really BAD news, very sad day!

sequoias said:
He's my half brother, same dad and different mom. I call him a real brother because we were close to each other.

Yeah I have two half sister and brother, but I still think of them as my real brother and sister no matter if we have different mothers....

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better today, hang in there my friend :hug:

btw, Have a safe trip hon!

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your brother. If you need to talk I am here for you.
Hugs,
Leah

I feel more better than before, we had a funeral yesterday at Denny Creek, about 25 people showed up. I even met some relatives I never met before in my life, it was cool. We gathered up in a big circle holding hands telling our good stories about him, I even told mine in sign language and my mom interpreted for me. We took turns using a big wooden spoon to throw a spoonful of ash into the river and watch it dissolve into the water and we threw some cut flowers and watched it float away, we all were sad and cried. It was a really nice funeral, more natural and blend into the wilderness.

I just read about your brother's death today as I had been busy moving in the past week. I feel bad for what you're going through and will pray for you. Losing brother is hard on you. Remember your brother from good memories of how you enjoyed his visits, played with him, his smiles and laughs, etc in your heart.

sequoias said:
He's my half brother, same dad and different mom. I call him a real brother because we were close to each other.

Yeah, I have 2 half sisters due 2 different fathers.

My mother had 3 children with my father, then had other sister with 2nd husband then again had other sister with 3rd husband.

sequoias said:
I feel more better than before, we had a funeral yesterday at Denny Creek, about 25 people showed up. I even met some relatives I never met before in my life, it was cool. We gathered up in a big circle holding hands telling our good stories about him, I even told mine in sign language and my mom interpreted for me. We took turns using a big wooden spoon to throw a spoonful of ash into the river and watch it dissolve into the water and we threw some cut flowers and watched it float away, we all were sad and cried. It was a really nice funeral, more natural and blend into the wilderness.

I know how you feeling.

Alway remember him as your brother. Important is you have good memory about him.

why don't you make a shadow box and put all your memories with him. like photos, little trinkets, i have seen those being made now to remember a very special person.

Sequoias, have you looked into the SOLOS group that another AD member mentioned? I'm thinking it might be helpful, because they might be able to help you as you possibly go through the different stages of grieving.... again, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you turned to your AD friends for comfort and advice. Take care.

Back