Question about DVD-RW

x10oT

Reaction score
If I purchase a computer with DVD-RW.. will its always include with CD-RW?? Can I burn CD-R on DVD-RW??

I think you can run your DVD player like a CD player. It's probably like those ZIP drives. They have ZIP-100, ZIP-150, and ZIP-250. If you have a ZIP-100, you can only fit a 100MB disk in it. Not a 250MB or 150MB. However, with a ZIP-250... you can fit a 100MB, 150MB, and 250MB disk in it. Since DVD drives are 1.6GB, you can probably do the same since CDs are less. ;)

Which computer you will purchasing? If DVD-RW drive has "combo" or CD-RW labeled, it means it could burning any CD-ROM discs no matter how you throw at. Mine was DVD Combo doing CD-RW but it dont burn DVDs. Most drives are different from other like writing/burning speeds.

VamPyroX said:
I think you can run your DVD player like a CD player. It's probably like those ZIP drives. They have ZIP-100, ZIP-150, and ZIP-250. If you have a ZIP-100, you can only fit a 100MB disk in it. Not a 250MB or 150MB. However, with a ZIP-250... you can fit a 100MB, 150MB, and 250MB disk in it. Since DVD drives are 1.6GB, you can probably do the same since CDs are less. ;)
blank dvd-r discs are 4.7gb

Yeah, don’t worry about it. I think all DVD burners will do CD’s too. I’ve never seen one that doesn’t. One thing you might want to consider though—now that dual-sided DVD burners are coming out, you might as well get one. It makes ripping DVD’s ridiculously easy. Now, instead of going through the whole long process of ripping the movie, converting the .vob files to MPEG, and then back to DVD compatible files, all you have to do is use SmartRipper in backup mode to rip all the files from the disc, and then use Nero to burn them onto a blank. Two steps and you’re done, and you have everything—extras, subtitles, menus—everything that was on the original.

yes u can burn cd with dvd burner. i have my samsung oem 16x Double Layer DVD±RW Internal IDE Drive. it works beautifully. it comes with cd included several good softwares like NERO 6.0.

check this link. that is what i have.

if u plan to burn dvds, then i recommend u to get dvd shrink or dvd decrypter. both are free softwares.

Or you can buy DVD put into modern. I think it about 50.00 to cheaper. You have to ask the computer support to help you and to put into your modern to get part of your DVD-RW! I hope you enjoy it! Yes, it can be use videotape, copy movie anytime. Enjoy it! But, CD-RW is for copy of saving the Picture, save as office XP whatever you use it. I think maybe can use copy of the program?

Back