regular school vs. Deafschool

Heather, do you mean mainstream as in Deaf program?
Also, Deaf schools are excellent for those who want to build vocational skills instead of heading to college. Most mainstream schools really don't offer too much for those who don't want to attend college. Nowadays the focus is on college entrance especially at suburban schools.

~Heather~ said:
err... I wasn't talking about mainstream that I didn't join sports...I was talking about Public school. :lol: ;)

Im lost.. Is Public school the same thing as Mainstream?

deafdyke said:
Heather, do you mean mainstream as in Deaf program?
Also, Deaf schools are excellent for those who want to build vocational skills instead of heading to college. Most mainstream schools really don't offer too much for those who don't want to attend college. Nowadays the focus is on college entrance especially at suburban schools.

Yes, that is what I mean mainstream as in Deaf program.

Ohhh Ok.. I was talking about mainstream in Public School I did join Softball and Sports and we were treated equally...So i thought u were talking about that ... I went to public school going to mainstream with an interpreter there about 2 or 3 deaf people in the classroom with us...

Research on child's education

Hello,

I went to different school for whole life. I moved the different school due my father's job call. Well I have see myself where I move and attend the new school and friends. What the most negative and positive I have see but I learn from other school about "stand for yourself."

Before you read this, I might be blah blah blah but want share with you.
:type:
The public school is advantage because I can walk around with hearing student and explore the different culture in the public school. The deaf campus school is good but depend on base the education system. For example; myself enter to high school with deaf campus. I have went two different state deaf campus. The one campus gave me a lot learn about education until I went back to state where my father's old job due call him. They were impress that my education had increased. The other one I recent went and the education is complently out of shape. Their assignment I have learn really slow expect two teacher are good but they are retirement right now. They are teaching in spanish language and history. Most parents are responible to watch that deaf child who is attending at deaf campus. Because the deaf child sometime not learn anything or not improve with their english writing due teacher is deaf. I am not saying that teacher who is deaf no good for childern. I have meet several deaf who is good teaching but they were getting old. I guess their effort become wore out.

About the public school; if I put my deaf child into public school. I could like to met the teacher who will teach my child. I will ask them if they know about deaf history, their believe or anything. If they believe sign or oral only and then I won't put my child in there. I believe in total communication but not what they believe because they want to.

Hi all,

Sorry i haven't been here for so long, i was quite busy..well reading through all your reply's..we've (well my DH did all the work since i got pregnant) decided to put Isa in a public, yet regular school..the school of our twins has offered us some aid in the form of more attention to Isa, and one of the teachers there actually knows ASL, only she's a teacher in upper grade...my ASL is going okay, and Isa's hearing was tested again, but no test results yet...they said they had to find out about what to do next with his hearing (i don't like waiting..)...........
Well i've got to get back to bed now.....i'll post as soon as i know more!

Well, I know what you are going through. My 6 months old son is Deaf, he had several hearing tests, all failed until he had his ABR (Auditory Brainstem Response) test and confirmed that he is deaf, his left ear is severe to profound and his right ear is profound (no hearing detect). So now, I will need to get him hearing aid and find good deaf school for him. Good Luck! :)

~Heather~ said:
Yes, that is what I mean mainstream as in Deaf program.

I know public school, I had participated in mainstream and deaf programs. I played with hearing league and play in school. Ok, see I went to hearing classes and gone to deaf programs for part time. I not see why I should be in private school for?? :ugh:

Back