Religion in Relationships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basque are people from the region to the north in Spain. I remember, growing up on a farm in Minnesota, we had some neighbors who were Basque and they raised sheep. Burka is the veil you mentioned worn by Middle Eastern women.

BURKA!!!!!! Thank you for fresh my memory... I tried to remember which word as I want to ask Opal in my first post... but I can´t find those word... so I use veil instead... Thank you... BURKA... :thumb: That´s what I want to ask Opal the question in my first post.

Thank you again and you also, Boult as well.. I know now what Basque is about... It´s cultural/Tradition custom...

... Can you show me the fact where the non-muslim become muslim or Islam belief and force their wives to wear like this and allow to have relationship with other women in non-muslim country like this because I never heard about this? All what I know is the muslims who raised in Islam countries and must follow Islaim law or give up their belief and turn into Christianity. Their belief and law is different as non-muslim country....
What kind of "facts" do you need? Thousands of non-muslims convert to Islam every day. It's very common. Converts are often more zealous and strict than even those "born" into Islam families and countries. Many of the potential terrorists who have been arrested in the U.S. and Europe have been converts. They convert to Islam and change their names. It's in the news all the time. They follow their beliefs in the U.S. and Europe. It doesn't matter where they are born.

"...significant numbers of Europeans and Americans of all races and ethnic backgrounds are coming into Islam...."

Misconceptions About Islam

What kind of "facts" do you need? Thousands of non-muslims convert to Islam every day. It's very common. Converts are often more zealous and strict than even those "born" into Islam families and countries. Many of the potential terrorists who have been arrested in the U.S. and Europe have been converts. They convert to Islam and change their names. It's in the news all the time. They follow their beliefs in the U.S. and Europe. It doesn't matter where they are born.

"...significant numbers of Europeans and Americans of all races and ethnic backgrounds are coming into Islam...."

Misconceptions About Islam

Terrorists situation has nothing do with this thread here. Anyway, I only know that most Europeans and Americans are blindly fall in love with muslims from culture/Tradition country before married and agree to convert into muslims after married and then regret later... or a lot of muslims who born and raised in Europe country live like being Europeans and has no interest in their belief and marry to Europeans and Americans. Muslims have to stick European´s and American´s law as the same as Europeans and Americans have to stick Islam´s law as long as they choose to live Europe/America or Islam/Muslim country.

Well, I don't mind being in relationship with a person who have different religion, but what I HATE when my relationship tried to destroy my belief and follow his/her beliefs.

My bitch Christian anut dated with a Nonreligious guy, he was used to be very funny, love to debate, watch the wrestling on the televison, and get drunk, he's so amazing guy.

After the marriage, he is not the same person. When my dad send the sex joke to that guy's cell phone, and that guy got mad at my dad for the sex joke.

He was used to be very humor, but now it's not funny for my anut to force him to believe on Christianity. My anut is just taking control on him.

... Anyway, I only know that most Europeans and Americans are blindly fall in love with muslims from culture/Tradition country before married and agree to convert into muslims after married and then regret later... or a lot of muslims who born and raised in Europe country live like being Europeans and has no interest in their belief and marry to Europeans and Americans. Muslims have to stick European´s and American´s law as the same as Europeans and Americans have to stick Islam´s law as long as they choose to live Europe/America or Islam/Muslim country.
They convert not just because they blindly fall in love.

Increase in Germans who Convert to Islam

There has been a surge in the number of Germans converting to Islam,
the weekly Der Spiegel on Saturday cited an Interior Ministry-sponsored
study.

Around 4,000 Germans converted to Islam between July 2004 and June 2005 which is four times as many as in the prior space of time, said the
study which was conducted by the Islam-Archive Central Institute, based
in the western town of Soest.

The head of the German Islam think-tank, Salim Abdullah pointed out
that that most of those who converted to Islam, have been women and
well-educated.
Increase in Germans who Convert to Islam

Growing number of Germans embracing Islam
25-Oct-2003

Agence France-Presse (via ClariNet)

BERLIN, Oct 25 (AFP) - To all appearances Herr Herzog is an average German, but on Sunday Mohammed will be one of a growing number of his compatriots to begin the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan, one of the five pillars of their faith.

