Really Freaking Irritated!

fushiablue

Reaction score
Okay so my Mom is making me so mad lately. Yesterday she stormed back into my room stomping and raging angry. "Gosh stupid you are the most disrespectful daughter on the face of the earth I called for you three times!" "ummm you did? sorry I didn't hear you..." interrupted by "WILL YOU STOP PRETENDING!!!!!i SWEAR!!!! stop acting like you didn't hear me it really pisses me off!" "um i legitimately didn't hear you..." "I DONT WANT TO FREAKING HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!! YOU R DISRESPECTFUL & i K YOU CAN HEAR FINE!!!!!" Then she leaves all mad and not speaking to me. This is three days after she says she's going to make an appointment with dr. for hearing test for me. she's still keeping it up i didnt even do anything today and she's still bitching at me won't back down. I really don't hear her most of the time she knows that b/c sometimes she sends my sister to ask me stuff b/c she doesn't wanna get up walk down/across short hall to ask me herself. everybuddy knows they have to be in the same room as me and they gotta get my attention some other way first @ the very least if they want me to understand them. My family knows it intellectually but they refuse to do anything about it. grades dropping b/c i cant understand teacher i've done my research i know somethings wrong but only bf & his family believe me his dad is hoh. mom yelled @ me b/c i didn't tell her originally my bf did b/c he noticed i wasnt responding to him calling my name i didn't notice @ 1st. idk what's going on exactly but we've been having this issue since my freshman year i'd luv 2 get it resolved so we dont have fighting in our house all the time. just gotta get all this out 2 some1 i think will understand i've been holding it in but i'm ready 2 burst b/c i get sad and angry and just generally frustrated.

Okay so my Mom is making me so mad lately. Yesterday she stormed back into my room stomping and raging angry. "Gosh stupid you are the most disrespectful daughter on the face of the earth I called for you three times!" "ummm you did? sorry I didn't hear you..." interrupted by "WILL YOU STOP PRETENDING!!!!!i SWEAR!!!! stop acting like you didn't hear me it really pisses me off!" "um i legitimately didn't hear you..." "I DONT WANT TO FREAKING HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!! YOU R DISRESPECTFUL & i K YOU CAN HEAR FINE!!!!!" Then she leaves all mad and not speaking to me. This is three days after she says she's going to make an appointment with dr. for hearing test for me. she's still keeping it up i didnt even do anything today and she's still bitching at me won't back down. I really don't hear her most of the time she knows that b/c sometimes she sends my sister to ask me stuff b/c she doesn't wanna get up walk down/across short hall to ask me herself. everybuddy knows they have to be in the same room as me and they gotta get my attention some other way first @ the very least if they want me to understand them. My family knows it intellectually but they refuse to do anything about it. grades dropping b/c i cant understand teacher i've done my research i know somethings wrong but only bf & his family believe me his dad is hoh. mom yelled @ me b/c i didn't tell her originally my bf did b/c he noticed i wasnt responding to him calling my name i didn't notice @ 1st. idk what's going on exactly but we've been having this issue since my freshman year i'd luv 2 get it resolved so we dont have fighting in our house all the time. just gotta get all this out 2 some1 i think will understand i've been holding it in but i'm ready 2 burst b/c i get sad and angry and just generally frustrated.

Go to your school counselor and school nurse with this problem and they will make sure your parents have to take care of you and get you medical testing and treatment.

If that doesn't work, report them for emotional abuse to child protective services.

You don't need your parents to make an appointment with a doctor. You can do that yourself, and if there is a problem, you'll have documentation. I think that rather than blow this out of proportion, you probably both need to calm down before you can speak reasonably to one another. If you're really unhappy, finish out the semester and leave school until you know what you want to do. Then pay for the education yourself when you've figured it out.

Laura

You don't need your parents to make an appointment with a doctor. You can do that yourself, and if there is a problem, you'll have documentation. I think that rather than blow this out of proportion, you probably both need to calm down before you can speak reasonably to one another. If you're really unhappy, finish out the semester and leave school until you know what you want to do. Then pay for the education yourself when you've figured it out.

Laura

she's a minor. she cannot make an appointment for herself.

Then I recommend making an appointment with a counselor or guidance counselor. If your hearing loss is affecting your grades, they'll speak to your parents and explain it on your behalf.

Laura

I think that she may try to get a court order that require to get hearing test or any treatment.

Its a beech when parents won't believe you. Been there and took physical abuse because of it. Even with the evidence of a hearing test they wouldn't believe though. Had. To take me to a shrink and get me doped up to see if I was faking. Ahhh, sweet family of mine
Why not ask ur bf dad to take you to a hearing center? Some will do the basic test free.mybe where ur bf dad gets his hearing aids, test?

i thought the school system can help students. like tell your counselor you want an individual education plan (IEP) written up to include a hearing test, have you sit in the front row in all classes, have someone make copies of their class notes in each class, etc...have parents and yourself attend the IEP meeting. your hearing would have to be tested then!

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

rough situation, i agree with others If your sister older than you can you confide in her and she go dr with you

I went through this at age 14 myself....after 2 surgeries and became deaf. Believe my mother (now deceased) didn't want to believe I was "Deaf"...and would tell me to do something, and I would not understand, or my back was turned....She would fly into a rage about it....

Seems she couldn't accept the fact, or face the reality that I was now Deaf and nothing could be done about it......

Perhaps having a "sit down" with all the family and talk about this?.....

Most speech therapist in schools can perform a very basic hearing screening. If you go to your counselor you can see if they would do that first. Then, at least here in my area, the district sets up an appointment with the district audiologist.

she's 12. im 15. i usually can confide in her but she's w/ mom on this one

at 15 in this country you can see gp...maybe you can go on your own tell dr and he write to your mum.have you got aunt uncle cozins talk to go dr with you..it unacceptable situation as you tell it....
i lot older than you but i still had mother who to this day makes no allowence to deafness and she ashamed of my epilepsey....so it is important this is dealt with,it may be simple problem with ears that can be sorted out

If that doesn't work, report them for emotional abuse to child protective services.

OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And maybe the end result of that might be that you could attend a deaf school or something........no kid deserves to live in an emotionally abusive situation!

Apparently it doesn't affect my grades enough for the school to worry about it. Never mind I got left behind today during a fire drill because I didn't hear the alarm, my grades are only one or two letter grades lower and choir, band, and cooking are all 100%s. I used to have straight A+s now some low Bs(83, 82, 80) a C(79) and 3 A+s. Band choir and cooking are all show up 4 class & get automatic 100s. With history the teacher gives everyone 50+ extra credit points. But, if it "doesnt affect my grades" then explain to me why for the past 7 years my lowest report card grade was a 99% and this year i suddenly have 83% in my best subject. i can say for sure adding one advanced class is not the reason. because i took advanced history until my 8th grade year when they cut it then put it back this year.besides history comes fairly easy to me math is my worst subject. my history teacher gives everyone 50 or more extra credit points for no reason. never mind i 'failed' 4 school hearing screenings last year. it doesn't affect my grades enough. but what if i just happen to be doing tons of studying outside of school and reading and notes on top of classwork and i try to keep up that way? just because im not failing all seven classes doesn't mean my grades are not dropping steadily, a few percentage points every other week. really????? this is really confusing.

mom found me flipping through an asl book i've had since middle school (i wanted to be an asl interpreter until last year now i'd rather be an audiologist) and she said " you are a hearing person in a hearing household and you will act as such " before taking it away.

Back