Question for Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

x10oT

Reaction score
Can I become a moderator of this forum?

Well, this is Alex's decision. It's him who choose his members here he can trust to.

We cant ask him to give us job as Moderator. It's his own decision. :mrgreen:

x10oT said:
Can I become a moderator of this forum?

Well, I am having problem with one of Moderators here lately!! :evil:

Tamara said:

If you have a problem with one of the moderators here, then I suggest you to pm that mod instead of posting it in the open forum.... :roll:

Tamara said:
If you're having a problem with a particular moderator, you can either PM him directly and resolve it with him/her... or PM the administrator, Alex.

Liebling:-))) said:
Well, this is Alex's decision. It's him who choose his members here he can trust to.

We cant ask him to give us job as Moderator. It's his own decision. :mrgreen:
Yep. The last time he started assigning people as moderators out of the blue, they started abusing their powers by modifying members' posts for pleasure and other things.

^Angel^ said:
If you have a problem with one of the moderators here, then I suggest you to pm that mod instead of posting it in the open forum.... :roll:

Thank you ^Angel^ for your wonderful suggestion, but, It is hard to pm a moderator when I don't know which one has done the editing!!!!! :roll:

Tamara said:
Thank you ^Angel^ for your wonderful suggestion, but, It is hard to pm a moderator when I don't know which one has done the editing!!!!! :roll:

I thought it was standard procedure for the moderator who edits, etc anyone's post to e-mail the poster and tell him/her the reason for the editing and/or removal.

Tamara said:

I PM one of Moderators to find out why he/she removed my post. They tell me to forward to which moderator or admin who did my post. I got him/her to explain me with reasons until I give him/her right why they removed my post. I would forward Moderator's explanation message to Alex if I feel I'm disagree what they did with my post. This is a simple.

Tousi said:
I thought it was standard procedure for the moderator who edits, etc anyone's post to e-mail the poster and tell him/her the reason for the editing and/or removal.
It's not a standard rule and moderators can't be PMing members every time a thread/post is edited or removed.

Vampy, then that must mean that infractions happen too often to allow time for moderators to extend the courtesy of an e-mail, right?

Tousi said:
Vampy, then that must mean that infractions happen too often to allow time for moderators to extend the courtesy of an e-mail, right?
No, I'm not saying that it happens all the time. But, almost every time I do PM someone... they will say "Oh, you don't need to tell me."

First, I make an effort to PM a member every time I edit/delete a post/thread. I notice that a lot of people reply saying that it's not necessary. I then reduce it. No one says a thing for two years... with the exception of a few. Those few simply PMed us and asked us why and we replied with the reason. When we reply with a reason, they reply that they understand and there are no hard feelings towards those issues.

VamPyroX said:
No, I'm not saying that it happens all the time. But, almost every time I do PM someone... they will say "Oh, you don't need to tell me."

First, I make an effort to PM a member every time I edit/delete a post/thread. I notice that a lot of people reply saying that it's not necessary. I then reduce it. No one says a thing for two years... with the exception of a few. Those few simply PMed us and asked us why and we replied with the reason. When we reply with a reason, they reply that they understand and there are no hard feelings towards those issues.

This is good, but I really do think the moderators should make it a practice to PM the person and tell them why an action is taken against them. Sometimes, it's blatantly obvious. We know it when we've crossed a line, for instance. However, sometimes, the reason an action is taken may not be so obvious. It's these instances where it would be nice if the mods gave an explanation. You might make a practice to do this, Vampy. But, it sounds like some of the other mods don't. This could cause hard feelings.

Oceanbreeze said:
This is good, but I really do think the moderators should make it a practice to PM the person and tell them why an action is taken against them. Sometimes, it's blatantly obvious. We know it when we've crossed a line, for instance. However, sometimes, the reason an action is taken may not be so obvious. It's these instances where it would be nice if the mods gave an explanation. You might make a practice to do this, Vampy. But, it sounds like some of the other mods don't. This could cause hard feelings.

Mods can't always let a member know that they removed a post or thread or any actions whatsoever, if the member know when they cross the line, and not seeing their posts or thread or it has been edit whatever, then why bother wondering where it went when a member know exactly what rule they broke?

I've had my share of posts and threads removed, and I don't make a big fuss about it unless I see nothing wrong with a post I had created...

Also the rule set here is loud and clear for mods to follow, if you have a problem with a rule here maybe it would be best to take it up to Alex but then again I see nothing wrong with how the rules set here, since its Alex forum and he can set any rules as he feels...I believe the rules set here is fair enough and see nothing to complain about!

