Relay Opr Called Me Asshole!

opr0000m

Reaction score
Hello friends. Quite an interesting story I have to tell. Earlier this night, I dialed 711 , and reached Nordia Relay Svc (california). I asked the "agent" if he could connect me with the cust svc dept. and he told me he IS cust svc. So I proceed to ask "what is 800 nbr for bell relay canada". He told me more than what I had hoped. He said:

"Oh you work for xxxx relay company, you're one of those xxxx assholes, aren't you? Yeah asshole here's something for you, have a merry christmas asshole". HUNG UP ON ME.

Please EVERYBODY, BOYCOTT NORDIA!!! Never use nordia. They do not deserve ur business anyways. Spread the word to everyone that NORDIA = UNPROFESSIONALISM. OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE NOT KEEPING CONFIDENTIALITY, as this operator's statements INDICATE QUITE CLEARLY that someone is talking about calls, sharing info etc. Repeat: NORDIA DOES **NOT** BELIEVE IN CONFIDENTIALITY !

How would you feel if this happened to you? I now have less faith in Canada.

opr0000m said:
Hello friends. Quite an interesting story I have to tell. Earlier this night, I dialed 711 , and reached Nordia Relay Svc (california). I asked the "agent" if he could connect me with the cust svc dept. and he told me he IS cust svc. So I proceed to ask "what is 800 nbr for bell relay canada". He told me more than what I had hoped. He said:

"Oh you work for xxxx relay company, you're one of those xxxx assholes, aren't you? Yeah asshole here's something for you, have a merry christmas asshole". HUNG UP ON ME.

Please EVERYBODY, BOYCOTT NORDIA!!! Never use nordia. They do not deserve ur business anyways. Spread the word to everyone that NORDIA = UNPROFESSIONALISM. OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE NOT KEEPING CONFIDENTIALITY, as this operator's statements INDICATE QUITE CLEARLY that someone is talking about calls, sharing info etc. Repeat: NORDIA DOES **NOT** BELIEVE IN CONFIDENTIALITY !

How would you feel if this happened to you? I now have less faith in Canada.
Oh that not very professional of their company . oh boy .

merry christmas .

Actually, I suspect the RO thought he was helping; I think the RO thought you were one of those Nigerian scammers. Do your homework before yelling foul.

Nordia very likely knows nothing about the scammers. Scams are only present in between MCI, Sprint, and AT&T relay, and possibly Hamilton or i711. Also, doesn't Nordia handle TTY only? If this is true, then they definetely don't see scams, as they're only present on IP Relay. And regardless if the RO thought he was helping, he is not supposed to distinguish between users.

I"ve never heard of Nordia relay, but how in the heck did he know you were an RO? Whenever I'm talking with customer service, I try to avoid giving myself away.

I call bullshit on this story.

First off, the guy states that he called 711 for "California" relay service. To my knowledge, California does not identify which relay company you called -- they simply say "CRS OPR 1234F." So, in order to even know which relay service you called, you have to ask.

Secondly, relay operators know better than to impersonate customer service. All it takes to get the operator fired is someone recording their operator number and reporting them to customer service if they fake it. I really don't think any operator would do that, especially since TTYs have the ability to print out conversations.

Thirdly, come on, there's no way that the relay operator could have known anything about you, and for no reason start to swear and insult you. Again, all it takes is knowing their operator number and they're fired. You don't even need to contact customer service -- you just dial 711 again and ask the next operator to direct you to customer service.

Bullshit. I bet Nordia is just as professional a relay service as every other provider. I never use them as my relay service, but there's no reason to lie and make up a story like that.

apathrev said:
Nordia very likely knows nothing about the scammers. Scams are only present in between MCI, Sprint, and AT&T relay, and possibly Hamilton or i711. Also, doesn't Nordia handle TTY only? If this is true, then they definetely don't see scams, as they're only present on IP Relay. And regardless if the RO thought he was helping, he is not supposed to distinguish between users.

I"ve never heard of Nordia relay, but how in the heck did he know you were an RO? Whenever I'm talking with customer service, I try to avoid giving myself away.