A former Protestant who worked in a social welfare centre for Turkish immigrants for many years, Herzog converted to Islam in 1979 when he realised that "the Koran gathered together everything I had ever believed in."

Today he is the director of a Muslim cultural centre in the capital Berlin and he says that the number of Germans who convert to Islam "is rising each year" and that they "are getting younger and younger."

"Many are looking for new lifestyles and some sense of direction," he says.

The central institute on Islam archives estimates that about 12,400 people born in Germany to German parents are Muslims, with the total Muslim population set at around 3.5 million people, most of them of Turkish origin.

Each year, the institute issues between 350 and 400 documents in German and Arabic, complete with identity photograph, as proof people have converted.

"It would be an exaggeration to talk of a rash of conversions," says its director Salim Abdullah...

Norbert Mueller grew up with almost no exposure to religious instruction, but he says he has found warmth and "the feeling that he belongs to a community" with his Turkish and Arab friends in the northern city of Hamburg.

A 41-year-old practicing lawyer, Mueller converted in 1991 and has married a woman from Iran...

"The majority are people whose spouses are Muslims. Nothing obliges though to convert," Wohlrab-Sahr says. "Many of them have difficult pasts that pose them problems, they are looking for discipline in their lives."...
Ramadan-Germany
Growing number of Germans embracing Islam

4,000 Germans Convert to Islam Every Year

The “www.worldnetdaily.com” website says at least 4,000 Germans convert to Islam every year.

According to the Islam Central Institute in the city of Soest, Germany, the rate of conversions to Islam has sharply increased from the year 2000 onwards.

Based on the report, until the year 2000, 300 Germans had converted to Islam. But this figure rose sharply after the year 2000 and currently stands at 4,000 converts per year.

Head of the Islam Central Institute, Salim Abdullah, said: “In the past, the majority of conversions to Islam were related to German women, who married Muslim men. But, nowadays conversions to Islam are observed among Germans from all walks of life.”

In Germany, Muslims don't have to follow German divorce law. They can follow the Koran.
German Justice Failures: Paving the Way for a Muslim Parallel Society - International - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News

Question: If you meet a girl, would you ask her which belief she have before know her better? Would you walk off that's because her belief is different as you instead know her personality better?
Why would a guy be interested in a serious relationship with a girl who didn't share his core beliefs? Why would a girl be interested in a serious relationship with a guy who didn't share her core beliefs? They won't have much in common. Spiritual beliefs effect decisions on child rearing, finances, life priorities, employment, education, entertainment, birth control, etc. Life will be hard for a couple if they aren't going in the same direction on these matters.

I think core spiritual beliefs are much more important than "personality".

Why would a guy be interested in a serious relationship with a girl who didn't share his core beliefs? Why would a girl be interested in a serious relationship with a guy who didn't share her core beliefs? They won't have much in common. Spiritual beliefs effect decisions on child rearing, finances, life priorities, employment, education, entertainment, birth control, etc. Life will be hard for a couple if they aren't going in the same direction on these matters.

I think core spiritual beliefs are much more important than "personality".

No! Personality is important. My Christian anut complete ruin my new uncle's true personality, cause all of the family lose interest into him. Look at my last post for the full story.

No! Personality is important. My Christian anut complete ruin my new uncle's true personality, cause all of the family lose interest into him. Look at my last post for the full story.

Correct! People's personality comes first than worry about their background, etc.

They convert not just because they blindly fall in love.

I stand what I said is YES. If you think different is not my problem.

To my knowledge, a lot of German-Muslim born to Islam family in Germany. We call them "German-Muslim". German-Muslims are being forced to convert into Muslim by their strong religion parents. Many German-Muslims run away from their parent's house and stay home where they get protect and get new identiy to become Germans. Yes, more and more German-muslims convert into Germans.

If German-Muslims are agree to become Islam belief then they can follow Koran divorce law but they have to follow German law/rules since they live here in Germany but I notice a lot of muslims rather to follow German divorce law because it give more rights than Koran.

No wonder why more German-Muslims babies are born to Islam family than German Native babies. Islam families who live in Germany have to obey German law.

