Pressure group condemns 'blood-soaked' PC games

Vance

Reaction score
Fears that parents and grandparents may unwittingly buy violent or sexually explicit computer games for youths this Christmas have prompted a coalition of US pressure groups to compile a warning list of the world's most violent games.

Groups led by the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility have today warned parents and grandparents to be careful when purchasing what it deems to be the 10 most violent video games.
These include Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Halo 2, which the group considers "inappropriate as holiday season gifts for young children".

The campaign, which includes the World Council of Churches and the National Committee on Women's Organisations, has issued a joint statement calling on retailers to "stop selling the most violent games to youths" and urging video game makers to "offer more than just blood-soaked, anti-social content".

Source: No link, I got it from subscription list (email)

Gamers, whenever they are done with anti-women rights activities, they are coming for you and your entertainments. Movies is probably the next one they plan to condemn right after once they are done with the games. LOOK OUT FOR THE SKY WHICH WILL FALL ON YOUR HEAD.

They still don't realize -- actually refuse to realize -- that parents are the one who is responsible for letting their kids to get the games or not. Not Christian groups. Not governments. Not corporations. Not teachers. Not kids. It is parents' job to inspect these games to see if it is ok for their kids to play or feel confident that their kids are mature enough to be able to play the games without any kind of consequences. They cannot use the excuse that they don't know if it is ok for them to buy or not... The clerks in video stores know these many games (it is their job to know), parents can ask them to find out. Or... go to video game sites such as ign.com and read their reviews to find out. The usual excuses and blame games are not to be accepted!

I started to play the games when I was young... barely old enough to understand what sex means and had been playing many violent games for years... I am adult now and I haven't killed anyone or get in any kind of violent activities. There are plenty 'pro-social' content games, that's what I don't get about them :dunno: What kind of drugs these groups are on? I'd like to have one.

Last edited:
Yeah i agreed, In my youth, I played Larry Leisure, Mortal Kombat and more games to mentioned, really the fact is that its the parents' responsibilies to teach their young kids an understanding that the games are not real or intention to teach volience and etc. Once you can teach your kid whats right or what's wrong then the games are nothing but a piece of cake

Blood Omen series are the bloodiest games I ever seen! :ugh: I think I'll give them to Vampyrox since he likes blood. ;)

Back