Relay call vent

I sold some of my pain killers...

I have extremely high tolerance for pain. At one point I had over 200 tablets.
$10 each tablet was helpful at the time.

Nice. I could use some of that pain tolerance. :giggle:

And maybe some of those painkillers too... :whistle:

yeah I hate relay too cuz yesterday I had a fight wtih some1 and she told me don't come over hell with his sis.. blah I am not going to come over anymore cuz I'm really pissed beyond than that.. cuz he knew if I was gona come over why he did go out? sheesh glad i didn't go over cuz good thing I called ahead of time and found out he wasn't home so I did my errand then back home... it wasn't such a waste of my time tho ;)

I've heard of Captel phones but would have to look into it more. I would need very high magnification and high contrast and I am also not sure if my eyes would last the length of the phone call. But I will look to see if there are any options that make the Captel more blind-friendly. Thanks for the suggestion.

They also have Captel abvailable online through Sprint. You could use the computer to make the call and then would be able to read the captions on your computer screen.

The website is at www.SprintCapTel.com

Why should he use his wife as a crutch?
Husbands and wives helping each other doesn't mean one is a crutch.

Hubby and I are both hearing. I often have Hubby make pharmacy calls for me because I can't stay on hold on my cell phone at work for 25-75 minutes required to get thru. He can use the home phone (his work schedule is more flexible than mine) without being disconnected while I'm at work. That doesn't make him a "crutch."

I do errands for him, he makes calls for me, I buy things for him, he picks up Rx for me, etc. That's what spouses do for each other. When he was recovering from a car accident, I helped him on the job. When I was too dizzy from meds to drive, he chauffeured me. When he sliced his knee with a chain saw, I drove him to the ER, and when I had a severe allergic reaction he drove me to the ER.

I agree that hearing spouses shouldn't be required to be interpreters for deaf spouses, especially in situations where a terp should be provided under the ADA. But there are occasions when practicality comes before principle. If, at the time, getting pain meds was more urgent than making a point about relay service, and if a hearing spouse was available, then why not?

The best time to resolve the relay problem is when there is not an urgency to make a call. A plan should be worked out ahead of time with the doctor's office to either ensure relay calls go thru, or there is an alternative method of contact in place, such as email or text messages.

I refill my pharmacy orders online. Only takes me 2 minutes.
Just letting ya know. No need for that 75minutes or relay BS.

I refill my pharmacy orders online. Only takes me 2 minutes.
Just letting ya know. No need for that 75minutes or relay BS.
Depends on where you get your prescriptions.

For refills, it takes us only a few minutes of keying in the Rx # on the phone, then we pick them up a couple days later.

But to renew a prescription, that means writing a new Rx because the other one has run out (no refills left). For that, we have to call the central VA office that provides for all members. That can take 25-75 minutes of holding, and then being cut off several times, and starting over again. Even then, they sent me the wrong one and I had to start all over again.

Depends on where you get your prescriptions.

For refills, it takes us only a few minutes of keying in the Rx # on the phone, then we pick them up a couple days later.

But to renew a prescription, that means writing a new Rx because the other one has run out (no refills left). For that, we have to call the central VA office that provides for all members. That can take 25-75 minutes of holding, and then being cut off several times, and starting over again. Even then, they sent me the wrong one and I had to start all over again.

my goodness. I never thought of renewing a Rx at the pharmacy. I've always went to my dr's office and requested them to look into it there and they call it in for me.

my goodness. I never thought of renewing a Rx at the pharmacy. I've always went to my dr's office and requested them to look into it there and they call it in for me.
In the VA system, members aren't allowed to just show up at the doctor's office without an appointment. We have to call some place in Indiana (we live in SC) and talk to some faceless stranger who forwards our request to the doctor the next day. We don't get to talk directly to the doctor, so sometimes the request is messed up. Of course, I don't find out that it's wrong until I get it in the mail. Then I have to start the process over again.

In the VA system, members aren't allowed to just show up at the doctor's office without an appointment. We have to call some place in Indiana (we live in SC) and talk to some faceless stranger who forwards our request to the doctor the next day. We don't get to talk directly to the doctor, so sometimes the request is messed up. Of course, I don't find out that it's wrong until I get it in the mail. Then I have to start the process over again.

Oh gotcha. that sucks. :(

All the more reason to say hey, improve the treatment for our military.

Back