Raising Children

Of course not, allowance is different from bribery. An allowance teach kids about responsibilities and skills that will help them later in life when they have a job in the future or when they live on their own, their moms are not gonna be there to clean after themselves. :giggle: so they might as well know how to clean the house now while they can earn $$. :)

I wasnt sure cuz I couldnt remember much about allowance from my mom and if I was doing it all wrong, I would rather know now than later while my daughter is still young.

I agree allowances and rewarding does teaches responsibilities. They learn if they do a good job then they get rewarded.

Such as why people get up and go to work everyday. So they get Paid.

I also teach my kids to volunteer and do things for others without getting paid they get a sense of reward of doing something kind for nothing.

I did have my kids work on Thanksgiving day at place to feed the needy. Both of my kids did awesome helping. It made them proud. (AND ME)

SO my kids knows the difference and they know of contribution.

:giggle: My first son loves his pacifier he must have it, or he'll scream, the doctor recommend me to break the habit of pacifier at 6 months old, because the longer he rely on the pacifier the more attached he will be with the pacifier and it'lll be harder to take it away.

I'm like :eek: I don't think my son would be very happy to hear that, because he is already attached to it. So, I tried what the doctor suggested me to do, it went not too good, it was a bumping ride, then he made it through without it in a couple days without thinking about his pacifier. :lol: My second son never got attached to his pacifier, he rarely ever use it, so it was so much easier to take it away. (pieces of cake)

My middle one resorted to thumb-sucking when the pacifier was taken away. To this day, she still sucks her thumb.

i remember both of my and jolies boys stopped use pacifier when they was 6-7 months old ... our baby son started eating solid foods like corn etc when he was 9 months or so bec older bro feed him LOl...

about the discipline thing.. i tend to spoil them sometimes but i do discipline them if they stubborn... with older autism son he hates time out he wld cry if he get time out 2nd son always try sly his way around but me and his momma aint dumb lol... but i sometimes have soft heart.. just an sensitive father but they are wonderfull boys a father can ask for .. wont trade them for anything else.....

i grew up gettin allowances. from my parents and whole grandparents growing up working on farm, and my other grandpas septic business... and around their home and teach me to work.. and what its like when i growing up

Back