Raincoat or umbrella

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
During rainy day, what are you use? raincoat or umbrella or both?

For me, I prefer super, big umbrella.

I have a really nice hooded raincoat, but I like to have a big umbrella too. I mostly would wear the raincoat if it is cold besides also raining.

Never owned a raincoat or gloushes (rain shoes)...as for an umbrella....:giggle:...I've bought a million of them...the boys lose them all the time...tried to "hide one in my car"....still went missing....so a light jacket over my head has to do.

Right now - don't use any of them. When I had my HA's I used a rain hat.

Raincoats are too warm for South Florida and I can't hold an umbrella with the rollator.

Never owned a raincoat or gloushes (rain shoes)...as for an umbrella....:giggle:...I've bought a million of them...the boys lose them all the time...tried to "hide one in my car"....still went missing....so a light jacket over my head has to do.

Do you notice that umbrella won't work in hurricane?

My Gally brand umbrella got BLOWN AWAY during Hurricane Irene. :eek3:

Do you notice that umbrella won't work in hurricane?

My Gally brand umbrella got BLOWN AWAY during Hurricane Irene. :eek3:

Yeah....very funny when that happens...a strong gust of wind turning the umbrella inside out...and you getting soaked from the pelting rain...it's happened to me too....and the umbrella just rolling and rolling and rolling away....:giggle:

It depends on the weather, where I'm going, and what I'm wearing. Usually I use an umbrella, sometimes a hooded windbreaker jacket, and once in a while a yellow rain coat with a hood or yellow rain poncho and hood.

today i wore an ugly raincoat and too black umbrella for an hour. Finally they realize that the ball field was getting worse. Lucky for my boys team won the game.

I gave my umbrella to a homeless man . He hanged out at the park I always go to with my dog. I felt bad for the guy , he is no longer at the park . He lost a foot to horrible infection.

I gave my umbrella to a homeless man . He hanged out at the park I always go to with my dog. I felt bad for the guy , he is no longer at the park . He lost a foot to horrible infection.

Yeah, that's nice of you and that's horrible for him to lose a foot like that.

You know what's irony? When people go to the beach and it start to rain, people usually act like it's raining acid and run for their life to their car to get out of it.

Yeah....very funny when that happens...a strong gust of wind turning the umbrella inside out...and you getting soaked from the pelting rain...it's happened to me too....and the umbrella just rolling and rolling and rolling away....:giggle:

Yup, my shoe got wet because of bad flooding and my clothes are wet too.

It made me think that I was in Florida. :aw:

I dont need umbrella or rain jacket for quick walk in the rain. If I know that I will be staying outside in the rain all day then I will use rain jacket. Umbrella sucks.

Used to have an umbrella that you could put on your head...and it would fit in ur purse/pocketbook...even tho' you might look like a jerk wearing it....they sold like hot cakes...dunno what happened to mine tho'.

Used to have an umbrella that you could put on your head...and it would fit in ur purse/pocketbook...even tho' you might look like a jerk wearing it....they sold like hot cakes...dunno what happened to mine tho'.

I remember those!!!

Unless I'm going to be staying in one spot for a period of time (like a bus stop) 8 don't bother with an umbrella.
I wear a baseball cap (to keep the rain off my face) & hooded rain coat/jacket.

I use a raincoat. In Boston, umbrella's are pretty useless in rainy weather unless you're fortunate enough to have a bubble umbrella, which I had once before I forgot it on the train and it was never turned in to the lost and found.

I use an umbrella in sunny weather for protection from the sun.

Laura

Back