Question about Blackberry from AT&T

Moto Q9h have the best review over all smartphones so it a good choice. There is lots of third party apps for it and yes I have use youtube on WM OS.

You should be able to get that on TAP plan.

Blackberry is excellent PDA too but I don't think it can be on TAP plan thou.

Where I get TAP? Link?

Where I get TAP? Link?

Hearing Aid Compatibility and wireless phones | AT&T wireless services

near bottom of the page

29.99 a month unlimited data and 5,000 txt messages

Just call or email them and they will send you application.

You fill out application and put your phone number on and you will need doctor sign say you are hearing impaired or deaf then you can mail or fax application back then they will switch your regular plan to TAP plan automatically for you.

I had problem with Sprint, I tried make plan to order via online and they does charge as voice plan, data plan and text messaging plan in combined, data plan for BB was $50 since AT&T offers $30 via online. I was very confused at Sprint about how order would work.

Does I need go to Sprint store to buy BB with $30 monthly plan? How I can get $30 monthly plan from Sprint?

I'm surprised that BB from Sprint use EVDO.

Some members said Sprint has cons, such as bad charge on consumers, like Garnet said.

No you simply apply it online. at Sprint Relay this site is for only deaf and hoh.

Hearing Aid Compatibility and wireless phones | AT&T wireless services

near bottom of the page

29.99 a month unlimited data and 5,000 txt messages

Just call or email them and they will send you application.

You fill out application and put your phone number on and you will need doctor sign say you are hearing impaired or deaf then you can mail or fax application back then they will switch your regular plan to TAP plan automatically for you.

Ok, thanks. :)

That's right or you could consider AT&T's new program TAP2 that has unlimited data and 5,000 text messages plus unlimited M2M (Mobile to Mobile) Messaging package for $34.99/mo. That is what I have now on my Moto Q9h. So far, I still love my phone more! I would encourage you to visit Motorola Q and Moto Q 9h accessories and software - Everything Motorola Q to find tons of cool stuff you could do more with your Q9h. I always go to forum section to read stuff about apps there :thumb:

Congrats on acquiring your Q9h! You won't regret it after you get used to it. More new phones are growing toward to Windows Mobile platforms with fast 3G technology, anyway. Our Q9hs are actually running on blazing speed of 3.6G HSDPA, dude! BB is just another POS going on as fad right now in deaf community after sidekicks era. :giggle: That's just my own opinion.

How I can use my Moto Q 9h as modem? using via Mac OS X?

How I can use my Moto Q 9h as modem? using via Mac OS X?

I am not sure but if Mac OS X can accept internet sharing then try this.

Go to Motorola Q Forum | Everything Q - View Single Post - Tethering Moto Q 9H with AT&T

Download ICS.zip file (you probably need to register first)

unzip the ICS.zip and you will see a file inside named "URPREY-ICS.cab"

Transfer that cab file to your Moto Q9h run URPREY-ICS.cab and it will install a shortcut on start menu called Internet Sharing or something like that. AT&T orders Moto to remove shortcut so people can't tether to laptop so that why you install to put shortcut back on.

Connect USB to laptop then click on Internet Sharing in Start menu

But again I am not sure if MAC can do ICS but I think I did read on forum that Mac can do support ICS so it doesn't hurt to try out and see and let us know if it works or not!

Good Luck!

Oh one more thing I am on TAP plan and I tether a lot when I travel so beware if you are not on TAP and I don't know if AT&T will charge you extra for tether on regular plans. I never got extra charge on my TAP plan for tether to my laptop thou. So just to warn you in advance.

I am not sure but if Mac OS X can accept internet sharing then try this.

Go to Motorola Q Forum | Everything Q - View Single Post - Tethering Moto Q 9H with AT&T

Download ICS.zip file (you probably need to register first)

unzip the ICS.zip and you will see a file inside named "URPREY-ICS.cab"

Transfer that cab file to your Moto Q9h run URPREY-ICS.cab and it will install a shortcut on start menu called Internet Sharing or something like that. AT&T orders Moto to remove shortcut so people can't tether to laptop so that why you install to put shortcut back on.

