Pissed off.

Aleser

Reaction score
We just moved into the area so I don't know places hours. I wanted to get one of those flavoured bottle sodas from starbucks, and the site didn't list their hours, so I called.

THK U DIALING
6233629288RINGING 1...
(F)
(INTRO CALL PLS HLD)
(EXPLAINING RELAY)
okay starbucks we don't accept relay calls thanks(CALLED PARTY HAS HUNG UP)

I JUST WANT TO KNOW THEIR HOURS. :(

</rant>

sorry I can't be helping you since I don't live in usa :(

Next time when you make a call, tell the operator not to announce this is relay service etc etc and just ask for the hour. It happened to me few times so it does work when I asked her/him not say a word till she/he ask the question that I requested.

Good luck

I just checked the website to see if there is stores' hours. It says " Please call this store directly for store hours." haha .. still a bummer! Well as LakeTahoe says to tell operator not to say who they are. Or say you are Starbuck customer and need to know what the hours do they operate. Or say you want to speak to their manager. Good Luck.

Starbucks Store Locator

We just moved into the area so I don't know places hours. I wanted to get one of those flavoured bottle sodas from starbucks, and the site didn't list their hours, so I called.

THK U DIALING
6233629288RINGING 1...
(F)
(INTRO CALL PLS HLD)
(EXPLAINING RELAY)
okay starbucks we don't accept relay calls thanks(CALLED PARTY HAS HUNG UP)

I JUST WANT TO KNOW THEIR HOURS. :(

</rant>

That's unfortunate one of Arizona's Starbucks did that to you. I haven't heard a Starbucks doing that to Deaf customers on East Coast yet.

I do it for you.
Hello! i711.com CA#16000F
Special Instructions:ask them what your store\'s hour is?
THK U DIALING
6233629288RINGING 1...
(M)
(INTRO CALL PLS HLD)
(asking hours)
monday through thursday 4:30am to 10pm, and then friday through saturday 4:30am to 11pm. then sunday is 5:30am to 10pm. alrighy GA
ok thank you bye sk or ga

For me, I keep bugging them a few times until they understand what relay call is. I just want to educate some people than not knowing what it is. Sometimes, I don't let them announce the relay when I don't feel like bugging them.

For me, I keep bugging them a few times until they understand what relay call is. I just want to educate some people than not knowing what it is. Sometimes, I don't let them announce the relay when I don't feel like bugging them.

Yeah.... i did same thing.. i kept bugging them... i told them i am deaf and using three way communications..... then if they keep on hanging up on me.. i called back and threatened them that i would report them to BBB... It worked...

I have always had great experiences with Starbucks.

It is more on an individual working for Starbucks, not the Starbucks company.

You can call back and ask for the manager to complain about that person's ignorance of deaf culture & what not.

I called Western Union, and the lady there think Relay is a prank call...
So she reported Credit Card companies that I am a fraud.
And I had to call Credit Card companies that I am not a fraud...
so they reopen my Credit card account.

Most people don't understand Relay Service.

That is soo rude of Starbucks to say that not accept relay calls ouch!

That would be frustrating go back to that place explain to the manager what happened and maybe you will get a free bottle flavored soda:thumb:

If you do go back tell us what happened.

I ended up calling Starbucks Retail Customer Relations, in which I was put on hold for about 5 minutes and then connected to a kind lady who said sorry at least 7 times per sentence, and got the store hours for me. I didn't mention it being me when I went to the store, I just got my drink quietly.

I ended up calling Starbucks Retail Customer Relations, in which I was put on hold for about 5 minutes and then connected to a kind lady who said sorry at least 7 times per sentence, and got the store hours for me. I didn't mention it being me when I went to the store, I just got my drink quietly.

At least you called the customer relations and explained the situation. Most Starbucks close around 11pm or so. I know the one's here in the west coast stay open til 11pm or sometimes 12am.
Glad you got your drink:cool:

My concern wasn't so much close time as open. I often am up and about well before sunrise because it's easier for me to see and alot cooler outside, so I'd more likely end up walking there in the earliest hours of the morning. I've made the mistake of walking to a grocery store at say, 530 and finding out they open at 6 or whatever and having to wait. Not fun.

That usually does the trick.
Yep, it can be a hassle at times... but it does work.

I had a friend who ordered something online. He had to call to confirm something. So, he used relay. They operator announced herself first and the other person refused to cooperate for it might be a scam. My friend called again and told the operator not to announce herself. She didn't, but still... person wouldn't do it. So, he called again... asking for a male operator... still wouldn't do it. Then he realized that the operator was saying "go ahead" (for GA). So, he called again... asked for a male operator... and told him not to announce himself or to use GA or any other relay lingo... just say GA to my friend if the guy finishes talking and to talk back without using GA. Well, it finally worked... whew!

Next time when you make a call, tell the operator not to announce this is relay service etc etc and just ask for the hour. It happened to me few times so it does work when I asked her/him not say a word till she/he ask the question that I requested.

Good luck

+1

Yup that would work. That does trick for me OR you can tell relay that he/she is your friend or family who s speaking for you.

I Dont blame hearing especially in business as they probably think relay s one of telemarketer.

I think ALL buisness should be made aware of what relay service is and have anyone who answers the phones trained in how to deal with it. I think it should be illegal to hang up on a relay service sense that is denying a person service based on disability.

We have a local starbucks here and I may stop in there sometime to inform them a bit on relay services since there seems to be a chainwide problem with it and starbucks is a popular place for people - including deaf people.

Good luck

This sometimes does work, but it can put the operator in a real uncomfortable situation. After you've received the answer, the call will still proceed. There will be long pauses and the voice user will hear the operator typing and know something is up. Just tell the operator to not indicate relay, ask the question, type the response and then close the call.

Or you could have a hearing friend or relative make the call for you that way you get a straight answer if Starbucks is unwilling to take the relay call.

Back