Potentially big snowstorm to hit Chicago next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
lemme guess.... you're afraid that you're gonna end up in jail cuz of a bad joke?

That wasn't what happened. Guy got stabbed good, and that's when I realized that certain kinds of jokes are best left unsaid. That is why I rarely joke, cause that was the only time I actually saw one backfire.

Sent from my ME172V using AllDeaf App mobile app

That wasn't what happened. Guy got stabbed good, and that's when I realized that certain kinds of jokes are best left unsaid. That is why I rarely joke, cause that was the only time I actually saw one backfire.

ok but this is internet. you're not going to get stabbed or go to jail if you made a bad joke. ok?

Let's just say I've seen my share of violence that didn't always end pleasantly, and leave it at that. I've seen quite a bit, and I'm still here. Most people who've seen what I have would not still be here if it haunted them for life. That stuff doesn't even affect me at all-- once witnessed, I forget about it and don't dwell on it, and living in Chicago, that's not easy to do. The reason why I'm still here is because I keep a positive attitude, and do not dwell on the negatives I've seen. No point in doing so, anyhow.

Work triage in a busy top rated medical hospital designed for the worst of the worst cases.... You haven't seen beans until you work in ICU / triage.

Secondly, this is the internet. Nobody is going to get stabbed over a joke gone bad. :roll: You're being a little to extreme here....and over exaggerating the situation at hand... again.... :roll:

ok but this is internet. you're not going to get stabbed or go to jail if you made a bad joke. ok?

That's probably true, but I'm not a great joker, and I've tried before, and I am downright terrible. I'm far better at acting than joking.

Work triage in a busy top rated medical hospital designed for the worst of the worst cases.... You haven't seen beans until you work in ICU / triage.

Secondly, this is the internet. Nobody is going to get stabbed over a joke gone bad. :roll: You're being a little to extreme here....and over exaggerating the situation at hand... again.... :roll:

That's true. I haven't seen everything, but I've seen murders and the likes, and none of that bothers me, so seeing triage probably wouldn't, either. And you're probably right....... I'm probably being just a little extreme here.

I see but you're not acting very well in here either. you're acting like the elephant in the room here.

I'm sure you can do a simple joke. it's not that hard. let me show you how -

authentic said:

perhaps your reply could be - :naughty:

and foxrac teased you -

perhaps your reply could be - Myrtle Beach here I come! (with a pix attached)

Just one problem-- the people I live with and people I work with require me to take things seriously, and being a person who jokes when there's the potential for an emergency to strike at any time does not leave me time to be a fun person AT THIS HOUSE. If I am outside the house or living on my own, then maybe my personality would be different, which is something I found out not long ago-- I need my own place.

Just one problem-- the people I live with and people I work with require me to take things seriously, and being a person who jokes when there's the potential for an emergency to strike at any time does not leave me time to be a fun person AT THIS HOUSE. If I am outside the house or living on my own, then maybe my personality would be different, which is something I found out not long ago-- I need my own place.

ok but this is internet... we do not live with you and we do not work with you. so relax.... chill out... joke around a bit... have some woobie-doobie...

Thank to Chiberia weather here, so many pot holes are forming !!! This means people will be coming from Windy City to your state and showing off their turbocharged engines!!! Be on a watch for Chicago refugees ;).

ok but this is internet... we do not live with you and we do not work with you. so relax.... chill out... joke around a bit... have some woobie-doobie...

Relaxing? What's that? I do not have that word in my vocabulary, cause I'm constantly on my feet, and only relax when I'm asleep, but because I have a Dr. appointment this afternoon, and the fact my night meds will knock me out, I am choosing to skip tonight's dose so I KNOW I'll be there. (No worries-- I've missed the medicine before, and nothing bad happened)

Thank to Chiberia weather here, so many pot holes are forming !!! This means people will be coming from Windy City to your state and showing off their turbocharged engines!!! Be on a watch for Chicago refugees ;).

I've seen the potholes. Riding the #22 Clark bus isn't gonna be any fun. Pretty certain I'll have a sore bum when I get home, along with a very sore back.

Relaxing? What's that? I do not have that word in my vocabulary, cause I'm constantly on my feet, and only relax when I'm asleep, but because I have a Dr. appointment this afternoon, and the fact my night meds will knock me out, I am choosing to skip tonight's dose so I KNOW I'll be there. (No worries-- I've missed the medicine before, and nothing bad happened)

Groan.gif

That again. What can I say? (By the way, my tablet almost wrote Xanex on here)

now we're getting there! a good little insert for a joke!

now we're getting there! a good little insert for a joke!

Hmm. That IS something I could start with. That gives me an idea to work with.

For Mark to joke with us, he has to "get" the joke in the first place. Jiro, it's like you're trying to play catch with a guy with no arms.

For Mark to joke with us, he has to "get" the joke in the first place. Jiro, it's like you're trying to play catch with a guy with no arms.

Hey, I've 2 arms and I didn't catch it!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_92676554432647.jpeg
    IMG_92676554432647.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 21
To the weather pervs: Geeze, guys, I can see giving Mark some flak for patting himself on the back too hard like he was doing (I think more before that little break), or the onslaught of posts, stuff like that. But if he's genuinely not getting a joke, and you keep swatting it back and forth over his head, that's just mean.

To Mark: I feel like you've made some adjustments, and at least for me, it's a big improvement, so thank you. I don't know if you really didn't catch the joke here, or if you're just trying to ignore it because of its content. (If you already got it, sorry: I hope you can just disregard this whole thing.) If you did miss it, I think you deserve to have someone tell you: in post #2, that image on the screen behind the guy is supposed to look like a penis, placed like it's growing out of his pants while he makes masturbatory gestures ostensibly for describing a weather pattern.

To the weather pervs: Geeze, guys, I can see giving Mark some flak for patting himself on the back too hard like he was doing (I think more before that little break), or the onslaught of posts, stuff like that. But if he's genuinely not getting a joke, and you keep swatting it back and forth over his head, that's just mean.

To Mark: I feel like you've made some adjustments, and at least for me, it's a big improvement, so thank you. I don't know if you really didn't catch the joke here, or if you're just trying to ignore it because of its content. (If you already got it, sorry: I hope you can just disregard this whole thing.) If you did miss it, I think you deserve to have someone tell you: in post #2, that image on the screen behind the guy is supposed to look like a penis, placed like it's growing out of his pants while he makes masturbatory gestures ostensibly for describing a weather pattern.

No, I didn't get it, but now I look at it again, now I see that, and that's not the kind of stuff I really want to be seeing, so in a way, you are correct in saying that I did ignore it, because I wasn't paying attention to the joke at all, and I really don't care for those kinds of jokes, anyway.

As for making improvement, I have made some adjustments since I stepped away, but I still have work to do, though. I hope to continue making positive adjustments.

Mark, I don't know your history but in general, laughter and humor is a life saver to people who have past bad experiences. Many of our famous comedians developed their skill by taking hard life experiences and situations and turning them around into something humorous. Humor is often a coping mechanism to pain. Try to open yourself to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back