Here are the basic ground rules that will be enforced on the Forum. The Administrator (Me) and moderators reserve the right to remove, edit or move posts without explanation. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Forum Rules

Tamara said:

It happened to me before, when I noticed serveral of my posts was removed and I knew I did nothing wrong or broke any rules, so I asked one mod, and that mod did not removed my posts in that thread, then I went up to Alex about it, and found out another mod removed it by an accident, so I let it go and didn't make a fuss about it either...

I had some of my post edit too, when I go a bit too far on how I come across to another member here so I don't question them about why they edit it unless I see nothing wrong then of course I question a mod or Alex about why it was edit but most of the time, I'm the one who should watch what I type!..... :D

maybe mods and alex could find something where it would be easier on mods and alex so when they edit OR remove... it would send pm to that person automaticially? like snail letters from companies... they dont personalize their letters everyone get exact same letter... so the automatic pms just to inform them that their post is removed or being edited ... simple as that and if that person felt it was a mistake they could pm mod for more details? hm ill have to look into software stuff to see if such a thing exsist.

SpiceHD said:
maybe mods and alex could find something where it would be easier on mods and alex so when they edit OR remove... it would send pm to that person automaticially? like snail letters from companies... they dont personalize their letters everyone get exact same letter... so the automatic pms just to inform them that their post is removed or being edited ... simple as that and if that person felt it was a mistake they could pm mod for more details? hm ill have to look into software stuff to see if such a thing exsist.
intresting suggestion i like that spice....

and my only concerns are for touchy issues and they are left in general chats, i think it should be moved to the on topic debates so this way that topic is mandated to stay on topic! for example "catch me if you can ( bobby berry)" or Fl issue with Terri Shavio ( sp sorry) thoise should be in the on topic section IMO this way no one will derail the thread and if it is then that thread can get locked for like an hr to let the last say 5 posters who derailed it can discuss the case and resolve it and unlock it and get back on topic... just my 2 cent here... cuz those threads are VERY hot topic and very oriented and poeple do have concerns yes and i respect that... but u see general chat.. anyone can go off topic unless requested not to do that... thats my 2cent also.....

as for the moderators they have done a good job and i praise thier hard work all it needs is a bit of tweaking and stronger team players too so that everyone is on the same page and knowing theres no mistakes but hey we're entiled to them.. and to make sure we're aware of issues that might get out of hand like those 2 topics i mentioned. that's my thoughts.......

Yeah, I can read and understand what you guys are tryin' to say here...but, there's ONE thing that really bothers me the most and I am sure it is not only me, but to some ADers as well. There's a "conflict of interest" involved in AD. I don't like to see some certain members takin' over and act like MODS when they are not moderators for heaven's sake ! These certain members need to stop actin' like one. It doesn't matter, if these certain members say that they are just tryin' to help. That's conflict of interest !
I am sure it is the same thing with the lawyers when one is involved with "conflict of interest" and that person can't help with other client. It's where the "line is drew". ( Draw the line ) It's the moderators' job, not the ADers'.

Well, to be honest every time the Moderators left a comment about how to ignored a person who upsets you, Some people here for couple months have been bashing, cussing and hurting other members feelings without the thought of them not seeing that they are breaking the rules of AllDeaf, I am not trying to be a moderator, But I am aware that AllDeaf been going out of hands with members who are not listening to the moderators. Every time I am out of town, I came back someone is banned, several threads already been locked, a member quit or a few members were hurt from the insulting that someone did. It breaks my heart to see this when I return from out of town.:(

And another thing it's a turn off when I open a thread and read a topic and scroll down I see people bashing, cussing, don't want to give advice because they don't like this person. When people go across this forum and read thread, they are going to come across some of members posts and seeing all this drama. It's not necessary. If this is gotta cost me friends, then be it, because I dislike to see drama, I dislike to see people leaving AllDeaf, I dislike people's feeling getting hurt. I care about everybody and I don't want to have to choose my friend's side over someone who is hurting. I just want everyone to get along, Is that wrong for me to feel that way? If anyone felt offended by my posts, Feel free to pm me, I tried to come across in a nice way, sometimes I don't think what I've posted that might hurt someone's feelings, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I just want to see the old AllDeaf that used to be, Where everyone got along, we had some great laughters, shared our stories together. I want that back again. Thank you for your time on reading this. :grouphug: :ily:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back