Question about bisexuality

never heard of the term? where do you live? a farm? It's a known term for us city slickers. I wasn't sure what rockdrummer meant when he said "....but i'm not a professional either." Professional what? so I threw in a humor. too bad you're lacking in sense of humor
I meant professional as in a psycologist or someone that is qualified to make the distinction.

I meant professional as in a psycologist or someone that is qualified to make the distinction.

that was my original thought but I couldn't help it. I had to throw in that joke.
<whisper to you - someone in here is certainly not a professional one either :laugh2:>

EPIC FAIL on the humor. When you have to explain it, it looses it's impact.

And, yes, I've heard of protitutes, but it isn't the first association that comes to mind when I see the word "professional". The fact that you do would lead one to question the association.

of course... you'd jump onto it at any chance you can get. you come trumpeting along on your plastic high horse :laugh2:

mv301-1.jpg

btw - yes my attempt at humor was an EPIC FAIL :cry: oh well!

How'd you feel if your wife turned Bisexual all of sudden?

If you had one.

Last edited:
How'd you feel if your wife turned Bisexual all of sudden?

If you had one.

I don't think it's possible for someone to "turn" bisexual. They likely had the urge to experiment with others but did not explore it for a long time.

of course... you'd jump onto it at any chance you can get. you come trumpeting along on your plastic high horse :laugh2:

mv301-1.jpg

btw - yes my attempt at humor was an EPIC FAIL :cry: oh well!

Nice toys you have there, jiro!

Nice toys you have there, jiro!

Didn't you forget? It's the one I gave you that as a congratulatory gift for earning your pysch degree from online school.

Didn't you forget? It's the one I gave you that as a congratulatory gift for earning your pysch degree from online school.

That's okay, sweetie. I have the documentation to back my degrees...plural...up. Shame you don't. Go play with your toys.

And see if you can manage to stay on topic.

Just wanted to ask a question about something that interests me.

I have a gay friend that claims that bisexuality eventually leads one down a road to identifying solely as gay or lesbian.

Is this true? I would think that it would be possible for one person to like both sexes.

Just a thought.

To set you "straight" so to speak-- the answer is 'no'.

One can be bi-sexual and enjoy a relationship with a member of the same sex or the opposite sex.

The trouble lies within when one is dating a member of the same sex and pursing a relationship with a member of the opposite sex without communicating one's intentions.

To safely explore bi-sexuality, I would recommend getting in touch with a support group that focuses on bisexuality.

Secondly I recommend NOT to be dating a member of the same sex and opposite sex at the same time. There are people that do not understand the "gray area" of sexuality. To be on the safe side--date who you want to date.

Thirdly--practice safe sex. Your mind will thank you, your body will thanks you and so will you future playmates. :)

But isn't it hypocritical for a gay or lesbian person to mock or denigrate bisexuals?

No it's not, because the lesbian and gay are different than the bisexual, just as well as the straights. Evenually, it's not hypocritical for lesbian and gay to mock each other, because they are both different too. Another good example, the transgenders, there are lot of gay, lesbian, and bisexuals that discriminated against the transgenders too.

That's why we are so called the diversity.

Why do people feel the need to label and/or limit themselves?

I think it's because it explain who they are as they felt about themselves.

Oh and btw, I am was used to be bisexual, but now gay. Just in case if you want to know, Brad ;)

To set you "straight" so to speak-- the answer is 'no'.

One can be bi-sexual and enjoy a relationship with a member of the same sex or the opposite sex.

The trouble lies within when one is dating a member of the same sex and pursing a relationship with a member of the opposite sex without communicating one's intentions.

To safely explore bi-sexuality, I would recommend getting in touch with a support group that focuses on bisexuality.

Secondly I recommend NOT to be dating a member of the same sex and opposite sex at the same time. There are people that do not understand the "gray area" of sexuality. To be on the safe side--date who you want to date.

Thirdly--practice safe sex. Your mind will thank you, your body will thanks you and so will you future playmates. :)

I stand corrected. One question: In your experience, have you seen any instances in which it was a transition?

Totally understand if it was a transition for some.

It's nice to ask a random question and get an intelligent response on a forum. Something that doesn't happen very often anymore.

Totally understand if it was a transition for some.

It's nice to ask a random question and get an intelligent response on a forum. Something that doesn't happen very often anymore.

Yupp it's all good :) I recommend you to read the history of GLBTs, you will understand about our community more, also you will find more interesting information from it.

I stand corrected. One question: In your experience, have you seen any instances in which it was a transition?

Transistion in terms of what?

I can give you a long winded answer but I don't think it would answer your question as life is constantly in transistion. :)

Be a little specific would help. :)

Transistion in terms of what?

I can give you a long winded answer but I don't think it would answer your question as life is constantly in transistion. :)

Be a little specific would help. :)

Oh, absolutely, life is always in transition. Even if one has committed to a homosexual lifestyle, or a heterosexual lifestyle, there will still be constant transition. I am referring, a bit more specifically, to the individual who is, in reality, homosexual, but is having great difficulty, for whatever reason, of accepting that. To declare one's sexuality in terms of either heterosexual or homosexual is kind of an either or proposition. Bisexualtiy is not a committment to either of those lifestyles, but leaves one the freedom to float between the two. The stigma attached to homosexuality is still so great in some segments of our society, that the fear of being so stigmatized prevents the individual from truly accepting their own homosexuality completely. As long as the option of returning to an opposite sex relationship remains for this individual, they can avoid and delay indentifying, accepting, and committing to the homosexual tendencies in themselves.

Perhaps I should have described it more as a process than a transition. And, then again, I could be completely off base. That is why I am asking. I'd like to have an accurate perception.

I think bisexuality is a valid sexual orientation by itself -- it's so easy to be confused when one is in a transitioning/learning period, and bisexuality is convenient in this period for a lack of better explanation or word. I think bicurious is a better word for those who are confused and not ready to take on commitment of what truly attracts them. It does not mean there are no true bisexuals.

I see no issue about being attracted to both sexes.

Back