My wife and I are not very religious but we believe in a Supreme Creator from which all things were created. We try to live by the Golden Rule which is "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you." In other words, treat other people the way you would want them to treat you. This very basic rule is the foundation of our relationship. We ocassionally attend church but have no preference as to any particular church or religion. The poet Kahlil Gibran said it best when he wrote: "Ask not whether God is in your heart but ask whether you are in the heart of God."

Character is more important than personality. Character is deep inside; personality is the shallow outside.

I stand what I said is YES. If you think different is not my problem.
I never said it was.

...Yes, more and more German-muslims convert into Germans.
German is a nationality.
Muslim is a religion.
How does a person convert his religion (Muslim) into a nationality (German)?

If German-Muslims are agree to become Islam belief then they can follow Koran divorce law but they have to follow German law/rules since they live here in Germany but I notice a lot of muslims rather to follow German divorce law because it give more rights than Koran.
According to the German press, it was a German judge in Germany who followed the Koran instead of German law in the divorce case decision.

No wonder why more German-Muslims babies are born to Islam family than German Native babies. Islam families who live in Germany have to obey German law.
German law requires Muslim families to have more babies? :confused:

Character is more important than personality. Character is deep inside; personality is the shallow outside.

Pfft, I see no different between Character or Personality, and I know personality is not a shallow outside ;) Look (face, body, etc) is a outside.

I still disagree that religion is more important than character nor the personality. Sorries. I know someone who lost their own true character/personality because of his new wife (my anut). I am not happy with it....

Pfft, I see no different between Character or Personality, and I know personality is not a shallow outside ;) Look (face, body, etc) is a outside.

I still disagree that religion is more important than character nor the personality. Sorries. I know someone who lost their own true character/personality because of his new wife (my anut). I am not happy with it....
Character is your true being, deep down inside. It includes your ethics and morals, and your beliefs. Good character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching.

Personality is the outward expression and behavior that other people can see.

A person can have a charming, friendly personality on the outside but hide a mean, selfish character on the inside. That's why you can't always trust an individual's personality.

True good character will shine thru the personality.

Religion is one of the factors that can influence character.

Good character is more important in a long-term relationship than good personality. Personalities are more easily changed.

mostly people in the world have rights for religion relationship because what kind raise are you in?

my family have rights for religion relationship because my family always going Baptist Church than catholic.

my step-family knew about catholic but going church sometimes and im not join trade as catholic because against by the gods!

i do obey the gods and sinner when i watch pastor at my church where im member mostly people always obey the gods and sinner.

Character is your true being, deep down inside. It includes your ethics and morals, and your beliefs. Good character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching.

Personality is the outward expression and behavior that other people can see.

A person can have a charming, friendly personality on the outside but hide a mean, selfish character on the inside. That's why you can't always trust an individual's personality.

True good character will shine thru the personality.

Religion is one of the factors that can influence character.

Good character is more important in a long-term relationship than good personality. Personalities are more easily changed.

Wow I disagree with you, Religion is not a character. Religion is just a influenced by the teaching of parents or someone else. Nobody would born with a religion knowledge till they finally learn about it at their lifetime.

I'm sorry that you misinterpreted my post in the wrong way or pick on my grammar. I am trying to make my post clear again.

German is a nationality.
Muslim is a religion.
How does a person convert his religion (Muslim) into a nationality (German)?

Yes, German-Muslim are allow to choose to become German Citizen at legal age 18 only if they born in Germany. They can convert their belief into other belief if they want to which mean is they disown their Muslim belief family. They will die if they contact them. Some German-Muslim follow their family's strong belief to stay what they are.

According to the German press, it was a German judge in Germany who followed the Koran instead of German law in the divorce case decision.

Only if they own muslim citizen who seek for a divorce then go to Koran but for the public law is a different. They still obey German public law/rules. (honor killing, Volience Domestic, abuse, illegal, etc. etc. etc. etc.)

German law requires Muslim families to have more babies? :confused:

:confused: Where have I say that German law require Msulim families to have more babies? I do not see where I have say. I only see that you misinterpreted my 2 sentences post or pick on my short grammer? I only said that many German-Muslims babies are born to Islam family than German Native babies in first sentence and then I said in second sentence that Islam families who live in Germany have to obey German public law, not one sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back