Questions for Moms to answer...

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
How do you know if your water breaks when you are taking a bath in the bath tub .. or even in the shower? What should it looks like and what are you supposed to do if it breaks during shower or taking a bath in the bathtub?

I don't have a shower..I live in a duplex apartment and I only have a bathtub. I am also 30 going on31 weeks pregnant. My pregnancy have been great and I think it ll be fine to full term but I have heard that babies don't always born on the due date.

Sorry about that. I am worried about that one and I need to make sure that I need to know things and to be prepared for anything even if it is the unexpected time for the baby to come.

I hope you don't mind. Thanks! :)

my guess is the mom would know by the change in weight on their bellies qq

im only guessing mind u Wildkatress due to my not being a mom of human kids -- i figure this based on friends' stories on how their waters broke and all that

*waits for the mommies of human kids to respond to this thread*

what about blood? shouldn't there be just a TINY dip of blood coming out?

no offense but just a wild guess anyway lol and yes I know I'm no girl but um...never mind.

I didn't take a bath after 30 weeks of pregnant because, I didn't want my water to break while I am taken a bath since it would be soo hard to know if my water broken or not...when I had my first child I did bleed but my second one came out with some fluid look bit like white type....but my 3rd came out clearly..so I would say depending....if I were you I wouldn't take a bath at 35 weeks

OK, My first born my water did not break until I was in car going to the hospital first I Had a strong contractions..then I Bleed alittle...It really depends on the person waterbreak is a very warm water flushing out of your..[you know] that means it's time...but, sometimes your water wont break on its own sometimes the dr. does it sometimes it flushed on it's own all at once or it will flush aliitle at a time not all at once depends on the person as I stated.... :thumb:

I'm very addiction bath tub all the time when I'm preggy.. As long you feel preggy broke water or not.. Just be careful.. when u feel comfy.
Do you know how get out of bathtub ?? Then will be fine no problem..
Mostly I held two hands lean on the bathtub and slow push up as slide up and get out the tub... easily than push harder and try stand up.. too hard to get you out of tub.. Only the way likely slide way to get out the tub.. I did doing this 1st, 2nd and 3rd.. so far no problem..

If you feel concern about this.. as long you can try talk out with nurse at er um.. I dunno what called for .. ahh oh yes.. lamanze course.. wha..ever sp!

I hasn't learned from lamanze course from 1st preggy.. None of it..
Here's example picture...(just fast and draw simple plain) Hope you undy this pic. ((chuckles))

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
If you broke your water, you should feel very very warm inside coming out, or will notice blood coming out or contraction as you can't miss it.

Be careful with the tub. I am surprised the apartment does not provide you a shower.

Good Luck. :)

BullyMom, I Thought you are not allow to take a bath in late terms of pregnancy cuz the doctor says it can get germs inside of you and can make the baby sick...that's what I Was told... ;)

Cheri said:
BullyMom, I Thought you are not allow to take a bath in late terms of pregnancy cuz the doctor says it can get germs inside of you and can make the baby sick...that's what I Was told... ;)

Nope...
None of it..
Very Healthier so far.. Doctor checked me pap and to check preggy term.. Everything went fine..
1st preggy went fine and smooth well.. Healthly baby boy...
2nd preggy went fine and smooth so beautiful healthly baby girl
3rd preggy went fine and smooth soooo beautiful handsome healthly baby boy..

None caught from germs at all..
I do not believe doctor says about can get germs inside of you come from bathtub.. None of true...

Some doctors say fine you can use bathtub.. as long you must "be careful" near birthing.. and make sure you must feel if broke .. Must get out of bathtub..

No Difference some of women who wants birthing in the tub or special big tub for baby birthing.. I've read the article of the papers cuz midwife is helping some of women having birthing too..

No Difference some of women who wants birthing in the tub or special big tub for baby birthing.. I've read the article of the papers cuz midwife is helping some of women having birthing too..

yes, that is soo true Bullymom, I Agree with you..

