it, but Marks didn't feel like the staff earned the full tip so she asked to speak to a manager.

Joker is single so gratuity does not applies to him, but not paying tip for outstanding service should be subjecting to public shaming.

What is wrong with Florida school district. :hmm:

The gratuity is only applies to 10 or greater patrons, it take a lot of work to serve larger groups.

If you eat alone so gratuity isn't applies. If you refuse to tipping our waiters so I will order them to not serve you at all.

It is extremely rude to not tipping for great service, also your deafness is %$#@ not excuse.

What happens your waiter or waitress give you bad service? You should have that right waive the tip off. Like i said there should be a law against it. Receiving tips is not a right. Just like you don't have a right to get a job in America. You must earn the right to get the qualifications to get that job.

What happens your waiter or waitress give you bad service? You should have that right waive the tip off. Like i said there should be a law against it. Receiving tips is not a right. Just like you don't have a right to get a job in America. You must earn the right to get the qualifications to get that job.

I still tipping to waiter/waitress at lower percent like 10% if they give me a bad service but I will discuss with manager about bad service.

I said gratuity is only applies to more than 5 people in resturants and if you eat ALONE so it doesn't matter to you. Please read article again and it looks you don't know how to read.

Let free market dicate so we don't need more regulation, also it is hypocrite for you to be republican and demand for more regulation.

Not all republicans believe in business and profits you know. George Pataki didn't believe in business and profits. Abe Lincoln also didn't believe in business and profits.

when we go to restruant and waiter ask what wine we want hubby say to waiter if you want decent tip then you suggest the wine

Order to go, you don't have to pay the tip. Because you receive no service at all.... well.. a tiny service.

I bounced this Automatic Gratuity on my Stepfather who worked in the restaurant business longer than I have. He says that it's usually for tables larger than 5 and if it's listed somewhere on their menu in fine print. It's part of the bill. There is not escape from it.

If you had really bad service, the best you can do is ask for the manager and see if you can come to a middle ground over the problems (bad service, bad food, piss poor server attitude). The manager has the power to 'fix' any problem, some can remove the tip, some won't. They might offer something extra. It's their prerogative.

He did make one suggestion. BE NICE. Being nice and classy will go a LONG way with the manager/owner, regardless of how bad your service may be. Be a rude and condescending customer to him/her and they will say no. Be nice and they might remove the tip, or even suggest lowering the tip.

when we go to restaurant and waiter ask what wine we want hubby say to waiter if you want decent tip then you suggest the wine

I think you need to read this.... Just food for thought. What one person thought they heard, ended up not being what they really got.

Order to go, you don't have to pay the tip. Because you receive no service at all.... well.. a tiny service.

You do get a charge for takeout orders. It's not as much as a tip, but there is an extra charge for orders to go.

. . . You do get a charge for takeout orders. It's not as much as a tip, but there is an extra charge for orders to go.
Not at all restaurants. The only time that we were charged for take out was at an Asian buffet.

You do get a charge for takeout orders. It's not as much as a tip, but there is an extra charge for orders to go.

Never hear of it. It doesn't exist in my region. Your region must be terrible. :hmm:

and no, Reba, there is no such a charge at Chinese Buffet. They just have different cost on per pound to go.

Never hear of it. It doesn't exist in my region. Your region must be terrible. :hmm:

and no, Reba, there is no such a charge at Chinese Buffet. They just have different cost on per pound to go.
The buffet here told us they charge for the containers.

None of the other restaurants charged for take out.

Different region, different tactile business. That's interesting!

Kind of a side note; but I was real put out with one of the church dinners here that started charging more for a carryout dinner than the same one as a eat in dinner. It turns out that Catholic Parish was using the combination plate/trays from the school and washing them. So, unlike the churches that have dinners and use disposable plates they DO have an additional cost for carryouts.

Different region, different tactile business. That's interesting!
Another regional difference:

In SC, unlimited free refills for fountain beverages (ice tea, soda, water, coffee); in CT, we had to pay for every soda refill--we were shocked! :lol:

Another regional difference:

In SC, unlimited free refills for fountain beverages (ice tea, soda, water, coffee); in CT, we had to pay for every soda refill--we were shocked! :lol:

I am also used to free refills in the small town where I live in Southern Illinois.

Back