question about taxes!!!

ILoveTarget

Reaction score
hi. this my first year to file taxes because i was under 18 before. i saw link to deaf tax preperation on the forum but i can't afford it. 175 too expensive!!! do you think i can do my own taxes online? do you know how much hr block is? or other tax preperation. i so confused about taxes. lol. how do i know if i owe taxes or get tax refund. if i owe taxes can i get payment plan because i don't have enough money to pay now. thank you for answering questions. i think other people might have same questions!!! :ty:

if you have a job, no house payments, no kids, maybe a college loan, then you can fill out the form by hand by getting the 1040 short form and just go through one line by one line. then do your state too. If this is too complicated, you can buy the tax cut or turbo tax basic and just follow the simple , easy to understand questions and then send it via mail or electronically. If you got a kid, or bought a house or own stocks and sold some, got lots of cd's, savings interest, you can use the deluxe version of turbo tax or tax cut. When I first did my taxes, I was 17 and did it the old fashioned way. Went thru HR block once and i thought it was a waste of money, They didn't find anymore tax breaks then I did, but still had to pay them. sigh. Now i use turbo tax for almost 10 years now and I LOOOVE it. I bought various versions over the years as my needs, or financial situations changes. SO I can positively can say , you can do it yourself without fear of of not being able to do your own taxes.:cool2:

just simple.. if you have a job from jan 08 to dec 08, then you fill out 1040 form..

i know i dont like to fill out myself on tax form.. i am jealous of eurpo they dont have to! thier gov take care of it!

If you have a job, your employer should mail you a W-2 form. Just fill out the associated boxes on your 1040 as instructed by radioman.

just use turbotax. I just filed it yesterday... costs me $35

just use turbotax. I just filed it yesterday... costs me $35

yes - its the easy way out -BUT, i recommend filling out the taxes at least once the old fashioned way whe you get a job, before you start buying things like a house, driving around on the job, raising kids etc. This way you can fully appreiacate all the simple questions turbo tax asks you and do things automatically. Also IF by any chance you realize something is wrong with the amount you have, you can double check the hard way yourself , just to be safe. You dont want to be too dependant on companies to write the tax software and give it to you and there is a biiig mistake in the taxes, you can be still held liable, not turbotax.

yes - its the easy way out -BUT, i recommend filling out the taxes at least once the old fashioned way whe you get a job, before you start buying things like a house, driving around on the job, raising kids etc. This way you can fully appreiacate all the simple questions turbo tax asks you and do things automatically. Also IF by any chance you realize something is wrong with the amount you have, you can double check the hard way yourself , just to be safe. You dont want to be too dependant on companies to write the tax software and give it to you and there is a biiig mistake in the taxes, you can be still held liable, not turbotax.

do it on paper? oh hell no! I ain't doing no damn calculation and crap. I'll make MORE mistake than the flaw by turbotax. beside... it doesn't bother me much about mistake or whatsoever cuz I'm not that rich. But if i were, I'd just hire me an accountant. :cool2:

I'm surprised that nobody has said anything about going online to do taxes. Go to irs.gov and from there, they will give you few online places to go and do taxes there. Best part is it's free.

I never done the online, I do the old way tax. It's easy. It's not much I owe them.

I never done the online, I do the old way tax. It's easy. It's not much I owe them.

paper? easy? hmm.... sounds like 0......0.......0........0........0......0......
Total Amount Tax Owed: $0

and turbotax fee costs more than that...
sorry just poking fun :wave:

paper? easy? hmm.... sounds like 0......0.......0........0........0......0......
Total Amount Tax Owed: $0

and turbotax fee costs more than that...
sorry just poking fun :wave:

TurboTax online is free.. that is what I used and didn't cost me a penny.

TurboTax is great!!! I recommend you try it and see how you like using it.

I've filed a few times using Turbo but now use an accountant due to all multiple tax returns between two of us, and the two businesses.

It's quite easy to do. :)

All you need is a 1040... depending on if you're single and a few other things. :)

I had filed first 1040 in last year and it's not hard to do, you need follow the instruction and look at your W-2 form, also if you don't understand then ask your friend or relative to help you.

Don't bother go to HR, they are ripped off.

foxrac yes dont go any tax services!! they are really rip off! yup.. oh well..

but what if i am having own a busniess, is it risk to fill out? or too much complicated? or what?
i wonder.. and how do to that! i bet it would be alot of work.. is it?
just wonder..

Back