Rebound Relationship:

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you ever been in a rebound relationship? When a person who experience an upsetting break up or divorce rush themselves into another relationship.

I never have been in a rebound relationship, After my break up with 6 years relationship with the love of my life, he broke my heart by cheating on me, My step mother put an ad in the paper for me to go out and have fun, I didn't want to, at that time I've gotten tons of letters from different guys who wanted to meet me, I choose a few guys that I like, but after going out with them I felt not so ready to jump into a relationship, I was honest and straightforward about my feelings. I don't believe in making someone jealous just to get your ex back, because that's not love, that's hurting another person by using that person, more of taking advantage of the person's feelings when getting into a rebound relationship. ;)

Discuss please! :thumb:

Yeah, I have been there before, it was a big mistake. It's better to take time to heal then go to a new relationship. :)

when I got heartbroken, I seek to laugh with and talk with (wish have best friend) someone to chest off, when look for another relationship my mind always thinks about my girls come first too quick for girls their dad replaced a new guy so thought to give girls and me a wait they will get it my being alone and ok with me with new guy, I really dont know ahead, wait and see :Oops:

I never go a rebound relationship.. It's not love .. It's like a bad gambling ! If I love someone then why I date another ?

Yeah I've gotten into rebound relationships before. There's no better way to get over one person than to get under another. ;)

Seriously it's easier to cope with heartbreak when you've got someone there to remind you how special you are. Instead of dwelling on your emotional pain you start to realize that the break up is their loss.

Yea I have been there and done that and I wont do it again. So this time I stay out of rebound for over a year now and feeling better and knowing that I can learn to live in a better life then going thru over and over and getting hurt again.

Right now I am taking my time to find someone special who respect me for who I am and accept me for who I am not becuze they want to change me or control me. I would have kick his balls to the curb. :giggle:

Back