Reading a book while walking?

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was encouraging my daughter read books every night. About last week, I notice my daughter begin read a book while she is walking around in my home? I told her, please to sit and read a book. She said comfortable walk around and read a book.

Because Today I did test myself read a book while walk but couldn't concentrate it?

Could I strict tell my daughter to sit and read books? :hmm:

If she is ok walking and reading, I would let her do it. Anyway that kids read more is good, I think.

heh i did read and walk same time not all the time but i find walking and reading little confortable than sit for too long.

it is mysterious as your daughter can do that

Well let's just say that sometimes I am so enthralled in a book that when I need to run to the bathroom I take it with me. And while doing so (walking to the bathroom) I can't take my eyes off it either...

Now that depends what you mean by she walks around the house reading...? Continuously or just occasionally, like me? Or when she is thirsty and unable to let go of the book? etc...

In that case I would only remind her not to do so (that's what my dad used to do) just to remind me that I might bump into something, fall and so on... I'm sure you get the picture ;)

But elseway, just let her read! Reading is good! :D

JamieLynn

But of course not while walking outside. Stephen King got run over while reading a book and walking by the roadside.

But of course not while walking outside. Stephen King got run over while reading a book and walking by the roadside.

Really!! :lol: I thought the man who drove the Van and wasn't paying attention on the road?

Glad that Stephen is okay!

Really!! :lol: I thought the man who drove the Van and wasn't paying attention on the road?

Glad that Stephen is okay!

I just looked that up and I think you are right. It was much more fun when I thought the famous writer got run over because of reading.:lol:

Let her be comfortable reading, maybe the book is soo good and she can't put it down :)

I walked around reading my entire childhood. People actually called me "Belle" because of how she walks around in Beauty and the Beast! I did it everywhere - outside, the grocery store, parking lots, school, while making food, etc. I would let her do it, but just remind her to be careful of surroundings when she is outside. :lol:

I tried that ONCE!!! And never ever again! :D
I was in my room and wanted to go to the living room to continue reading there. But I was stucked on a really exciting part.
BAM!
I was hitting the corner of a little table with my shinbone and that really HURTS!

:lol:

Over the years, I've always read a book while I was walking. More than half of the time, I've bumped myself into something and yet, I still do it anyway, haha.

I haven't read a book and walk at the same time for a long time now - Maybe I should try it again? :hmm: :lol:

I've walked while I read at times. When I'm walking on sidewalk that I know very well and I make sure I can see above the book to see where I was going while reading.

It's a common sense to be aware of your surrounding while you're zoned in something. Let your daughter read and walk... just tell her to be careful.

I've done reading while driving (easy reading books) on long road trips when I was alone. Only done it when there were less cars around. Crazy? Yep, I know.

I walked around reading my entire childhood. People actually called me "Belle" because of how she walks around in Beauty and the Beast! I did it everywhere - outside, the grocery store, parking lots, school, while making food, etc. I would let her do it, but just remind her to be careful of surroundings when she is outside. :lol:

I feel you!

I can not read and walk. I can not read and ride either. It throws my equilibrium off. Hence, The same effect as motion sickness.

Of course let your daughter feels comfortable whatever she is doing while she is reading a book.

I do that often. I do read book while walking, even in a car (only if we are on turnpike or expressway-never, never on back roads with curves), while taking a hot bubble bath, cooking, lying flat on the floor, reading in the bright sun, etc...We need to get up sometimes to walk around or do something while reading on your butt all day! I do read books if the room is very loud, or even many times I didnt realize that the room was getting dark. I always take my book with me where ever I go no matter what. I would read a book in a long line while standing :D We cannot blame those page-turner books that were must read and so hard to let go!!! Thanks to many excellent authors for those books that are hard to put down!!! :D

Oooo, I didn't know that Stephen King was reading a book while walking on roadside before he was hit. I hope it was not his manscript that he was carefully reading through for any errors and having his papers flying across the road :giggle: I am glad he was ok and back to his writing after his accident. He wrote Dreamcatcher while he was in the hospital. If he was not here today, he would never wrote that Duma Key which it was an excellent book!!! :cool2:

When I was a young kid, I used to walk around like in school or at home while reading my favorite series books called "Bobbsey Twins" and "Nancy Drew" series. Of course, I had to be careful and I don't remembered if I had bump into something or what. This is a long time ago. I used to love to read books and I was happy as a bookworm. Now I don't read books much any more just only occassionally whenever I feel like reading a book. I spend a lot of time reading newspapers more than books. Now with computer, that is reading for me. :D

Back