Question about the hearing

Wynonna

Reaction score
If you cold name something hearing people do that annoys you, or you find rude what would that thing be? A frequently asked question, something they do, (like yell) something else?
Thanks.

turn backs or put hand over face, look down when talking, look at something and talking about something else bite nails and talk at sametime
most of the time people forget or habits.. deaf people are direct it way it is, a hearing person can find it little daunting..Dont look for the bad that people do or you never see the good

When I'm not included in study groups with my engineering classes. Its visual and I can do everything they can do just as well. And also people looking down at my paper when trying to explain something to me. I can lip read.

I probably am more annoying to my hearing husband than he is to me. He is also nicer and doesn't tell me I am annoying.

If you cold name something hearing people do that annoys you, or you find rude what would that thing be? A frequently asked question, something they do, (like yell) something else?
Thanks.

Hearing people constantly coming here and asking what is annoying about hearing people.

Then they get all upset if anybody actually tells them.

Mostly though, hearing people who can't search just a little for the multiple threads on the same topic.

But why get mad if you're gonna ask?

I thought people asked questions to learn.

Hmmm :/ disappointing.

But why get mad if you're gonna ask?

I thought people asked questions to learn.

Hmmm :/ disappointing.

Because hearing people always share the same thing and we get tire of that. So one of our AD member put the thread out for them to read about annoying about hearing people against the d/Deaf and Hard Of Hearing. Sometime we get mad or we roll our eyes at their comments. :roll:

Oh no bebonag, I understand that. It makes sense.

I was talking about hearing people asking and then getting offended when they get what they don't want to hear. Sounds counterproductive if you ask me.

Oh no bebonag, I understand that. It makes sense.

I was talking about hearing people asking and then getting offended when they get what they don't want to hear. Sounds counterproductive if you ask me.

Yeah, I tried to tell the hearing people in the introduction forum that they have to take the ASL class with Deaf Culture if they want to make friends with Deaf people. The thing is that they need to do that before you start making friend with Deaf people. Otherwise, they would just be turn off or be offend by the hearing people.

Yes, you are right that they sounds counterproductive. :(

But then again it won't matter can't hear it anyways .. To much work to try to listen they always think your being rude when your not just can't hear them ..

Since I play on a certain popular MMO game, I get annoyed when people ask me if I can read (yes, they ask me that online), and then they ask me how do I know how to play. It gets annoying, but I can understand why they'd ask , since most of the time they tend to talk to each other through a voice program. Oh well.

Hearing people constantly coming here and asking what is annoying about hearing people.

Then they get all upset if anybody actually tells them.
Well, I find this thread very informative.
Not only for the research for my project in ASL class, but, also what I have to look forward to in the future. (bones in my middle ear are separating)

Well, I find this thread very informative.
Not only for the research for my project in ASL class, but, also what I have to look forward to in the future. (bones in my middle ear are separating)

Ok. They replace them with titanium.

Ok. They replace them with titanium.
Titanium ear bones?!?! I like the sound of that. (Ha!!! That's very punny)
Last time I told what needed done though, they said I need to wait until they seperate completely. They don't want to do it while I still have some hearing left, because if it goes wrong, I risk loosing all hearing. In other words, wiat until ther4e is nothing left to loose.....
Also, I wonder if Obomma-care covers it? I'm so poor right now, Well, you know the old saying about the church-mouse? I make the mouse look like Donald Trump!

Titanium ear bones?!?! I like the sound of that. (Ha!!! That's very punny)
Last time I told what needed done though, they said I need to wait until they seperate completely. They don't want to do it while I still have some hearing left, because if it goes wrong, I risk loosing all hearing. In other words, wiat until ther4e is nothing left to loose.....
Also, I wonder if Obomma-care covers it? I'm so poor right now, Well, you know the old saying about the church-mouse? I make the mouse look like Donald Trump!

Pretty sure it will be covered. It's quite a common and very successful surgery for a lot of people.

Back