Yeah I ve read magazine about pregnant should not stay in the tub becasue of the dirty water that goes in.

I agree if that is myth or true.. As long as you go to doctor and it should be okay. :)

I'm allowed to take bath until 41 weeks pregnant as long as I don't put jazzucci spa on!

And I did asked the Gyn/Obs that I would like to deliver my 3rd baby in bath but I change my mind at the last minute lol

Broken water is like warm water flushing like a waterfall - lol - much more than urine's, and its unbelievable, and what worst, I don't have any contractions for 24 hours since water broken, because of its danger to my unborn baby's life, I was on the drip to induced the labour!!

Second baby, same happen, but it was leaky ALL day, wet my knickers! - Also it was on her due date, so I went to hospital with NO contractions pain and they examined it and said I am on labour! Again, Gyn/Obs induced the labour!

I wish you all the best, you will be fine!

Bath & Germ? mmmhhh! I never heard about this.
mmmmhhhhhh! There´re some difference between 1st & 2nd pregnancy I had an experience with broken water.
I took bath until 9 months pregnant with 2 sons with no complication.
During 1st pregnancy, like what RedRum´s description over broken water like a waterfall... It also wet my knickers, too are an exactly same! I didn´t know it´s "broken water to labour" because it´s no blood shown but water. I had it almost all day then the labour pain begin. I took bath dozens
times a day during 36 hours labour pain to reduce labour pain. I was relax as long as I like on the bath. It begin pain again when the nurse asked me to get out of the bath for the check cm then go back to bath again when the cm didn´t open yet. cm stay unopen so they decided to take my big & healthy baby out with the help from the caesarean to save the risk life between me & my child.
During 2nd pregnancy, you can feel something like gentle "bomb" in your stomach then something very warm comes out from your virginal then you can
see blood...then labour pain begin straight way after water broken with blood. I had it... I also took the bath the same as 1st pregnancy, too
during 5 & half hours labour pain. It´s natural birth, not caesarean like my 1st child.
Honsetly, I had an experience with 2 babies. I took the bath & also during labour pain, too. Nothing do with "germ", etc.
I would recommend you to check with your midwife over your doubt, then she will be happy to advise you how to take care of your unborn baby. Every
doctors/midwives have different opinions to take care of unborn babies.

You will forget everything how you had been through with labour pain when you hold your first baby. It´s lovely feeling, I tell you.
I wish you best of good luck. I know you´ll be fine when you get the support from your hubby & midwife...

I never went through labor with both boys, with my 2nd son, false labor many times.. (Braxton Hicks) and had c-section with both. I don't know about this third one on way, wait and see.. heh..

My experience was quick and painful.
I was induced, (forced labour), after being medicated, my contractions started at 1pm.
By 4pm I was screaming for drugs. The doctors waited for my water to break, but it never did, so they ended up having to do it for me.
At 7:02, my first daughter was born, 7:10 my second daughter was born.

Wow, that's an interesting questions and interesting answers.

I have had three births so far, and the first two did not break natually. (Actually, the first one the sack popped open (I can feel the popping) and water was pouring out while I was sitting in a recliner at the hospital with the induce assistance.) The last one broke in a very small amount. No blood coming out, but painful contractions at that time. I was in bed (4:00am) when it actually broke. I did not realize it until I got up at 5:00am and went to take a short bath to cleanse myself. I didn't really notice that the water had broken. I got out and dried myself... still felt wetness coming out slowly so I sat on the toilet for a while... trying to get myself dried up, but it won't let me, so I thought, OK, I'm going to the hospital. Finally the baby born four hours later! WHEW! No blood at all at all births except right after the baby came out.

To answer your question, it's kinda hard to tell if the water has broke while taking a shower or bath. But remember every woman have their own different experience, so really I cannot tell you exact what to expect. All my births were totally different from each other, imagine that!

Back