Nordia has their own an online relay service, just an FYI for you. It's not widely known and not widely advertised, to my knowledge. They also provide the relay operators behind i711.

So Dennis says theres a lot more than one person crying wolf out there?

Richard

Well, unless people start telling the world WITH PROOF that they're being sworn at by relay operators, I won't believe them. I swear, these people are just looking for attention.

Every time, it's always someone who said they didn't get a copy of it or didn't write down the operator number and were conveniently out of printer paper and didn't want to complain to anyone but their friends and online. If I have a problem, I know enough to call customer service and make my complaint official.

So, Richard, have you had a relay operator swear at you yet?

Dennis said:
Well, unless people start telling the world WITH PROOF that they're being sworn at by relay operators, I won't believe them. I swear, these people are just looking for attention.

Every time, it's always someone who said they didn't get a copy of it or didn't write down the operator number and were conveniently out of printer paper and didn't want to complain to anyone but their friends and online. If I have a problem, I know enough to call customer service and make my complaint official.

I don't see what possible intention this author could of had for making this up. :dunno: I do, indeed, know of several cases in which RO's have sworn at callers.

So, Richard, have you had a relay operator swear at you yet?

F*** you, Richard!

Now he has! :wiggle:

Dennis, I'm not sure if it matters but just so you know, the relay companies announce which company they are when I dial 711 here in California.

Tousi said:
Dennis, I'm not sure if it matters but just so you know, the relay companies announce which company they are when I dial 711 here in California.

It also depends on the area that you're in doesn't it to which relay provider you get? And I thought the California state contract was split between Sprint and MCI.

apathrev said:
I don't see what possible intention this author could of had for making this up. :dunno: I do, indeed, know of several cases in which RO's have sworn at callers.

Industrial sabotage?

I wouldn't see why. There is little, if any, purported competition among relay providers. We never hear "we have to have better service, because more people are starting to use this service" or "this company's rating is better than ours." Heck, I had to do my own research to find out that there are other relay providers other than MCI.

???

Relay Opr Called Me Asshole!

are you sure you are not one? :D

sorry ,but that was just to good to pass up! :hug:

apathrev said:
It also depends on the area that you're in doesn't it to which relay provider you get? And I thought the California state contract was split between Sprint and MCI.

Yup, we got those two, too and not necessarily(well, at least it didn't used to be that way) depending on the area one's in cuz I've used MCI before, too from the same home.

I remember one occassion in which AD's own DoVip posted a blog on his myspace that contained a relay transcript of a call in which he attempted to order a pizza, but no kept getting hung up on. He asked to redial, and the operator proceeded to cuss him out and then disconnect his call. I actually know the operator that had relayed that call.

apathrev said:

The author desires attention and sympathy. That's exactly my first thought when I saw that he said "the relay op swore at me and hung up." He has 4 posts on alldeaf, no record of being a reliable poster, and jumps straight in to say, "don't use these people ever again because this happened to me."

Fair enough. California only recently changed to the 3 relay company system, and it's the only one of its kind in the U.S., so I guess it does make sense that they do announce their name.

The way it was explained to me, is that it rotates through each provider each time someone calls 711. So, for example, I call 711, I will get MCI. Then the next person dials 711, will get Sprint. Then the next person dials 711, they get Nordia, and so on. Very inefficient, and VERY EXPENSIVE for the state.

I remember one occassion in which AD's own DoVip posted a blog on his myspace that contained a relay transcript of a call in which he attempted to order a pizza, but no kept getting hung up on. He asked to redial, and the operator proceeded to cuss him out and then disconnect his call. I actually know the operator that had relayed that call.

In that case, you're to judge if you know the operator well enough that they would swear and cuss in that occasion. But DoVip should have reported it. Why would someone just post it online and not bother complaining? You want better service, you'd better complain for it.

Dennis, not that I use the TTY much but I have never had one iota of trouble with the system nor any one individual RO and I always get a response within, say, three rings. So what did you mean by the inefficiency of the system here?

eh Asshole??

I use dailed up for 711 to call thur Bell Relay Service (BRS) in canada likey call my mom or my grandmother something like that that didnt any swearing from BRS in canada. wow new to me eh?

Back