Really Freaking Irritated!

Go to your school nurse. She may have a simple hearing test machine in her office. My kid's elementary school did routine hearing tests of at least one grade each year and that's how we found out my daughter's porforated ear drum had not healed on its own (not that the nurse knew why my daughter didn't pass the hearing test).

Also, see your school counseler about your mom's "attitude".

mom found me flipping through an asl book i've had since middle school (i wanted to be an asl interpreter until last year now i'd rather be an audiologist) and she said " you are a hearing person in a hearing household and you will act as such " before taking it away.

THAT is very mentally and emotionally abusive. The reason I suggested looking into the Deaf School is that they have dorms, and it would be a way to escape the emotional abuse.....it doesn't sound like your mother would be open to counseling.......

And even thou you're not failing, you're still kinda struggling.....are you struggling socially? That could be another way to maybe transfer to the School for the Deaf. Social emotional development is very important too! I remember how bad high school was.........

Back