Potentially big snowstorm to hit Chicago next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true. I haven't seen everything, but I've seen murders and the likes, and none of that bothers me, so seeing triage probably wouldn't, either. And you're probably right....... I'm probably being just a little extreme here.

Sent from my ME172V using AllDeaf App mobile app

You have witnessed them first hand or did you see it all on tv? :giggle:

You have witnessed them first hand or did you see it all on tv? :giggle:

Saw it all firsthand. I live in Chicago, and witnessing crime is way too common here. I haven't witnessed any in a few years now-- last time I did was 2009.

Relaxing? What's that? I do not have that word in my vocabulary, cause I'm constantly on my feet, and only relax when I'm asleep, but because I have a Dr. appointment this afternoon, and the fact my night meds will knock me out, I am choosing to skip tonight's dose so I KNOW I'll be there. (No worries-- I've missed the medicine before, and nothing bad happened)

Just curious, you say "I'm constantly on my feet" do you stand while online?

That weatherman is never going to live this one down. I can't get over that. Wonder what his reaction was after seeing the replay of it. :laugh2:

how do you get to see a killing?!?!?! Details

All of the violent stuff I saw was before 2007, so I don't remember the details now, but let me tell you this-- you do NOT want to witness someone off someone else, cause it's not pleasant, and not only that, those who were at war and witness a killing in their hometown, especially one with PTSD and possibly other stuff might trigger bad stuff in that person. Now, I don't condone killings, but even if I could remember the details, they're too gruesome for here, and not for anyone's eyes but my own.

That wasn't what happened. Guy got stabbed good, and that's when I realized that certain kinds of jokes are best left unsaid. That is why I rarely joke, cause that was the only time I actually saw one backfire.

I had a b/f that got stabbed and the knife just missed his heart. He got stabbed because he was Black . I went to visit in him the hospital and he told I should not came because I could get attacked too for dating a Black man. So I do not understand your reasoning about not being able to joke around because of seeing bad things happening . There is a member here who saw her mother be killed right in front of her and she is always joking around.

All of the violent stuff I saw was before 2007, so I don't remember the details now, but let me tell you this-- you do NOT want to witness someone off someone else, cause it's not pleasant, and not only that, those who were at war and witness a killing in their hometown, especially one with PTSD and possibly other stuff might trigger bad stuff in that person. Now, I don't condone killings, but even if I could remember the details, they're too gruesome for here, and not for anyone's eyes but my own.

If someone got killed in front of me, I would not be bragging about seeing someone murdered to start with. I even don't mention a lot stuff that happened to me. If you were so traumatized about it why mention it. BS is what I'm calling you out on. I was just down Irving park road and California a hour ago.... Oh wow there was a car getting the boot. What an entertainment. Lane tech is down the street.

Don't bring this city to shame by lying about seeing someone getting whacked and use it as an excuse. If you did see someone get killed. Sorry its not easy to see someone's soul burn out but for some psychos it might get easier every time.

Sorry buddy, keep your chin up.

I had a b/f that got stabbed and the knife just missed his heart. He got stabbed because he was Black . I went to visit in him the hospital and he told I should not came because I could get attacked too for dating a Black man. So I do not understand your reasoning about not being able to joke around because of seeing bad things happening . There is a member here who saw her mother be killed right in front of her and she is always joking around.

Oh good post, exactly what I was thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back