Connect USB to laptop then click on Internet Sharing in Start menu

But again I am not sure if MAC can do ICS but I think I did read on forum that Mac can do support ICS so it doesn't hurt to try out and see and let us know if it works or not!

Good Luck!

Oh one more thing I am on TAP plan and I tether a lot when I travel so beware if you are not on TAP and I don't know if AT&T will charge you extra for tether on regular plans. I never got extra charge on my TAP plan for tether to my laptop thou. So just to warn you in advance.

via moto q

I got it and thanks for helping.

Have you use opera mobile? Its seems quence alot when its load the website then cause to stop the loading like struck at 26/43 image and keep quence alot then I changed to use IE and notice no quence error like opera does.

What kind of browser that you recommended for me?

via moto q

I got it and thanks for helping.

Have you use opera mobile? Its seems quence alot when its load the website then cause to stop the loading like struck at 26/43 image and keep quence alot then I changed to use IE and notice no quence error like opera does.

What kind of browser that you recommended for me?

Yes I like Opera Mobile but sound like you are out of memory so maybe need to get media card and set browser cache to media card.

Opera is coming out with a new version in very soon.

And there is Netfront browser still in beta but avaliable for testing if you want to try NetFrontâ„¢ Browser v3.5

Also there will be another new browser coming out soon called skyfire - Welcome to Skyfire! so keep an eye out for it.

Yes I like Opera Mobile but sound like you are out of memory so maybe need to get media card and set browser cache to media card.

Opera is coming out with a new version in very soon.

And there is Netfront browser still in beta but avaliable for testing if you want to try NetFrontâ„¢ Browser v3.5

Also there will be another new browser coming out soon called skyfire - Welcome to Skyfire! so keep an eye out for it.

I checked on Opera"s setting and said 2,000k in cache, need increase to 10,000k?

I do have microSD with 4GB, how set as cache in microSD?

Opera is preinstalled with Moto Q and located in main device's memory.

I checked on Opera"s setting and said 2,000k in cache, need increase to 10,000k?

I do have microSD with 4GB, how set as cache in microSD?

Opera is preinstalled with Moto Q and located in main device's memory.

What version Opera?

You would need to look in folder \Application Data\Opera if there a file named Opera.ini and edit Opera.ini to move cache to storage card.

I believe you will find either

Cache Directory=
or
Cache Directory4=

Edit it to

Cache Directory=\Storage Card\Temp
(you will need to create a folder on storage card "microSD" named "\Temp")
or
Cache Directory4=\Storage Card\Application Data\Opera\cache4
(you need to create folder "\Application Data\Opera\cache4" on storage card)

Not sure which ones but one of them.

What version Opera?

You would need to look in folder \Application Data\Opera if there a file named Opera.ini and edit Opera.ini to move cache to storage card.

Cache Directory=
or
Cache Directory4=

Edit it to

or

I have Opera 8.65

What version Opera?

Cache Directory=
or
Cache Directory4=

Edit it to

or

It seems too difficult for me to figure out then I decided to download Opera 8.65 from Opera website and install on storage card then it works better than main device's memory.

I cannot transfer or remove the preinstalled Opera from main device's memory and tried use remove program but no luck.

It seems too difficult for me to figure out then I decided to download Opera 8.65 from Opera website and install on storage card then it works better than main device's memory.

I cannot transfer or remove the preinstalled Opera from main device's memory and tried use remove program but no luck.

Ah ok if it works on storage card then that good!

But soon will new browsers coming out for WM6 and much better with good MultiMedia supports like iPhone. Keep an eye out for those I provide link earlier.

I think Skyfire will be a very good browser when it become avaliable to public.

Ah ok if it works on storage card then that good!

But soon will new browsers coming out for WM6 and much better with good MultiMedia supports like iPhone. Keep an eye out for those I provide link earlier.

I think Skyfire will be a very good browser when it become avaliable to public.

Yup, I got it.

Now, I prefer to keep preinstalled Opera in main device's memory because of need use for media net or ATT mall.

What about IE?

Yup, I got it.

Now, I prefer to keep preinstalled Opera in main device's memory because of need use for media net or ATT mall.

What about IE?

IE is ok for basic browsing but for java and xhtml support I would go with Opera or one of the other better browser when they become avaliable.

Back