Reba, I just remembered something.

Thank you both. :)

Here's my 2012 lamb cake. All the seashells and "sand" around the lamb are edible. (Not the shells in the bowl behind the lamb.) The cake was chocolate. The seashells were white chocolate candy. The "sand" was fine, light brown sugar.

Attachments

• lamb2012.jpg
    lamb2012.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 9
Reba, Happy Happy Happy Belated B-day to you!!! Hope that you had a blast time on your b-day!!! :D

Last edited:
Hey, Happy Birthday to you! Didja do anything special?

Hey, Happy Birthday to you! Didja do anything special?
TCS and I went to our favorite seafood restaurant for lunch. We got a table on the porch that overlooks the water. Then, in the evening, our daughter, SIL, and grandsons came over for the cake and ice cream. Poor lamb; only the head part and some seashells are left. :lol:

It's a tradition for my family only. :)

Sometimes my birthday is near Easter. So, one year when I was little, my mom got me a three dimensional lamb birthday cake.

http://www.alldeaf.com/326754-post18.html

I told Hubby about that a few years ago. I told him that it would be neat to have another lamb cake but I never saw one like that.

Well, one of his customers is a professional baker. He discussed with her about making a lamb cake. She searched her sources and the internet, and finally found the right mold.

Hubby surprised me with the lamb cake. Ever since then, with just a few exceptions, he has surprised me with a lamb cake. Each year it is decorated differently, and is a different flavor cake and/or frosting.

I love this! Great story

Happy birthday, Reba :)

Back